Tatctics fighting multiple enemies

I already finisih the mais quest and side quests. now doing activities), if i pick a fight, and then realized its 4 or more heavily armored enemies, then shit just hit the fan, low chances of survival. since the game makes you lock one enemy at the time. Can someone share your best course of action on this situations? or gear choices?

i did my part in the training ground, i main polearms lvl 17, since the 1.5 patch, i can´t use anymore. My sword skill is 13 and i use the st george sword. Mace skill 14 with warhammer (used to fight with a unique mace called raven´s beak, since this update, she desapeared from my chest) . i like to use a shield too. And i use full plate armor, best shit groschen can buy.

Walk backwards following an arc to the left or the right, keeping one enemy between you and all the other enemies. Focus on him.

Another tactic is to run by your enemies at the ends of a line striking as you go by. This is more difficult in this game because of the stupid locking on target mechanism.

1 Like

its not a superhero game. ur not supposed to take on 10 enemies at once and win! stick to batman if u want that

1 Like

why trying to mock me friend? You never encounter more than 5 enemies at once, on foot? And the bandit camps, cumans camps and brigand camps you´re suppose to clear? i always have to kill then in the middle in the night while their sleeping? It gets boring. I can handle more than 5 enemies at once if they all don´t use full heavy armor. if you don´t wanna share answers or advices on this situation, please don´t bother put any messages here.

1 Like

Yeah I have had around ten bandits at me at once around the northern areas. It’s not realistic to be able to take that many on.

that´s the problem man, since you can´t have any backup (a companion, or some hired hand). if´s there too many heavily armored enemies, its always turning your back and fleeing, then killing everyone in their sleep.

Hit and run. I’ll harass their outer edge scouts, draw them away from the camp and beat them down in the brush.

Once I’ve whittled down the outside troops, I can sneak closer to the main camp. If they’re awake, I’ll try to take one out with a bow, then move position and hide again. I use woodsman and crouching stealth perks, combined with dark and quiet armor, so I don’t make any noise.

If they’re asleep, I’ll target the strongest enemies for a stealth kill, then fight the weaker ones if they wake up.

If I’m ambushed by a group, I echo the advice of moving and pivoting. Keep the enemies strung along so they can’t flank you, and keep moving to put the melee enemies in the way of their ranged units so they can’t hit you.

Mind your stamina: hit once or twice, then disengage and reposition while you catch your breath. Even with maxed out stats, Henry can’t keep up a barrage without overexertion.

If you aren’t spamming the stab button like a cheese-head, the combat system rewards timing and attacking off the defensive. Let them come to you, let them make the first mistake, and make them pay for it.

5 Likes

Have you noticed how other people are helpful in their responses? Maybe try that sometime.

5 Likes

That’s how its meant to be. It’s a different game to elders scrolls and ur triple a’s

No, no, I understand it’s hard for you to be helpful. I’m just suggesting you give it a shot at some point. You may find it fulfilling.

2 Likes

Or… you know… if you don’t know the answer to something, just pass on the topic. That’s another option. You don’t have to respond to everything.

3 Likes

I was and am a huge fan of the horse archer. I fire away until they charge the horse. That’s usually good for ~5 shots. Then, I try for a head shot on first charging enemy. Canter/gallop past where NPC just came… giving myself enough time and space. Aim fire. Rinse repeat. This is how I got vast majority of my +250 headshot kills.

Once the ten become 2-3 (due to killing each other and me picking them off), I do an inventory/ballsy check. If overloaded, hurt or not feeling it, I keep shooting the NPCs. Otherwise, I jump off the horse and focus on most shot up or closest NPC. (Don’t always control that so take what you can). Once in the ground, I largely abide by the techniques Keegan mentioned above. This is the grinding technique I’ve used to kill over 2400 enemies. This technique isn’t for everybody, but I enjoy it.

1 Like

I can beat 4 guys, with injury. But I never had 10 against me unless it was Pribyslavitz battle but those were scripted.

i really enjoyed usign the horse plus halbert, but since they updated, my mod “restore halberds” stopped working, horse archery is kinda funny to play too

Tactics is to be heavily armed, so light armor isn’t best choice, than shield will prolong your survival and use horse for retreat if you feel you can’t beat them. You can Shift and swipe mouse to unlock. Try no to run but just move away so they don’t surround you. Move towards the inhabited area so few of them will run after someone else. Use natural barriers like bushes and fallen trees to rest your stamina while they will run around it. Poke your enemy right after he runs to you, he will have lower stamina. Have more weapons ready. Swords are good for stabbing but maces will deal real damage to heavy armored. Let your enemy do mistake, first block his attack, then counter attack. Bash enemy’s shield so he opens defense and poke into face.

1 Like

Yeah bro be more helpful. Try to ease upon the people who find this game hard. Don’t scare them enough so that they leave the game.
This is like a “De Ja Vu”. Back in the day in forums I used to see fans of Morrowind and Gothic being a jerk to the people who were having trouble finding stuffs. Now look at what happened to both of those franchise. If enough people want this game to be casualized the future of the franchise will be cazualized. If enough people leave the game because this game is hard for them the future of the franchise will try not to be hard for them.

Try to make other people view from your perspective rather than always suggesting them to play other games or telling them that they suck and if they still cannot see things like you do then it is upto them. In the end it does not matter to the developers how many hours u put into the game. The real thing that matters is how many copies it sold.

Try to make them embrace the difficulty and suggest stuffs to make it easier for the newcomers. Otherwise maybe in kingdom comes 3 combat will be less complex and casualized because most people don’t want it to be hard and people like you and I will start crying in the forums and the rest of the people will ignore us.
Majority rules…Democracy…

1 Like

Well I did nothing wrong. The game is meant to be realistic. How realistic is it for one person to take out more than five enemies? If you think that is realistic…

No it is not. But don’t also assume what they think.

1 Like

here , i have a clip from a historical documentary for you to watch. this proves its possible to 1 vs 10. enjoy!

1 Like

Ehem. Marigold decoction. Cuman killer