Texture quality (Base PS4) (Sorry)

Hey, I know I’ve complained before about this but come on!
The textures on the base console versions are just “ERRHHH!” totally flat, and from what I saw, I think they’re even lower than PC low settings (might be wrong about that).

I’m kinda triggered right now to be honest.

Alright, so let’s say the have games like Final Fantasy 15, offering beautiful graphics, lighting, shadows and guess what?!- High quality textures!
And we have Kingdom Come, (which, yes, so far has a great storyline and well thought out mechanics) but what happened with the graphics…? I’m honestly not trying to come off as needy or angry, and usually I don’t even care about graphics that much, hell, I probably had more fun with FF Type 0, than FF 15 and Type 0 looked like trash.
But when a game is marketed as a realistic medieval RPG, I want realism, you know? And you know, what’s not realistic?- Looking at the ground and thinking it’s made out of play-dough.

I definitely know the devs can squeeze way more power out of these machines.
And if not, why not you give the players options to change the graphics settings our selfs, like on PC?

A picture of all of that: (grass looks like it’s just sticked on the ground with no naturalism, rocks look like something on the ps2)

Please understand, that I’m not bashing or hating the game, just want to get the best experience possible from it. :slight_smile:

You wont get the best experiencie from a ps4 be thankful that you can play, is a low budget game what you expect?

1 Like

I know, but I DEFINITELY know that it can be way better and the ps4 can be pushed wayyyy further than this.

2 Likes

Iknow is frustating but at least someone have the idea of making this tipe of game

1 Like

Can’t argue there. The game itself is good so far, and a deep story like this is really welcome.

1 Like

If you don’t mind would you post afew more ps4 screen shots. I must admit that does look bad. I have a ps4 pro, but I held off buying the game today as I was told there were “some issues”. I do like this kind of game so I’m somewhat interested.

1 Like

People defend this game with “It’s a lowbudget game, its their first game and blah blah blah” Then tell me why they charge the same as a highbudget triple a game?? If it is lowbudget, then it should match with being low price. I think many people are reacting harshly about the game because they have paid full price for what feels like a beta.

1 Like

Yeah that’s what I’m seeing here. It looks like a beta, that why I was abit off on actually buying it at the AAA price tag. No shade I understand it’s a small studio, but such a price tag for so little polish and bug issues.

1 Like

problem is that ps4 ver. was not even tested.
control issues, lod is horrible (who thought this is a great idea to make lod of clothes shorter than lod of npc’s?), TEXTURES, milliards of bugs.
Looks like someone just said ‘we will lower resolution, detalisation? who cares! lets just cut all visuals of pc ver. 5 times, it will surely work.’

2 Likes

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DV8NpyPW0AEcL_W.jpg:large

1 Like

Exactly. I bought it to, preorder. And to be honest, I like the games ideas, but the presentation and execution of thoose ideas feel like oblivion. People have to stop defending developers like that. It is just silly. This game has been sold on graphics freedom snd realistc combat. Freedom is still valid and combat actually feels cool in some ways. But the graphics sets you back to ps2.

1 Like

I feel cheated to be honest. But I hope they fix it. Cause the game in it self is a great idea. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeesh! Yk if the ps4 (pro) version was not even tested why the hell release it. They could have easily just released the PC version and worked on that till it was good, then do a console port. Or if anything a reduced price point. My gripe ATM is the price. If it buggy and poorly optimized and you only payed like $30 well ok that what you expect at that price point, but at $60 I think that’s just mad

1 Like

Each I installed with patch on ps pro and it is so jerky and stuttering.Even the credits and intro movie chug along.

1 Like

Hi,
Are you sure its d 1 ? Whats your version ?

1 Like

Have reinstalled three times

1 Like

I have a Ps4 Pro with SSHD. Download Version 1.1 (Psn said 1.02) and OS 5.50 Beta. 4k Samsung TV with HDR.

Runs smooth. No problem with loading. Graphic not like Horizon Zero Dawn or AC:O but still good.

Look at Elex on Ps4. I think KCD has the better graphic.

1 Like

I thought I saw somewhere that 1.1 is the pre day one patch. There is supposed to be a 22GB patch that, according to the developer, polishes the game up quite a bit. Can’t confirm as I haven’t been able to play yet today but yeah.

Edit: Could be wrong about the version number, but the day 1 patch is supposed to be massive, and apparently isn’t on Xbox yet, not sure about ps4

1 Like

Are you sure?

1 Like

Strange almost same as me tv etc.never saw 1.02 yet though

1 Like