Texture quality (Base PS4) (Sorry)

I have recieved the game on saturday and it says “version 1.1” in the main menue but in the Playstation download history it says “saturday: 28 GB - version 1.02”. So the newest version / day one patch was already available last week. Deep Silver did say that version 1.1 and 1.2 (main menue) are the newest versions. There is no newer version right now. A patch 1.03 is coming but it is not out yet.

1 Like

Just checked the community manager bugs post, there is supposed to be a 1.2 week 1 patch

1 Like

Are all buildings like that or just some ? Do they stay liie that all the time ?

1 Like

Seems like it just did not load the high res texture. Is the LOD setting messed up on PS4?

1 Like

This looks also weird (PS4 PRO):

1 Like

PS4 day one patch is 1.03, Xbox 1 is 1.0.0.118. I’m just going to go in assuming there will be issues until I know I have the patch that they have spent a month working on already.

2 Likes

Hopefuly by end of the week ! Not much infi qe can get atm its almost midnight in Prague

1 Like

That looks exactly the same as PC medium settings. I had to go to High to get all the textures to laod, because otherwise they are too far for the preset LOD

1 Like

Any screen shots of the best quality you can get on PC? PC is supposed to have gotten the patch by now so I’m curious to see how different it is. Granted PC can always get better quality but it would be nice to see the max potential of it

1 Like

I do not think it is related to patch at all. Just the drawing distance setting and distance at which objects switch to higher quality. There are some screenshots of how things look on ultra around. Perhaps someone with stronger hardware than I do could show them. But for ultra you pretty much need top PC GPU to play at reasonable FPS.

1 Like

I am running Ultra high on PC.

1 Like

I’m on pro too.does it stutter and jerk when you move and watch intro movie and credits.cant play it ,it’s so juddering

1 Like

ahhhhhhhhhh! It looks so nice, i wish i could afford such a set up :frowning: How much is your rig?

1 Like

Yeah, it looks nice! Cant complain. Hmm, 1500-2000$ maybe including 144Hz freesync monitor. But I think the game will run fine on a cheaper rig too!

1 Like

You don’t need any special hardware just some Nvidia 1060 or AMD RX470 is ok and game looks ± identical, there is no big difference between Ultra or high… 700 - 1000 USD PC, monitor included? No big deal.

Anyway PC have some issues too, FPS drops and so.

1 Like

Then we shouldn’t have to pay 59.99 then

1 Like

I’m honestly shocked how bad the LOD problem is. Jeez.

Also they really need to make the grass near roads seem more realistic, so it does look like it just appears there, based on the road curvature.

2 Likes

The massive patch you are talking about was installed on ps4 digital version from start. I downloaded game 46.51 gig. Still bad frames and veeery low textures. In the countryside game runs about 30, but in the towns it runs alot slower, would guess 20 to 25 average. And that is with major texture pop in and flat non detailed textures. So that big patch do not make the game playable in towns.

2 Likes

This is baaad. Gonna stop wait a few months (or weeks) and only then start playing again.

I played most of the night last night and I really don’t see any of the issues you guys are talking about. I’m playing on Xbox without the day 1 patch still and the game looks amazing. At first it seemed pretty badly textured but that seemed to go away after the tutorial stuff

2 Likes