Texture quality (Base PS4) (Sorry)

Dunno. Didn’t look THAT good to me. Gonna wait a month for more patches.

I think once people start to focus more on every single other aspect of the game, the graphics really aren’t that big a deal. Not big enough to take away anything from the game for me. The amount of detail in all the other actions and interaction between the main character and NPCs is worth much more to me than looking a bit nicer. That said the game really looks pretty good to me anyway

1 Like

I’m playing on the Pro and its okayish. A friend of mine is playing on Steam and we made some screenshots at the exact same spots and the graphic quality on the Pro looks like medium settings on Pc. The 30 fps are stable 90% of the time, no drops while riding or walking through the nature or villages, but the framerate drops down in bigger cities like Rattay (20-25 fps around the city hall). The shiny face effect from the Pc version is missing on the Pro and there is no ambient occlusion i think. The textures are not as sharp as on Pc ultra settings of course, the loading times for the details in the distance are pretty slow and sometimes the level of detail gets broken if you leave the game for too long in the pause menue / inventory / map. But the game is not completely broken or anything, i’m 35 hours in and i had no crashes. The game is fun if you can ignore some of the glitches and issues.

1 Like

Absolutely not, I do not have any special harware, Radeon R9 390X and Ryzen 7 1700X 16GB ram. Nothing special at all. But they asked about the price. The monitor is whats eating up money when you want a gamin rig. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ps4Pro aint better…I m very disapointed

1 Like

I thought PS4 Pro has 1080p and higher resolution textures and effects. (From what I’ve read)

The gods have blessed us with a comparison!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkQkddfCjyg

Guys, I think I’ve figured it out!

The textures themselves aren’t THAT bad (still bad, but not as bad as I previously thought.)
The problem is the broken LOD. Most of the time it simply doesn’t load the higher version textures, and keeps the ones you can see from afar.

FIX THIS! Also, I’ve noticed rain inside a cave…?! REALISM! :cold_sweat:

as good or better than W3 and FO4 on PS4 w/o retexturing mods. And, the floral diversity, structural variety blows away the others

1 Like

“Better”?-No. “About the same”?- At certain places. About the floral thing… I watched this video, and everything inside the forest really doesn’t look that good. Basically no grss at all, and a few little plants here and there, which look way too same and kinda uncanny. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crJML_0GTFQ&t=261s

Still, maybe it will get better with patches. Have lots of hope for the game.

Either you haven’t played FO4 including DLC and SimpleSeasons mod. Or, we’ll have to agree to disagree.

not sure what your expectations are for forest understory. in Europe, the understory of harvested forests looks much like the vid

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it was tested. I saw plenty of PS4 gameplay from E3 2017 and Gamescom

1 Like

i have 4k tv but the draw distance looks like nothing i have seen before,so ugly .i already regret buying this game, graphics arent everything but these graphics in a 2018 game arenot welcome . i hope they will do something

2 Likes

i have the same problem with ps4pro in a 4k tv .in general the draw distance ,so ugly…

1 Like

See what I don’t understand is why so many people are letting the graphics be such a deciding factor about the game without even considering the fact that everything else in the game is something we really haven’t had before and it’s fun and fresh to play. So what your tree that you can’t even interact with is a bit blurry or whatever. Which it’s not even that bad to begin with. Just enjoy the game for what it is. Yeah I get there are bugs and stuff but give them a chance to fix it. There are certainly less bugs in this game than several other top company games have released at launch. I’ll take the lower quality graphics and promise of patches already done or being worked on over a game that looks nice but crashes all the time or sucks to play

1 Like

Yeah. Yesterday, I complained (a little) about the graphics, but after playing most of today, I actually really like them (well, besides the blurry textures and LOD popping) and the gameplay is so damn good. 9/10 for me (the extra point is lost only due to bugs and the aforementioned issues, gameplay is easily 10/10 for me)

2 Likes

It is not a deciding factor.
Its just game that promised to look like one of best looks horrible.

1 Like

Even on the PS4 Pro, it looks identical to PC’s “Low” settings. And that’s really not acceptable for a AAA game.
Listen, I know and I said that graphics aren’t everything, BUT if you market the game as being realistic, I atleast want some realistic stuff to look at.

The game runs on cryengine which is a great engine but even brings high end pcs to their knees. I think the problem with the console versions is the game takes a while to load textures. At the end of the day you cant expect too much when running a new game on 5 year old hardware. The graphics in this game are some of the best around when played on current pc hardware.

2 Likes

Sorry, but you are not right. If there were some new tech and ps4 cant sustain it - its ok. But it looks like skyrim on medium and work much worse.
And why shouldn’t i expect much? We have games like witcher3, who looks great and works good on same systems.

2 Likes