THANK YOU, WARHORSE, for this RPG jewel!

Even so I never took part in the kickstarter campaign of Kingdom Come Deliverance I had followed this project quite a bit since I read about it for the first time about three years ago. The concept is exactly what I was waiting for for a long long time. A complex RPG in a medieval realistic non-fantasy setting. I love fantasy RPGs and played them all (not quite all, but a lot), but I am also a history and middle ages geek and was longing for this kind of game for a long time. I just recently started to play this game, since I was waiting to built my new gaming PC and wanted to get this going on real high end hardware. Also, with RPGs I usually wait a few month to get a few bug fix patches before I start to dive in.

I noticed a lot of negative comments and complaints on this forum and I want to use this post to give my personal feedback to the developers. I think I am exactly the audience for which they wanted to make this game for and I wanted to let them know that they did an awesome job. Visually this game is amazing. Yes, there are some bugs and it could perform a little better, but I want to focus more on game play features.

Fighting: They fights are challanging and different. I like it. It is not just hack and slash. you have to think a little, concentrate and choose your approach.

Eating, Sleeping, healing: finally an RPG that found a way to actually give sleeping and eating a real purpose. Also I like how the healing, alcohol consume, and reading/learning is incorporated.

Saving: In the beginning I was very skeptical of how saving is done in the game. But I must say I like it. I actually intentionally don’t use savior schnappses. I think this game is the first game ever that lets me feel Adrenalin when attacking a camp of bandits or lock picking a chest in the vicinity of NPC’s thinking “oh my god, I am going to loose the last hour of game progress”. I kinda adjusted my whole playstyle and approach to this saving system.

One of the things that is most important to me in an RPG is immersion. And Kingdom Come Deliverance is a very good example of doing it almost perfect. The world looks stunning (visuals and sound) and feels authentic. What I am missing in term of immersion would be other people riding on horses in this world…nobody is riding on horseback, only Henry (with the exception of the horse race and cut scenes). It would also be nice to see farmers or traders using horse carriages. Also, didn’t people in the middles ages in Bohemia have any children? Haven’t seen any younger folks around. Other Games like Witcher 3 and Skyrim had kids playing around and actually families existed in those worlds.

Whatever you do with Kingdom Come in the follow-up game which I hope is going to happen. Feel free to improve, make it less buggy and improve performance. Feel free to make the world larger with more quests. But don’t change the general game play to much!!!

Thank you for making this jewel in the single player video game market!! I know that this project must have felt impossible at times.

9 Likes