WARNING: Spoilers ahead, only read if you already played trough KCD.
I loved this game, as I expressed a while ago in this thank you note THANK YOU, WARHORSE, for this RPG jewel!, and I would like to share what I would like to see in a Kingdom Come Deliverance 2.
- Set in the middle ages (I read about rumors that the sequel will be possibly set in 1506…that’s the Renaissance…please no!!!)!! KCD1 is already set in the very late middle ages and that is alright (allows for all that nice full plate Armour, long-swords, etc) and therefore is the perfect period to explore the medieval period in a game.
- Continue Henry’s story line…I want to see that “eye Opener” castle Sir Capon and Henry are heading to. I know this might cause problems in how to handles skills and advancement (since Henry is already very skilled in many things, by the end of KCD1, but other games overcame those challanges, see BG1 and BG2)
- Slightly more alive world, including other people travelling on horseback, People driving/travelling with horse carts and carriages, more wildlife, especially danger from wolves and bears (which did exist in the geographical area).
- A new tournament system that includes riding horseback with lances
- It should be possible to attack on horseback with lances…
- We need crossbows…isn’t that the perfect weapon for a leveling up system. Powerfull and deadly, but very slow…better skill for faster reloading…better reloading hooks for faster reloading…better skill, more calm during aiming…etc.
- Little details, like when you show up for a battle in the wrong waffenrock, people will comment on it…
- More realistic monetary system. In KCD1 it seemed to easy to get rich and buy whatever you want. by the end of KC1 Henry is by far richer than an average knight ever was.
- Don’t get rid of the survival system (eating and sleeping). I really liked how you did that…
- Keep the Savior schnapps based save system!!! I LOVE IT.
Ignore my imputs or use them for inspiration! Whatever you do…I am sure that you will do a great job with KCD2.