The AI in this game is putrid, far worse than any game i've seen in a long time

Ok… they tested combat blindfolded? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Xbox One S

PS4 port of this program is honestly a completely different story as far as performance and stability go.

I don’t doubt that you have a game you think is worth your purchase price, but try and consider that you aren’t playingg the same port that some of us are having such problems with.

this game is utter garbage on ps4 … totally and completely a pile of horse dung … kindly delivered from WARDONKEY ,

2 Likes

You are playing on like 5 year old tech… upgrade.

there are reports of save corruption bugs occuring from 2016 >_>

Ah, you mean the other games that have problems that are similar to the bad KI of KCD. icon_laughing

This very rarely happens (anymore). When the game first came out, the enemies didn’t charge the player as quickly, so backing up and using a bow was viable. That’s no longer the case, and even in the late-game, fights with more than three bandits can easily become deadly without “Aqua Vitalis” potions.

Playing on a Nintendo Wii clone does that to you.

Game is ass

The good:
the AI will surround you and kick your butt. Melee against more than one opponent is tough.
If you shoot a bow at a group they will rush you. They will call for help. From there, see point 1.

The Bad:
pretty much anything to do with reaction to bows.
AI detection radius is too low.
AI transitions from alert to passive way too soon.

The AI detection radius is way too low. I can clearly see and shoot at them and they are saying “where is he” … and I’m standing in open grass 50 yards away.

The AI reaction to being shot at is often too slow. Might be a performance thing but there is an obvious delay between my first hit and the time that they charge me. I am playing on a 4 year old gaming PC with a 1080 graphics card (upgraded) and an I7 CPU that still performs at a high processing rate, but lacks the number of cores that newer CPUs have.

As noted above, the AI will not scatter and take cover when they are being shot at.

So really the only way I am taking out large groups is shooting them with a bow from horseback or at night. if you try to do it on foot in daylight they will gang rush you and overwhelm you.

Could be better but it’s not all bad by any means.

So I’ve seen both sides of the discussion here and can see both sides. The game has great potential and easily captures interest early on. But has a hard time keeping interest due to the fact roleplaying and combat dont seem to mesh well together. It’s either roleplaying or combat, not a seamless transition of them both. I’ve had glitches…nothing gamebreaking, oh wow…something isnt rendering fast enough or an enemy is acting stupid…is that a reason to shit all over someone’s hard work? Bugs? Ok, I get it, can be frustrating and tedious, but jesus christ if there is anyone to blame for dev’s not having or taking the time to polish games correctly, its ourselves. We demand to have games when WE want them, and we demand that they are not only fun and entertaining but that they capture every reality that we deem important for immersion and overall satisfaction. We force dev’s into a position where they cant focus on the game the way they would like because we are here ready to lynch them if they get one thing wrong or late, games are no longer allowed to have “flaws” these days and as such, we find them in every aspect of them now and it blinds us to the quality of content they do have. Every game has its flaws, let’s do our part in supporting those people that take the time effort and MONEY to create these games and cut them some slack. Not all games are made equally with the same support, income, or technology.

1 Like

60 bucks is nothing compared to the thousands or millions they put up to get it to you. So in retrospect, you got nothing to complain about when you can go and get a refund or trade in.