The AI in this game is putrid, far worse than any game i've seen in a long time

They could’ve added NPC faces from all the Kickstarter donators who made developing the game possible. THAT would’ve made for superior game immersion, functionally added to the NPC face/voice diversity in game, while honoring/recognizing the Kickstarter funders.

Instead, the countryside/map is over saturated with Dark Soul shrines of various sizes (guess size proportional to crowd sourced amount). This was a cool encounter from the first couple of discoveries in the game. But become trivial as game progresses. What makes this worse is the non immersive way in which this feature was tied into an obscure achievement if all shrines are visited in the game. SMH

Since I’m not an achievement gamer, I simply give them a wide berth while galloping past them on the roads. Or just ignore them altogether, if able to spot them from a distance in midst of all that texture pop out…

Yeah, something should be done about being able to cheese with the bow. I had to rely on it and it’s too easy to do. The ai should run up to you quickly and stab you if you try it.

Sorry man but the game is really bad in it’s current state.

Burebista is absolutelly right we paid full price and the game is unfinished has many pretty bad flaws. Doesn’t have many promised features. Bu
t still for many people it is the best game bla bla. Wake up people. I would tolerate this with some early access game but not with this one.

WH has pretty low standards regarding AI or uncompetent programers. Someone should tell them that the suicider AI was cool in Wolfenstein 3D ( W3D is much better game don’t take me wrong).

They would have to invite their backers to their studio to take their faces.

The AI in this game is the worst in any game you’ve seen? Have you never played a Bethesda game? I admit the game has some problems, but the AI isn’t THAT bad. I have seen much, much worse. Like others have said, if you want it to be fixed report it. Don’t like the game? Don’t play it. Buggy games shouldn’t be released, but unfortunately they are. (Just look at all the horrendous buggy alpha/beta games on steam, they are 10x worse than this game and can sometimes have as hefty price tags as AAA games, just like this one.) It’s just how the game industry is right now and probably comes from people’s impatience, they just don’t want to wait as long as it takes for a game to be released and demand it be released ASAP, that means the devs don’t get to finish actually developing the game and buggy messes like this happen. The bugs and AI are something that can be 100% fixed and maybe it will or maybe it won’t be, personally I haven’t had any bad experiences with the AI 20 hours in, most of the time if there’s more than 3 people they surround me and beat the crap out of me until i die.

I love the game but to defend it and say everything is fine with the state it is in is just nonsense. This game should not have been released, there are far to many bugs/glitches and outright broken quests. Plus one quest that I know of that will break the game forcing you to load an older save. I have 150 hours in currently and I agree it is unacceptable to release a product like this. I still love the game but I do not blame people at all for being pissed off for what they were delivered.

i uploaded a similar video today and the A.I is fucking clown tier stupid
it’s really strange though,sometimes they act consistently and others they act like retards

not only the A.I is bad but some quests are literally bugged
like a “bird in hand” i can’t give the birds back
it gets stuck in dialouge and nothing more

repeat after me “WE ARE THE BETA TESTERS”

They could have easily spent another year, or five, trying to get all the bugs, and adding new features, but it had to be released at some point, and what ever that point is, internal testing would not get all the bugs.

If you don’t think it’s worth playing now, then don’t play it. Wait for a sale. Problem solved.

There are mods that increase the aggressiveness of AI, and modify damage. WH themselves will continue to add new things, and fix others. I think it’s better to release it than not. Plenty of people want to play it, even in this state. If you’re not one of them, wait.

Not only will you have a better experience by waiting, the game will be cheaper, and hardware will advance to the point of offering performance improvements. Win and win.

I’m playing the game regardless as I have already put a ton of time into it. I’m sure they needed money or whatever their reason for releasing it as is. If they had delayed it 6 months or so they could have easily fixed all their broken quests and polished the ai… Hell if you know your game has this many bugs they should have had their backers be beta testers for the final product. but the way the game is right now feels like a beta. When you have quests that cannot be resolved and break the game and cannot have a patch to fix it the same day then there is a problem. All I see on these forums are people going back and forth either defending it to the death or hating it to death. I love the game but I do not approve of them releasing the game like it is. And that’s all i’ve got to say about that.

Agreed, but they haven’t updated the beta in years. They “don’t have time” but of course they do have time to show every single game journalist a different build.

GTA V on PC was delayed by years. It constantly crashed on release and had several game breaking bugs that made the main missions unplayable because it would crash 100% of the time when you switched characters.

The problem is that letting loose a million people from the general public onto a game will always find more on the first day than a developer will find in house in a year.

They announced a release date, and they stuck to it. They will fix the bugs, and presumably work on the features left out to make the date, as well as solve balance issues.

Again though, if given the choice, I’d prefer they release it, even if it was only to backers, but this kind of release now, patch later, style is the way games are made these days.

Eh either way it’s out. . I’ll be playing it regardless and am definitely looking forward to the patches.

One of the biggest shortcomings of the combat system is the fact that is realistic and tactical, but the player is continuously put into situations where there are 3 - 7 enemies. To compensate, the game seems to try limiting the AI so only 2 are attacking you at any given point in time, which creates this problem.

Granted, this is only my OBSERVATION of what is happening. I like the big epic battles, but I think they would have been better off creating smaller groups of enemies or making those groups far less skilled combatants.

I usually just wait until night and do stealth takedowns of everyone because any combat with more than 2 enemies is not fun or realistic.

dinner n movies arent a hobby. comparing apples to oranges.

What platform are you on?

Are you on PC?

Guys, dont trust crowdfunding to be perfect…

I’ve never expected KCD to go smoothly in the first place, in fact, I would blame them for the hype they’ve been trying to throw out, but I guess their idea is to succeed KCD into the limelight, and they did that.

Actually come to think of it, if they could just divert some of the marketing funds to bug fixing we’re all better for it…

1 Like

They tested and only found out about other bugs after release, because bugs did not happen during their tests.

I find that very hard to believe.

1 Like