The AI in this game is putrid, far worse than any game i've seen in a long time

Isn’t that what Beta is for?

can’t speak to the quality of the beta testers and the rework resulting thereof. but the delta suggests an answer. it’s also consistent with what seems to be a QC/QA function in need of a come to Jesus moment (and/or more/better resourcing) (cf. apparent rendering fustercluck with PS4 pro)

Because calling people cunts is constructive. Aren’t you a big boy.

understand what you said about Rome. it generally mirrors what i said. that’s not the point. there are games set in other locales eg 3 Kingdom China without non-Han Chinese (including ‘black’ Africans) and medieval Japan without Ainu. over the same issue, those games haven’t received a fraction of the diversity blow back as KCD and Vavra. i posit that is in part due to gamergate and other unpopular views expressed by Vavra and/or others at KCD

I’m calling you out for what you are. You should be kicked from this forum

Why they excluded children? Because animation system is bad, it hardly works and they made it terribly complicated. You can see lot of limitations. Make next set of animations, models… I would prefer functional quests and working AI instead of stupid kids. In ideal case :slight_smile:

i’d like to see kids when they can incorporate them into the game more than the butterflies that dot the landscape

what AI - its non existant … i could probably have simulated a better AI with hard scripting - on a zx spectrum … its a joke …

In fact, it is an extensive system with poor results for some reason :slight_smile: Btw. guy who made it is now in CD Projekt (Witcher).

So…now does that mean the game is too hard? Or has this encounter left you an unconvinced cynic in the blow hard “game is too #$%@&!@! easy” camp? :rofl:

edit: WTF is it with the broken functionality of these forums FFS? You can’t scroll to the top of the page without getting bumped downwards? Then there is the poor punctuation. My eyes are bleeding from the all CAPS type when characters are typed in normal lower case. Just like this sentence minus the f@cking “J”. Oh Jeezus. There it is again. Those damned backward quotation marks are driving me bat shite insane…

site admin: Pleaseee do a more professional job implementing Google web fonts or typekit on this site. Typing in all caps in lower case is poor grammar. Using a standard sans serf font type (like Arial) is highly recommended as well…

All of these problems ur having i havent had which is weird. I have 26 hours in this game and its been very good so far for me.

I try to make Hal go blind reading at midnight when it’s pitch black on the privy with no night vision. And he can’t even read yet.

There. Almost topped that. Almost. :rofl:

ps: why is it there only seems to be 1 literate clergyman in the entire game? Someone mentioned this on the forum somewhere. Seems the only way my boy Hal will rise above his illiteracy, is by finding and tolerating this corpulent priest. Apparently his wonderfully sunny disposition transcends that of that executioner hal charmed the miller’s ring from.

So In Skyrim when 2 npcs are talking and you arrow one to the head and he slumps, the other npc gets up and asks" Is someome there?" Looks around then sits right down next to the other dead npc and says"Must be the wind", and just sits there in silence next to a dead body. Is that the stellar AI I should expect compared to KCD.

Yeah, on a good day … and try come within 10 cm of any npc and they will respond like you attacked them or tried to yeah … something worse … Npc will ignore you, forget their manuscript, walk of for no reason or fail your quest if they have a bad day … AI is worse than anything seen before… oh and btw - warhorse will delete this post soon, thats how they handle criticism.

I deleted the game after seeing the patch that they are going to release, there’s nothing that improves the AI pathing or anything close to gameplay in general, taking months to fix a released game and maybe then enjoy it is not my idea how a product should work. Warhorse is on my list to avoid from now on, along with Bethseda and almost every major company out there, getting sick broken products.

It’s ridiculous that I can fire vanilla Gothic 1-2, Morrowind, games made 20 years ago and still work flawlessly without any patches, it’s clear that we lowered our standards and the industry doesn’t give a crap anymore or there aren’t any capable programmers anymore.

3 Likes

Dude, just be patient. If they’re as passionate about fixing/improving their very first game as they were about actually making it in the first place, we’ll be fine and they’ll take care of the issues. It’s just going to take time, the game’s only been out for a week.

Get down from the ledge.

You obviously have never played a Bethesda game lmfao

Are you crazy ? It’s a fully priced game, how an earth are you people able to tolerate these kind of things anymore. ''the game’s only been out for a week" is the sole reason we are this situation right know with every major release. Everyone is churning out their 0.5 version of the game and only by the end of the year you are able to properly enjoy the game.

Such a joke.

2 Likes

You’re obviously jaded to the point of me wondering why you’re still on this forum then.

I’ve played every Bethesda game since Morrowind, and I’ve thoroughly enjoyed them all. Yes, even FO4, despite its flaws.

I think you’re just spoiled.

Spoiled because I want a fully priced product to at least be in a decent state, we are trully reggressing and lowering out standards with every day passing by.

3 Likes