The AI in this game is putrid, far worse than any game i've seen in a long time

Mate I’ll do what I wanna do, I bought and played the game for 48hrs so I’ll air out my experience and warn other people what they are getting for their hard earned cash.

I’ve got my refund, I’m finally in a position where I can put the game behind me but I’m not going without giving it the trashing it deserves. Don’t produce half assed games and sell them at full price when it should never have left its beta. If you ignore the bad decisions glitches and bugs the game itself isn’t all that great still. Quests are nothing more than riding around talking to boring NPCS doing boring shit. It’s not an enjoyable game even at its core because the quests have no creativity. They made out like it wasn’t boring fetch quests but it’s worse, it’s boring ride across country to talk to someone quests. Before anyone says “it’s all about realism maybe it isn’t for you” tell me what the hell is actually realistic about this game. It’s main selling focus was its realism but that has completely failed with the poor scaling, AI and broken unrealistic perks. The AI will never be fixed btw no matter how long you wait because it’s inherent of the cryengine. This game needs a lot more work than your average launch title to a point of calling unfair to release it. If I picked up a car with its engine missing I’d be asking for my money back and warning people about the person who sold it me. Standard business practice that upsetting a customer will cost you several more potential customers via word of mouth.

You lost all credibility when you called me a “wanker” calling names just shows you have no ability to behave your little self.

48 hours for 60 bucks seems like a pretty good deal to me.

I spent more than that taking the lady to the movies this last weekend.

I think the whole evening (dinner, drinks, movies) was all under 5 hours total =)

You bought the game knowing the unresolveable AI limitations of Cryengine?

48 hours played and a refund? That’s just wrong bro. If you spent those 48 diligently and constructively reporting bugs, all credit and a refund due. But “playing” 48h on a product you then get a refund for is either masochistic or disingenuous.

any complex system will break down. you posted a cherry picked video of some bug and then shout down people who tell you their game doesn’t behave like that. i have 70+ hours in the game and have yet to see anything like that. report the bug and include steps for reproducing it.

Probably added night vision because it is actually very hard to see in the dark and it would possibly have been super unrealistic for a thief to carry a candle and…matches (?) around. I use potions to make poisons and mild healing stuff - nothing gimmicky like the bowman and bard shit. :slight_smile:

I’d definitely like to see more recovery time needed for wounds, or the option to fight wounded. I like the idea that the quest should just go on without you - Henry isn’t some pivotal figure in Bohemia so why should Sigismund stop his warring to wait for Henry to act?

A deep wound should sideline Henry for a couple of weeks, which can be skipped quickly, but leaves him with depleted stats via a de-buff that lasts x days. Obviously a crushed bone should put him out for months, but that’s unlikely to be acceptable and wouldn’t fit the narrative very well.

Yeah there’s a well-documented Twitter thing with the game’s creative director Daniel Vavra talking about there being no people of colour in 15th Century Bohemia…

What the heck did I watch? Bug or feature?

Not at all, 48hrs played in total but that’s including hours lost and then having to replay hours worth of the game at a time due to crash outs or reloading to old saves because of game breaking bugs, I had to start the game twice because of ridiculous bugs. It had a lot of time out of me before it finally pushed me over the edge which is testament to my patience. I play a lot of preview titles that I expect to encounter this kind of thing so I’m used to it but they are games sold at half price with strict information regarding there current state of development.

Sony and Microsoft are doing refunds on this game regardless of play time which means they are under a lot of scrutiny for what they put out and the awful communication since the bad launch.

Paying full price for this game and encountering more bugs than I have in preview titles sold at a discounted and fair price is not acceptable. Beyond that the foundations and mechanics of the game are pretty trash as well so overall I found it to be horribly lacking anyway. I felt massively ripped off so I’m glad I got my money back. Everyone’s defending the devs but let’s face it, they are rolling in the money right now, I’m just glad its not my money they are sitting silent on social media with.

By the way these people are defending the game, I’ll say feature.

Some of us are just saying, “my game doesn’t act like that”…it’s just an observation, not a defense.

Maybe it gets crazier deeper in…maybe some bugs are worse on PC vs Console or vice versa…but I can guarantee you just belittling people here on the forums doesn’t improve anything =)

2 Likes

I try to infiltrate camps with no torch. Hard. The NPCs must’ve eaten lots of carrots… I’ve come across raging guard/bandit/Cuman battles on paths in the dead of night. No torches, except mine. On some nights, don’t need a torch to watch the bloodletting. The night time AI for NPCs could use tweaking.

Vavra’s position is pretty clear. And, at a simplified level isn’t wrong. Slave trade of Africans to Europe didn’t get started (per some) until 1440. Rome and its empire had people of color, but mostly rural Bohemia wasn’t cosmopolitan (Rome). That said, if there were sub-Saharan people in ancient China (there were from artifacts of the time), there probably some in Bohemia. So, do people make a stink about not enough non-Han Chinese in Three Kingdom games? No. Not sure why medieval Bohemia should be treated differently (other than not liking Vavra’s politics and worldview)

My point wasn’t about that. It was more about a more fundamental lack of diversity in faces and body types, not just non-white. WH went somewhat cheap on facial and body type assets.

I’m also reasonably defending, but this concerns me. It was present in beta, okay. They improved AI, in other videos worked well. But I see bows are something that is better against all weapons now in more videos. I’m waiting for more bug fixes, but I won’t tolerate such AI as shown here. No bow overpowered. I plan to play archer… Moreover, I read review you become too powerful when getting on level 20 while developers claimed Henry to be still weak by the end…

Yes, weapon balancing/leveling has been reported on different forums by different people. It’s a fundamental problem and it’s more important even than the AI hesitation of the NPCs

And people complained about missing reticle for bow. Super overpowered bow… No thanks.

So, you bought the game knowing it had an AI conflict that you wouldn’t be able to accept and soldiered on anyhow for 48h.

Cuman shot my horses dead with one shot. When Henry levels up, you can do the same to them. Question is how long will users remain patient as WH tries to rebalance

Not even close, Henry becomes Terminator almost at early mid game and you can be God on both melee and archery, it’s like they never thought people will fight in this game, more like sight seeing the AI daily routine and ocasional fighting here and there.

I didn’t test it myself. While combat might be faster if they introduced hardcore difficulty. But first of all, Henry is not supposed to be kicking ass especially when outnumbered. While I saw when more enemies, they usually come one by one if they were further and the other is Legolas.

Documented finds of African people on the Roman frontiers and it’s extremely unlikely that rural Bohemia would have been completely devoid of any ethnicity other than white.

In any case, the lack of diversity in the NPCs is puzzling as there are tons of ways of adding more models.

I don’t understand why they excluded children when there’s a PEGI 18 rating anyway. Someone will mod in children and make YT videos of slaughtering them. C’est la vie/mort.

wonder if WH thought the save and combat mechanics were so hard that they thought players would avoid the aggro stype or they thought players would struggle to succeed. and so, WH added the perks to nerf the game not realizing that some good players are going to master the mechanics and turn into medieval terminators.