The AI in this game is putrid, far worse than any game i've seen in a long time

I don’t get this one. Why should NPCs get invisible armour? Because the AI sucks so much they don’t know how to dodge and use cover? Imagine the frustration knowing that you have to hit an NPC 20x before they will take any damage.

No - I think he was pumped with adrenaline and wouldn’t have noticed it much unless it shattered the bone and impeded his ability to grip the saddle and/or use the stirrups. Just because there is no backstory negating any horse riding experience doesn’t mean he was a total novice. Had he been one, he would have struggled to even mount the horse (i.e. you have to hold the reins with a small amount of tension on the bit to prevent the horse from taking off). Let alone a horse that is not war trained and would have been immensely skittish with all the screaming and mayhem around.

Yeah, I’m with you on that - the best, quickest solution is to scale or nerf some things which I imagine can be modded. I don’t see anyone rewriting the AI anytime in the foreseeable future. If I recall correctly Skyrim even took till maybe last year when an AI rework came about.

Yup … no doubt, we are on a forum of PC zealots that think they are entitled to everything.

I wonder why developers even bother to make games, players are just ungrateful manchilds bitching every time something doesn’t go their way.

Pretty sure all the whiners have a pirated version as well …

2 Likes

With all the back and forth crying, you’re right no one has said that it doesn’t need work. Which is why I was trying to figure out if the ultimate defense team was blind to the issue or not.

Also, I hated FO4 and couldn’t care less about what awards it won. Same goes for any game.

Another possible alternative is for WH to open its doors to the modding community. Given their official pro mod position on this game, the logical step would be to draw on the resources of the modding community. e.g. collaborating with the many gifted modders at nexus mods. Because it’s mind blowing to think the professional DLC scope game play enhancement mods the likes of Project Brazil (Fallout NV), Project Nevada (Fallout NV/FO3), Beyond Skyrim, Tale of Two Wastelands (FO3/NV), SkyOblivion, Skywind etc etc. all started as a hobby collaboration from dedicated fan boys who love their game franchise. The talent and professionalism already exists in the system. It’s up to WH to simply tap it.

If WH were to employ/collaborate with a team of fan base modders the likes of Artmoor (to address & resolve base game bug fixes), or a Project Nevada/Skyrim Chesko (to improve immersion and game play mechanics etc) they wouldn’t be under the state of siege they’re being bombarded by. They would also have a better means of addressing fan base concerns about the game performance.

Yeah let’s go over to the PS4 and Xbox forums and see just how mature THEY are.

1 Like

The only thing that bothers me with this is the fact that you’ve asked for a refund and is still on the forums.

This just makes me believe you went to spread unnecessary shit about the game. Everyone knows it’s buggy and therefore it is as expected. The fact that you asked for a refund means you give the game no chance to fix its bugs and thus it makes no sense for you to be on the forums for any other reason than to shittalk the game.

I’m far from in denial, but you’re clearly some wanker trying to diss a game you didn’t enjoy

What is the ultimate defense team? Seems like a figment if your imagination

I really don’t care if you hated or loved FO4. The AI that drives that huge money maker is at issue. By any objective measure, it’s a successful game. Its AI is part of that. There are aspects of that game’s AI which are demonstrably worse than KCD (eg, automatic gun fire in gunners HQ and NPCs reaction). KCD is far from a finished product but some of the criticism here (incl yours) lacks context and perspective

Yes, they are officially pro-mod…let’s see what happens and what their deal to use Cryengine allows them to do. They were officially pro-realism and yet they gave us night vision potion, stoic wildlife, a world without children or fat people or non-whites or cripples, miraculous sleep-induced wound healing and other dubious gimmicks.

They still - barely - have the benefit of my doubt, though it is waning thin the more the gap between promise and delivery widens.

2 Likes

Not sure why the night vision and healing potions were added to the game other than to service alchemy tech tree. Don’t use them myself which renders alchemy of very limited utility

MrM, what’s your tolerance threshold for healing? An arrow to the thigh (missing the bone or not) isn’t something you can sleep off no matter the quality of Czech beer, bandages and food consumed. So, should Henry have a gimpy left leg for 1-2 game weeks?

Kids? Yeah, odd. Somebody will inevitably try to fight/kill/etc. WH probably wanted to avoid creating a new class of NPCs. Non-whites? They don’t even have a large variety of Czech, German, Cuman, etc faces and body forms. Same guys appear over and over. Not surprised they didn’t add others.

Maybe this can help, a suggestion at for now

It’s a start

I think harder enemies with the “more enemies” mod will probably make things fairly more challenging. At least till some reworks. Honestly I don’t see how hard it could be to just take the perks that are so OP and drop their levels a bit, divide by 2 or 3 or something for balance sake. I’m no modder so what do I know, mods are coming out quick for this game though which is good to see for now.

The damage tables need tweaking esp relative to Henry’s perks (eg blood lust), stats (eg strength) and equipment. I get a novice is a novice but I literally had 5 arrows sticking out of shoulders and neck of Cuman and he was still sprinting and swinging his sabre at me with full force. Contrast with the vid above with all the one shot kills

That video is crazy to me btw…it’s like i’m watching a completely different build of the game.

The AI in my game SWARMS me at camps. They call for their buddies and all come armed to the teeth ready to kill.

Archers hang back and shoot at me while the melee guys move in and always try and flank me so I can’t block both or fight either 1v1…

Are you playing on PC? Any mods? Using the 1.03 patch or no?

Just curious.

I’m also posting in the troll thread.

You are either bad at the game or very slow, because that’s how most of the time AI acts, I don’t know what build you play on but mine is the latest on PC, so that’s that.

The AI needs fixing in some regards and noticed that sometimes they get stuck in animations . If the NPC is on a sit animation, it will take it to stand up and then a noticeable delay in order to start attacking the player.

1 Like

What i’m referencing has nothing to do with personal skill though…promise, no need to be hostile as I was just asking a question for clarification.

On the PS4 I can assure you the AI does not act like the video the OP posted.

I by no means am saying it’s EXCEPTIONAL. I’ve even figured out a few different ways to trap the AI and kite the AI, like most games, it’s still just AI afterall.

I was referencing the way it works at base, just standing in the open…my AI does not attack in single-file like the OP’s does.

I know that some people were playing pre-patch, as well numerous PC mods are available and capable if you’re crafty enough, that’s why I asked if it was PC/Pre-patch etc.

I bet you’re fun at parties. Oh wait, you’re to busy posting on a forum about a game you don’t like or play to even go to any of them.

My mistake.