The AI in this game is putrid, far worse than any game i've seen in a long time

Seems like WH was too optimistic about product quality or WH greatly misjudged the resourcing/burden for system/game change management and user management

They obviously went to gold with a Beta and the day 1 patch is the actual release version.

Forums shouldn’t crash in 2018, period. We don’t know what they spent the kickstarter money and if they can’t afford $500/mo for a proper forum server in the age of the cloud, that’s ridiculous.

502 isn’t a crashed server. annoying as it might be, hit refresh and it eventually comes through

They made the site. They didn’t purchase it from a forum maker. They host their own servers, of course it’s gonna crash. The only thing that matters is if they will fix the 5## crashes.

WH needs to fix it. frustrated users are getting more frustrated because they come here and then have another negative customer experience

Yet another bad decision.

This forum is massively active tbf because of all the issues
People posting, replying and editing something nearly every second, and when it doesnt error imagine how many are pressing retry at the same time but meh i dont know the ins and out of how they work honestly thats my take on it.

502 can be caused by many things, including a crashed server somewhere. In any case, it’s an epic fail to underinvest in a forum, as the Creative Assembly learned.

probably worked fine when product was in dev. go live has happened. time to ungrade

It’s better in the long run, because at any point in time if they made someone else do it, that forum maker would’ve made ads on the forum because of how many people would visit it.

It’ll take time before we get a smooth experience, just like the game.

Meh…there are a gazillion open-source forums out there and if you are not hosting assets it’s not expensive to run. Just look at what you can do with Firebase.

Yikes! I’m out of popcorn for this thread!

Okay so I’ve read a lot of bitching thus far - I mean A LOT. Does anyone wanna throw some solutions on the table?

what we don’t know is how thin the WH margins are/were. i could imagine very thin in which case waiting until post go live would be reasonable. just hope WH doesn’t delay too long

it’s not unheard of for businesses to hold off on new non-essential investments (even if they are more cost effective) until after product rollout

Solutions:

• Get the modding tools out ASAP and subsume the best improvements and fixes into Vanilla.
  • Use your new funds to hire more experienced AI devs a QA team (the game’s main issues)
  • Fire the control freaks (maybe that should be #1)

Mods will salvage this game and in 2-3 years’ time (assuming their Cryengine license is permissive) it will be unrecognisable.

I’m still figuring out if the people defending the game think there is no problem with the AI, or if they are aware of it but are crying because someone used words they don’t like.

Currently, it seems the dev’s priority is working on an auto save solution and quest bugs, which they say the patch will be released in 2 weeks. So after that patch is released we’ll see if hey have any plans to improve the AI.

I would think a customer forum to be absolutely essential. This is where your biggest fans enhance the size of your team by orders of magnitude. Not by pugilistic fanboyism but by helping people who want to like and play the game.

Like I said, it will take a long time to fix the AI, if they will ever do it. Modders have tried to fix Crysis AI and every single one of them complained about the engine not being able to keep up, having Cryengine was the worst mistake they made.

Ok. So by “balanaced” you DO agree Hal should’ve fell off his horse after taking that arrow above the knee? Especially given this appeared to be his first riding lesson—manfully trying to avoid crapping his hose—while fleeing for his life all the way to talberg? :rofl:

Since the devs decided to rubber band the level of difficulty – given Henry’s extent of combat skill gap from tutorial to game – then they should’ve considered adding a single legendary level survival mode of difficulty at minimum.

This would be a DID/Dark Souls survival game dynamic which would hit the player with extreme difficulty at the end of the tutorial. And keep it at that level of difficulty at minimum for the rest of the game. i.e. fighting 2+ opponents should approach the level of insanity as you level beyond say level 10 in combat skills. For example:

It should take Henry some 20+ arrows (making contact on target) to injure NPCs.

Beyond a certain combat level (20+?) they can only begin bleed out if wounded in the chest cavity or facial area.

Limb strikes may cripple them enough to make an NPC kamakazie/blitz Henry (if NPC is a trained fighter like tank/heavy armored knight type). Or turn to flee if more cowardly like bandits or lighter armed NPC like Archer etc.

Limb leg strikes have the ability to cripple NPCs to point they can only limp. Can still defend themselves with melee weaponry. Any arrow strikes to the groin is a high chance of fatal bleed out

Arrow strikes on NPCs fleeing on horseback should have a rolled die chance of knocking the NPC off their mounts. Falling off their mounts adds considerable damage to health

Arrow strikes on a mount’s rear – or striking any part of a horse – should cause the horse mount to rear. Game would roll a die at that point. If probability exceeds a certain threshold, then mount throws NPC/Henry. Subsequent falling damage as before.

You only get to activate this mode one time. i.e. BEFORE that movie length documentary cut scene during the start of the game. And if you turn it off, you lose whatever achievements you get from this survival mode.

On the other hand: NOT selecting a Legendary difficulty survival mode would keep the game at “normal” mode with most safety protocols left on. Basically keep the type of combat warfare ppl are reporting now with some 20+ hours into the game.

In theory, the devs COULD push a patch which fine tunes and improves NPC combat AI. But call this update the “legendary” game mode. That would address the lack of progression in AI combat difficulty that ppl are complaining about here, on steam and on the web.

you’re creating a straw man argument. nobody has said AI doesn’t need work. yes, it needs work. that doesn’t mean it’s putrid/the worst,/etc. again, FO4 has awards and billions in revenue for AI that doesnt react to an automatic gun battle within the same building even after years of mods and patches. have some context and perspective.