The AI in this game is putrid, far worse than any game i've seen in a long time

At least one steam complaint thread

https://steamcommunity.com/app/379430/discussions/0/1700542332339865216/

more complaints from this forum

That still doesn’t show that “a lot of people” are refunding.

Half of those people are probably joking about refunding, and will just go back to the game once bugs are fixed

2 Likes

They don’t even react sometimes, they just stand there and maybe one will yell and start running around in circles, it’s like I’m playing a parody about broken games at time. It’s ridiculous that the game was released in such a deplorable state, it’s clear that they wanted to release the game in a period where there were no other major releases.

Thats a pretty dumb excuse. He has kids to feed so why even pledge for the game in the first place if you cant afford it? You would have let your kids starve if the game was working? Hes talking bs to try get his refund obviously.

It’s ridiculous that the game was released in such a deplorable state

Yes, because only AI in a game matters. You are overreacting kid.

“Look at me! I refunded a game that was kickstarted!”

seems like the pledge had no business making the pledge in the first place

Bud, I really hope WH cust. svc. reps don’t code and that their coders don’t do cust. svc. Their forum is also a joke, crashing all the time with 502 errors, no separate language forums, etc.

They are totally unprepared to play in the big leagues, and I hope modders aren’t disappointed by any Faustian bargains they may have struck to use the Cryengine.

scalability will be WH’s biggest challenge. they’ve made a big time game but have small staff, etc

let’s be honest. gaming giant Bethesda has much greater staffing, resourcing, experience, etc and they still aren’t timely in their responsiveness to bugs, customer feedback. so to expect a small startup to do one better isn’t a credible expectation

It’s a game, the AI represents everything, I’m not playing a game to do mundane task like picking flowers, washing my knickers or sight seeing in the forest, I’m expecting a challenge from time to time, there’s none to have here, so what’s the point of playing?

crashing all the time with 502

It’s because so many imbeciles like OP come to spam “I refunded” that it overloads their servers.

That explains why bigger games that have more sales have the same issue in their forum. Oh wait.

hence this guy is being paid by warhorse to put other’s down, firstly Callaghan every one in this forum has a right to express how they please aslong as its not foul mouthed/hatred/threat’s of violence, secondly only alien’s tell humans they dont have freedom of speech or choice, its what make’s us human, to express our self’s to put across how dissapointed we are that promises made by a gaming company has not been met, if i want to rant i will, and if you dont like it turn to a different bug problem page, no one commands you to sit there and put up with it, so go about your business and leave them alone to express them self’s, FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION IS NOT A CRIME!! YOU DONT LIKE IT THEN CHANGE THE LAW’S!!!

It’s not like those companies fund hundreds of thousands of dollars in order to have a smooth forum experience or anything.

online petition(s) re: FO4 not having PS4 mods comes to mind

Biggest single issue for me: there’s no fear. The AI is so bad that you do not fear anything. Henry never gets scared (or scarred) no matter what, takes arrows and slashes to the face like they’re pesky slaps, and the only thing you get a little concerned about as the Player is whether a clairvoyant guard will spot you crouched in a dark corner when NPC bandits can’t spot you in broad daylight on a horse with your drawn bow pointed at their expressionless face from 10 feet away.

My review on this game is balanced. It does a lot of things well, average and poorly, almost in equal measure. It doesn’t matter that WH is a small studio. What matters is the degree to which modding will be supported. They built the combat system separate from the world and separate from the quest and tried to bolt them together. The result is quite obviously commendable but insufficient. And it’s perhaps because of its promise that its flaws are so frustrating.

And apparently posting baseless claims.

Now the choice of engine i can agree with. Stacking the updates on my ps4 making me to delete other games. Now that was annoying. Maybe cryengine would be better suited to a more linear game?

take it he gets paid by warhorse putting others down,
hello alien nice to meet your on earth on this planet we humans have the right to freedom of speech/love/choices/die/live/read/drink/walk/talk/write/draw/drive/breath/feel angry/be dissapointed/be happy/cry/ so as your on this human forum you must follow the rules,
rule 1,
if you dont like it dont read it!
rule 2,
respect we humans have freedom of expression,
rule 3, if you dont like rules 1 and 2 sod of earth and marry a slugodemobagpuss!

Not sure what your point it. Any half-decent sysadmin can run a forum for a million simultaneous users for $500 a month. It’s not like they’re hosting mod files and images. C’mon, they just were not prepared to support this launch.

Except Triple AAA companies like EA fund so much money into their forums, but even those forums get downtime and crashes too.

WarHorse spent most of their kickstart money on the new office / game, and couldn’t afford better servers.

They’ll probably update the forum / servers once they feel it needs it which should be now.