The AI in this game is putrid, far worse than any game i've seen in a long time

It’s the worst AI I’ve had the pleasure of trying to play around in this generation of gaming and all the fan boys defending it arent helping anything.

It’s fanboys that gave birth to loot boxes constantly defending devs putting less and less content into games.

The more the community accepts half finished games the more devs will throw this kinda crap up on shelves for full price.

4 Likes

What sitting here relaxing with some pointless tv on and wasting a bit time on here at night? What about the rest of you with lives? Sitting here harrassing the game to death on forums? See the comparison there lmao

me; “a nonactionable diatribe” --you: "you don’t even realize diatribe is a noun " ? you do realize it’s used as a noun. the indefinite article (a) and the adjective (nonactionable) was the clue. saving face? you totally misjudge my thoughts and feelings. you need to check yourself

bugs? some things are by design (lockpick, saving, combat mechanics). those might be bugs to you. but they appear to behave as WH intended. Vavra has already said changes are coming.

rendering? yeah, that’s a problem. doesn’t affect me (PS4 user) but it certainly impacts others (eg PS4 pro users). it’s indicative of a QC/QA function that isn’t as tight as it needs to be. i’ve said that elsewhere.

you complain without providing actionable information. how many bugs is too many? not as an ideal but as a practical matter

regarding bugs and treatment of customers, i tweeted Tobi a few days before release that ‘if it isn’t buggy, the game will be its own best PR.’ Tobi liked it. point? it shows that WH understands the impact of bugs. And, Daniel Vavra tweeted shortly after release that changes are being made shows that WH is listening. beyond that, patience. it applies no less to WH products than Bethesda ones

Fanboys gave birth to lootboxes haha I love how people make such statements. I have you know i never buy lootboxes it has been the new generation of kids and youtubers buying box after box making videos about it then other kids think its cool and buy them hoping to win the lottery and get that rare yellow diamond bs skin. This has nothing to do with lack of content. Its about the bugs and crashes. And ive done nothing but point out venting anger and frustration out here daily isnt going to help you or anyone else. The developers know its been a shtstorm. People are getting refunds. So stop complaining

True, blind rabid fanboysm seem to ruin every piece of entertainment these days, from movies to games, we are allowing people to get away with millions of dollars while they bring nothing but crumbs at table, it’s a sad state events, that at one point will crash the whole industry and they trully deserve it. If you arent capable to create something decent you shouldn’t venture into doing it, start with something small and work your way up.

3 Likes

The industry does deserve it i completely agree but that aint happening anytime soon so why preach about it here. Go make a website, start a movement on this subject if you feel so strongly about it and get people behind you. Coming here isnt going to solve it. The point im trying to make.

I’m here because I kickstarted and I thought it would be a decent project, but it trully feel worse than anything ive played in the last couple of years. They should have started with a smaller and more linear project, instead they went for an ambitious project and neglected almost everything about it beside cutscenes, if I wanted to see so many cutscenes I would watch a movie.

1 Like

Boo hoo. Go complain about the AI on the subreddit, if you want to do something that will actually help devs, report bugs.

No one cares that one person refunded the game.

It’s a lot more than just one person buddy. There’s been a wave of refunds today.

Does anyone want to mention the fact that in the first video posted, the player takes at least 5 arrows and loses only a small amount of health with each shot. A Cuman Captain slashes his grip hand on his bow while fully deawn and not so much as a flinch?

This isn’t just about not triggering NPC reactions (I would reject “putrid|” in favour of “frequently glitchy”) - it also calls into question how they have implemented damage modelling.

I don’t think it’s fair to universally pan the game for its bugs - I think everyone knows by now they released it because they had to get it out and generate some revenue - however it’s also unrealistic to expect people to experience glitches and not vent their frustration on an official forum. Yes that may dissuade some people from buying the game, however WH should have a lot more Customer Service reps on here acknowledging issues so people feel they are being heard.

Please show the statistics for that.

‘blind radib fanboy’ doesn’t apply here. WH is too small and has no other product other than this.

the AI needs work. but, there are other things of a higher priority. weapon balancing is a bigger problem. bandits who took good damage early on now drop like ragdolls. Cuman who are arrow sponges to low weapon, low stats Henry drop with one shot with blood perk, etc.

The one thing is you’ll never please everyone. I personally like the cutscenes its like an interactive movie until the action starts. Some people will like it and some wont. But this is why i dont do kickstarter, yes you help fund the said project but it wont mean its turns out the way you thought. This is the downfall of kickstarter and you cant refund such a thing can you? Those are the risks

yes, the damage modelling is more problematic. if a low level Henry (with stats and equipment) gets hit like that early on, he’s a dead

Loved the Benny Hill theme in that vid. It was perfect.

But fear not. Either the devs (with patch update) or the gifted pool of mod talent at Nexus mods, will soon be remedying this inherent TGM vanilla game cheat. :rofl:

This is how vanilla Skyrim started out. Before Legendary difficulty was added. Or before modding came online with a descent into purgatory realism. Particularly from mods like Chesko’s Frostfall/Campfire, CWO, Wet n Cold, Winter Is Coming, Immersive Patrols, Population Skyrim Hell Edition, Battlefield Injuries/First Aid, RND/IMCN, Hunterborn/RWS/Animallica, OBIS, Better Dragons etc etc. came out. The tons of food mods and overhauls like CACO etc.

If you had all of those mods on legendary difficulty, your PC was likely to spend a good week constantly bleeding, infected and/or dying by doing the Bleak falls Barrow tutorial dungeon crawl at start of the game. :rofl:

They have more communication than most well known developers though and even then its still more important to fix the bugs. That should be priority which will stop the complaining quicker in the long run. Trying to say sorry to every individual on here, which is a lot people, shouldnt come first and will only slow down progress.

What are people even defending? Do you think the AI needs work, yes or no?

All this bickering back and forth and you’ve all lost sight of the topic, you’re just now picking at someone’s choice of words and it makes me think you want to avoid the discussion about the AI.

the AI needs rework but it’s not putrid, not the worst, etc. it’s not even the biggest problem evident in the vid. that shows a multifaceted lack of awareness

the AI lag is the gap between when the NPC become aware of Henry’s presence but doesn’t act. among the 1st 3 Cuman. the first one acted well enough. the other 2 ‘got stuck’ for a moment. their advantage was lost, etc.

no, using hyperbole is to lose sight of the topic. the topic is to improve the game. hyperbole does none of that.

Dude, even he got off topic and started to brag about refunding the game. If he stayed on topic, he would’ve reported this shit to the devs and not ranted.

The enemy camps need to go into an alerted mode once attacked. They shouldn’t be going back to sleep immediately after their buddy takes an arrow to the face. The leashing mechanics are wonky as well as once an NPC is leashed and returning to his natural position he’ll sometimes become unresponsive to attacks and even just stand there.