The AI in this game is putrid, far worse than any game i've seen in a long time

So you enjoy watching the peasants doing their daily routine rather than have a competent AI in combat? You are more impressed by the fluff stuff rather than playing the actual game? Go outside and watch people work, pick flowers and sight seeing, trust me you’ll be pretty impresed by the AI. Jesus christ i’m losing faith in the entertainment indutry by the day.

2 Likes

“Every single side quest I tried to complete was met with some kind of bug”

Clearly an exaggeration, if every quest was bugged no one would be playing this game any longer until it was fixed

“attacking you for nothing at all… even my horse randomly dying.”

I’ve not had a single npc attacked me for nothing and my horse has never randomly died, so I think this is more on you than on the game

“I had a full refund from Microsoft after 48hrs of play because the game has completely cornered me into needing to start the whole game again because of key NPCS missing etc.”

Nice how you decided to stay on the forum just to talk shit because you clearly played the game poorly and asked for a refund.

2 Likes

What’s broken English got to do with anything? For one i am English typing on a phone which might cause crappy auto corrects but those who are not English, do they have any less reason to complain if they are having a bad experience?

I think you need to wake up and realise not everyone is loving the game at all. There’s 40% fanboys trying to make out it’s the best game ever and then 60% of people are really annoyed at how unfinished the game is.

People are over exaggerating. Yes I am a huge fan of the style of this game and the game in general. But I come across fairly few bugs with about 120 hours. How can I be this lucky? Sure there are some minor ones, but its nothing worth complaining about. I’d only like to complain about things that I didn’t enjoy like the monastery main quest.

40:60 is probably wrong. Most people come to the forums specifically to complain. Generally if a user has not much to complain about then they don’t feel any reason or purpose to join the forum.

ALSO, for the love of god. This isn’t Ubisoft, EA, Bethesda, or Blizzard. This company at a very tight budget and most of it came from its backers. Expect bugs. Give them positive credit that they deserve.

2 Likes

And this occurs most of the time, the AI is just not capable in any way , it’s worse than any bethseda crappy game by far. This shouldn’t be tolerable in this day and age.

4 Likes

That’s the biggest load of denial I’ve heard. No I didn’t play the game poorly at all. In fact I never got killed in the game, I was rich with most the best equipment etc. The game is really bugged up right now. I recorded the bugs via DVR like one of the old knights ( forgot his name ) randomly just starting to attack me for absolutely nothing and when reloading it multiple times the result was different without any input from me. Some reloads he would attack and some he wouldn’t and i didn’t do anything different… it’s completely borked.

Start of the talmberg horse race, it announced I failed the race before the announcer had even said go which was hilarious. He was starting the race but the quest had already failed and the horse randomly just died on the spot…

Then captain Bernard walked off into the distance beyond the boundry of the game matching away never to return so I couldn’t learn master strikes and then later I was told to get a key from him and he basically no longer existed in the game so I couldn’t progress until I levelled up my lockpicking enough to even be allowed to open very hard locks. By the way I found lock picking easy when everyone else was struggling so I’m not that bad at it.

Multiple endless loads resulting in dashboards.

Multiple bandit camps where I attacked without any issue because they didn’t even fight back.

Got ambushed on the road for them to submit before I even got my sword out.

Stealth doesn’t work. It either doesn’t work at all not matter what you do or they don’t spot you at all no matter what you do. I went around a whole game choking people out in front of each other and no one did anything.

I could go on forever but what’s the point when I’m basically being told that it didn’t happen by fanboys in denial?

2 Likes

Between the plain clothed guy in the first video @ 2:33 circling you until he accidentally got shot in the head, and the ninja kick video, I laughed till I cried.

At that point I was laughing my ass off and I couldn’t even concetrate anymore, one of the most ‘‘enjoyable’’ part of the game.

Yep, very complex.

I ran into bandits trying to rob traders on the road. I killed the bandits, and the traders continued on their way. I became appalled that the traders didn’t even thank me for my efforts, so I decided to slaughter them also. I shot one with an arrow, they kept walking. I punched another one, they kept walking. I brutally murdered one with an axe, THEY KEPT WALKING.

I was clearing out a bandit camp – of the 4 bandits, 2 engaged me, 1 stayed sitting at the campfire, and 1 immediately went to sleep. Of the 2 that engaged me, 1 of them shot arrows at his fellow bandit until he died. Then when I went up to that bandit, he just stared at me not doing a damn thing as I pummeled him to death. During all this, the campfire bandit was still at the campfire not even 10 feet away from us, and the sleeping bandit was still sleeping. I went up to the sleeping bandit, right in front of the campfire bandit, and murdered him. Then I turned to murder the campfire bandit, WHO IS STILL SITTING DOWN.

Very complex indeed. You act like AI daily routines is something new and amazing.

2 Likes

They don’t even realise AI daily routines were still a thing 20 years ago in Gothic and the AI was actually more enjoyable and reactive than this putrid bile of puss. It’s ridiculous that we are regressing rather than progressing.

2 Likes

This is a lost cause. After this i’ll let you talk to yourself (all 3 of you), you’ll manage that just fine.
Now, If you want to know more about the Ai of this game and some facts about it -you can watch several videos on Warhorse channel or check the several lectures they had ( you won’t do that, i know and will present some example of why this bug and situation actually disapproves that the Ai system is complex). yes, this game has the same npc rutines as gothi, you are right.

After watching those videos, you’re still convinced that the AI is “complex?”

Fighting the entire forum. That’s constructive.

1 Like

Another one of mine, this was with the worst bow in the game, It’s just so bad, I can’t comprehend how could they release the game in such state, it’s not even Alpha worthy. Look at the AI, it freezes in place, they run away, they yell like retards and run in circle, what the hell is this abomination.

3 Likes

The AI on the forum is worse.

3 Likes

Sorry I can’t be as positive as you to the point where you look like you are paid to derail the discussion. How can you enjoy such a broken mess, you paid up to 60$, aren’t you a little mad that you were promised a ferrari and instead you got a ford pinto?

3 Likes

This is definitely true.

Firstly, your exaggerations are pointless. The worst you’ve seen in a long time. Talk about subjecttivity! Secondly your attitude is “if you’re not with me you’re against me”, and thirdly you immediately started with curses and etc.

YOU are the one derailing the conversation. If you want serious discourse, act like an adult. If you want what you’re getting, act like a kid. Your choice.

And remind Warhorse that they owe me a paycheck or something too. I can use the extra cash, detective.

2 Likes

There’s definitively an AI lag (NPC momentary indecision), but to say ‘worse than anything Bethshity has released so far’ is misleading. Prejorative aside, your assessment of Bethesda isn’t really accurate. for instance, in Fallout 4 you can trigger the 5.56mm automatic turret in the gunners HQ building and not trigger NPC reaction. again, churning out 5.56mm calibre rounds inside (have you ever heard a machine gun fired inside a building?) fails to draw all gunners. similarly, you can light up the lobby like DDay and not get the NPCs on the other side of the building to come. there are other examples. in the vid, the Cuman are reacting to a bow, not numerous 5.56mm/7.62mm/10mm rounds shot inside a building.

The bigger problem evident in the vid isn’t AI; it’s weapons balancing. you have a good number of one shot kills enabled in significant part by the blood rush perk. this isn’t a universal bow combat experience. early on, i shot individual Cuman at least 5 times in head/neck/shoulder (not including the ones that bounced off the mask) and they still soldiered on (5 arrows sticking out of thier bodies). literally shot one in the back (he was chasing an NPC female) 5 times (stuck out of him) and 4 times in legs (mistakenly thought shooting there would stop the pursuit).

I’m starting to believe these people are paid or on the dev team defending this game. It has some of the worst ratings on the Xbox and Playstatiom store, closing in on 2 stars now.