The Amorous Adventures of Bold Sir Hans Capon DLC Hotfix coming soon

Dear fans and supporters,

Development is a process! Over 110 people are working hard at Warhorse Studios to ensure a quality standard in Kingdom Come: Deliverance that we and you are expecting. To ensure this level of content quality we heavily rely on your feedback and try to include as much input from our player base as possible. On Tuesday the 16th, we released the free “Tournament” update and a new DLC, “The Amorous Adventures of Bold Sir Hans Capon." Unfortunately, a bug slipped through our systems which was only visible due to the high number of players that were playing the DLC on various system setups. Under certain circumstances, a bug may render part of the DLC content inaccessible, making the DLC questline seem too short and straightforward. With your help, many bugs were identified and are being fixed as we speak. The associated patch is going to be released as soon as possible to offer the full spectrum of the DLC to every player.

We are deeply sorry for the circumstances and the frustration.

4 Likes

Thank you, and what means “soon”? This patch 1.7 was a quite a mess, more things seems to be broken than before, even performance and FPS are worse. The best Hotfix would be to put game back to version 1.6.2 :smiley:

Thats not possible, this would mean to take back the DLCs as well, we need to fix the bugs and we need to fix them soon. The Hotfix will be available in the matter of a few days. We will release it as soon as it is done, for this reason it is quite difficult to talk about an exact date.

2 Likes

Thank you for letting you know. Just a question though, I don’t see any mention of a fix for the tournament bug where it’s impossible to start the 2nd tournament. Is it being patched as well? Thank you

I know it’s not possible. Previous version just worked better, I hope this one will be alright as well after the patch.

Guys, I love your game. Dont delay, please. Teď jak mi zobák narostl. Hoši, kua, kopněte do vrtule, já chci pařit. :grinning:

Yes, this bug will be fixed as well :slight_smile:

I really hope this will a good improvement. It is a pity to see how good the game while the DLC’s have so far been terrible. Last time the critics on Twitch were dealt with rather poorly. I hope this time a better reaction will happen. Not just for my sake but also for the sake of the reputation of WH. Such terrible DLC reviews probably won’t do much good to the company name.

1 Like

I don’t have the DLC (working my way through the main game) but the issues I have with 1.7 seem to be memory leaks of some kind. After a little while playing the map screen takes a while to load and then shortly after textures fail to load. Then I see T-Poses…

1.6 was fine…

Will it fix Hans wearing no clothes?

2 Likes

Is this a joke? “Quality standard” is something that does not exist in Warhorse. WH can post the same “sorry for bugs announcement” everytime they release any piece of software.

“Development is a process”, “over 110 people are working hard”… are just bullshit words. Your company is not able to deliver bug free software. Bugs in main game are still there even after 8 months after release.

Customers did not pay for your game to be your testers. Even if players are reporting the bugs to you, you are not able to fix them.

I work for company developing ECU for cars. That small boxes that control ABS, cruise control or AC in your car. The process od software testing is really important here. If there is a bug it can cause an accident. You guys from WH should visit us to learn how to test your software.

5 Likes

No offense, but comparison between PC game development vs ECU is pure absurdity.

2 Likes

Btw. there are two more bugs in german voiceover.

1. When you speak to the charlatan in Rattay there is a loud beeeeep as he speaks.

2. When you have to go poaching for the butcher in sasau and speak to him, there’s no sound as he speaks.

I mean I surpassed it now, but just telling you so you may wanna fix it for others who aren’t that far.

1 Like

Graphics and loading time overall are better with 1.7

Also there is no sound from the dice player at the inn between sassau and monestary

Please fix the Charlatan Bugs on new DLC and story mode

1 Like

Did a dice mug always remain seen on the table when it was also being picked up and shaken by opponent?

Or is that new?

Well, I do not think it is an absurdity. Both is testing of software. Let me explain why…

Testing games or PC applications for user perspective is not difficult. You need a guy (tester) and a computer with installed game or software you want to test. Then there are some ways how to test desktop apps and games. You can let user play the game and make him report bugs he will see. Or you can make a scenario for him to test (like go there, open this door, talk to this NPC and select this dialog option). Or you can let him to do the strangest actions he can think of to try to break the game. … and report issues he finds.

In testing ECU software situation is much more difficult. After software is ready for testing you can not to use it in real car! So you need to test it without a car. Ok, now you have to make the ECU think that ECU is instelled in car. You have to make ECU think that car is moving, that other ECUs can comunicate with your tested ECU, your tested ECU needs to read output of sensors in real time… and you have to create all these contidions in the lab. So you need a software model of a car, its sensors and systems behavior to feed the “fake - real” data to ECU during testing. After you do all of that you can begin with testing of ECU software.

For every test you need to have specification of preconditions, test actions and expected results. If the test fails there is a process how to ensure that bug will be fixed and you test again if bug is fixed. And do no think that ECU software is something simple like 20 lines of code that start and shut AC.

So my point was that for testing PC software you need just PC + “one guy” tester without any knowledge about the internal functions of software he tests.

For testing ECU you need lot of people with know-how + special equipment. In most cases in ECU testing you do not have a PC screen with result so you need to evaulate the results of the test. In PC game you can see the result instantly.

So… my point is to say that WH develop the desktop software and they are not able to test it even if it is not such difficult.

I hope the hotfix comes very soon like tomorrow or wednesday cause on friday i’m riding on a different warhorse :wink: