The archery is a joke

Yes, it does seem VERY easy to aim and kill stuff once you have high strengh and bow skill. OP in fact. Damn, I don’t even get of my horse for most encounters. I just circle the group picking them off from horse back.

Yea, i’ve never had to grind anything with a mortar and pestle in Skyrim

that makes you a casual, because you didn’t realize the hand movement isn’t random. you have to wait for it to settle, due to the requirements of pulling that type of poundage. not noticing patterns and simply calling it random is a sign of a casual, no offense.

1 Like

I’m Main Level 8 on my second playthrough now…Archery level 7 now i guess. I can kill 10 hares with one shot in a row! Definitly not to hard guys…Keep tryin :wink: (playing with xbox Controller)

press ; and write wh_pl_showfirecursor 1
this will show you dot in middle of screen and you will see how your hands move… but you still must count with gravity power and balistic curve of your arows,

If you want hide dot just write in commande line wh_pl_showfirecursor 0
you can look there how archery works (16:20 with yew longbow agains bandits)

1 Like

:rofl: you just suck at it

Get of your high horse with that “not a game for casuals” attitude.

1 Like

This game isn’t for casuals.

1 Like

The OP is complaining about the archery system being too difficult.

Like I said in my first reply, it’s not something you can master at within your first hours of playthrough.

It’s not for casuals.

On my second playthrough I didn’t have much difficulty winning the top archery competition with a skill of 5 in Bow. I don’t think that’s too much to ask from a farm boy with no hunting experience a few weeks earlier.

Many gamers have too little patience, hence the huge success of dumbed down game franchises.

It gets better as your skill improves. From level 0 until level 5 Henry needs vambraces because the string would rip skin off the arm. I know that from experience and it’s completely true. You have to know what you’re doing.

As Henry’s skill improves, the shakiness goes away. Similar to Lockpicking in the game. As Henry’s skill improves, the range for the sweetspot increases so it’s easier to lockpick.

The game is deliberately designed that Henry is bad at everything and as he, and we, gradually improve, the mechanics become easier to do.

Actually, the most frustrating part is lack of crosshairs. And don’t even try to give me “in real life you don’t have any crosshairs” bullshit. Because in real life I don’t look at the world through the TV screen and don’t use gamepad or Keyboard to control my actions

Boo hoo. Cry more about not knowing how to use a 1400s long bow in game.

Just practice and upgrade your perks. For the love of henry.

Are you stupid or what? Kingdom Come is a game and you can’t do anything about it. Bad controls do not mean it’s realistic. Bad controls are just bad controls. In a video game, you don’t have enough awareness to aim without crosshairs with this moron Henry’s crooked arms

Just practice and upgrade your perks. For the love of henry.

CAN YOU FUCKING READ!?

Henry’s shacking is slowed down after you fucking practice. Play the game.

It’s not bad controls. It’s a bad player, a.k.a you.

Lack of crosshair in any shooting simulation is bad, really baaad controls.
There is nothing to “practice”, it’s just guessing game

It’s a realistic RPG game. Not some casual shooter like call of duty.

Crosshairs in any shooting simulation is bad, really baaad controls if it wants to call itself a simulation.

There is no such thing as medieval simulation. Again, for stupid morons: You need crosshairs in a video game unless it is virtual reality simulation. Is KCD a VR game? No, it is not. So crosshairs need to be present on the screen.

You don’t need to answer that, good sir. After “realistic RPG” and “Crosshairs in any shooting simulation is bad” nonsense there is nothing left to talk about

1 Like

You need crosshairs in a video game unless it is virtual reality simulation.

That’s your own opinion. Give me proof that that’s true.

You don’t need to answer that, good sir. After “realistic RPG” and “Crosshairs in any shooting simulation is bad” nonsense there is nothing left to talk about

You mean you have no points to proof correct?

Your entire reply is opinion based. A game like K:CD is trying to simulate the medieval times. So, it will try to simulate the combat to the best of it’s abilities like having no fucking crosshair.

Like many said before, fucking practice and upgrade perks.

Here is your solution, since this community is, for a reason I don’t understand, unwilling to help people (even if it does not hurt them to so).

Go to command via ~
Type: wh_pl_showfirecursor 1
Press enter and voila, you have a crosshair (type it while bow not in hand, or take in back in hand once over).

1 Like