The combat makes me want to kill myself

so when is the 23 story skyscraper going in! :laughing:
you could fill the town coffer enough to last long enough to go on a crusade to Jerusalem!

The church in Pribyslavitz is up on the hill in a way that reminds me of Sugarloaf Mt in Rio de Janeiro. got me thinking… silver skalitz… a huge silver Christ the Redeemer statue but then that’d be a lot of tarnish. Don’t think Theresa and the rest of the residents will want to polish that much. Need a plan b

Think’n put 2 50 cal’. MA2 up in the tower and a 60mm mortar platoon on the church yard. :crazy_face:

How is “The game is inaccessible to many players because of the difficulty, if you add a slider, more people will be able to enjoy the game” not constructive criticism, you cro-magnon?

Oh I was gone because I’ve worked overtime all week with less than 4h sleep in between days. I pretty much passed out earlier and slept for 7h and now I’m still tired. Charity work tends to tire you out :wink:

“to create the UI to enable it takes time and resources”
What? You think adding an option in the menu with a difficulty setting costs so much time and effort that they have decided to just ditch the whole concept? That makes no sense. Of all things, the UI is the easiest to change.

1 Like

Didn’t say they ditched idea/concept. Just think it’s not a high priority for them

Well apparently that’s true. But that’s definitely not because the UI is too much work.

Silver plate that entire church, you magnate, you.

:rofl::laughing:
Save coin and use the amalgam silver… :wink:

1 Like

Perhaps some of the 1.5M can be used for the creation of:
The Lady Stephanie center for dealing with misplaced affections
The Radzig center for taking responsibility for one’s coital conquests
The Peshek center for navigating morally ambiguous decisions
The Vavra center for rehabilitating SJWs
The Capon center for discovering there’s more to life than the bird in your hand

3 Likes

@HughMungus1 and @frelmedieval thank you for the tipps and suggestions.
I had a chance for a few hours of playing today and got to level up my warfare and some other skills.
Since then encounter on the road were fun just died after a few fights against a whole group of cumans >.<
I could be wrong, but it feels like I got faster, when leveling up the warfare skill.

Thank you, I can enjoy every aspect of the game again!

Glad to be of some assistance

My take on WH is as follows. Other games generally start off from point of view that you learn an attack, you’re proficient with it. So, shoot an arrow and it’s a 100% shot. KCD pushed me to develop. Early shots were never 100%. Struggled to draw and aim. Needed strength and experience. That learning and develops meant took time. That’s one of the best aspects of KCD combat

1 Like

Glad to help mate, as frelmedieval said KCD is about practicing your skills to become more proficient. You start off as a ‘no clue’ blacksmith’s son and WORK your way up to being a great swordsman/archer.
Keep at it and you won’t regret it.

1 Like

If you find the cumens fighting bandits/guards or gurards fighting bandits, hide in the undergrowth of the forest or a bush and take pot shots with your bow, they are usually too busy fighting each other to notice you and you can thin them out nicely.
Then when there is only one to three of them you can think of taking them on, if there is three I recommend shooting with bow from hidden and trying to take at least one out, but you have to shoot and move don’t stay in the same postition. Then take out your sword and enjoy the fight! :slight_smile:

1 Like

yaaaay, worked like a charm! This was awesome! :smiley:

I figured, I had a pretty decent sword skill (about 15 I think), but this wasn’t of much use since my warfare skill was at 12 or so…
could that be?

No, it’s more likely they are just better armored or slightly higher level and so more difficult, especially if they have shields. If it’s tough just try to kill most of them with the bow then injure the last one or two so they aren’t at full health when you engage them.

Better armored means use bailiff mace or ceremonial mace, and of course poisoned with bane( preferably the modded one).
Even back then when plate became more common maces and war hammers were the answer.

1 Like

Oh really … not that, but creating grades of difficulty, especially a slider, increase the work enormously or massively. You can have three options or a slider. If you have Three Options like Easy, Medium, Hard and oh yeah maybe for the mainstream kids, a deliverance diffcult (Cant describe how much i hate these extra special hardcore difficults with game name in it) all items need a rework of all vaules in the game.
And a Slider needs a rework of hundread times. Each for One Percent.
So maybe in the future as update feature or as a modifcation for PC.

But I am against it because it will make more problems and mistakes as you can imagine
And if you wrote them your opinion and suggestions via mail, fine. You will see what happen and if it will arrive with a patch or dlc. But writing dozens of comments and doing here a War of Opinions wont force WH to that decision.

reagrds

Sliders sound nice. A tree of 3 sounds nice. But it all has to reconcile. On a game that has yet to reconcile play elements.

Just took back Talmberg. The pre-attack dialog choices are still there for Divish, and Talmberg archers are still sneaking around in the outer bailey. :man_facepalming:

I hope WH does implement 3 levels of difficulty but after cleaning up a still dirty game.