The combat makes me want to kill myself

I totally get what Saylor is saying, unlike other games you don´t have areas where you can go and “train” on easy opponents or try out your new sword or whatever, instead you have to go and train with Bernard or Robard. Unlike other games the bandits or cumans do not respawn and so you just have one shot at every camp and encounter. I don´t know how many times my controller landed on the couch because I was so frustrated with the game.
Well, I for myself did get the hang of it and don´t have any problems, but spawning new bandits/Cumans would be nice for practicing matters(maybe without the looting) :slight_smile: .

1 Like

The camps do eventually respawn but I’m not sure how often. I know that pribyslavitz or whatever doesn’t respawn after the baptism of fire quest though.

They’re respawning in 1 or 2 in-game days. But, it’s fine count, cus the time you’re going to move between them, heal yourself and routine is enough to respawn for them in those camps.

Ok… I went there frequently, just alone to get the chests, which I ignored the first time. But I didn´t meet any new bandits.

Ahh, come on. You shitsling your opinion around this thread as if it is the word of god. And now you complain because noone will sing your song with you? How entitled are you. Go install a “Trainer” and then go on and do a playthrough in 5 hours.

Honestly, I’m up to the point in the main story where you have to infiltrate the monastery, and my sword skill is max out at 20. I’ll do some hunting to get the coin to pay for the mastery training. Meanwhile I started training with Bernard with the axe, mace, and polearm. You can practice with wooden weapons and still level up. Also, during the training, I got an even better handle at reposite and countering. Just take the time to (get up early in the morning) and spend the day practicing with wooden weapons. You’ll level the weapon skill and your defence and warfare skill. Wooden weapons gives you unlimited time with Bernard, and you won’t take any physical damage. It’s the best way to train

1 Like

You need to have more patience, this isnt skyrim and when i started off I was being killed constantly even with decent armor. You need to realize there are priorities you need to focus on.

1. defense, make sure you are using a weapon with some sort of defense and not merely offense, make sure you are repairing your weapons. Dont use a long sword with a shield, if you must, use a short sword in combination of a shield and circle your opponents on the defensive and learn countering. You cannot take on multiple opponents and win, this is critical. Also focus on the type of weapon you have and who you are attacking. Swinging around a sword on armored opponents is not going to affect them as much as a stab. For full armor opponents, a mace or axe is better.

2. make money and buy decent equipment, go hunting and sell the rabbits and deer meat and buy equipment you can utilize.

3. use the training with the captain, it will level you up.

see my video how I do combat and it becomes easier.

I would LOVE to see a slider only because when you get good at it and understand the system, there should be a higher difficulty or 2 or 3 for the next runthrough/playthrough.

Also, I absolutely LOVE the way they did things with the beginning tutorial. When I was going through it I thought “wow, this is going to be great… it won’t be so bad” and then got essentially massacred. I felt like henry. I was excited but knew nothing. I didn’t even know what I didn’t know. Then when I got a real tutorial I was like, “ok, whew, still hard, but now I understand more” and I was starting to actually understand… there’s great growth in skills and understanding, and I’ll be honest, it’s pretty rewarding. That said, it would be amazing to have a slider for combat difficulty… and additionally…block difficulty… block speed/block window… enemy difficult… enemy health…

I think the the enemy health would be easy-ish to implement, just as you move the slider, enemies get more overall health. with block difficulty perhaps just more/less blocks get through, etc, upping/lowering percentage…

I know, easier said than done, but things like this really make replay-ability better as everyone has completely different reflexes and skill levels.

Agree, I just wish the leveling took longer.

1 Like

I don’t understand why people complain about the enemys perfect blocks… If you keep throwing slashes from different directions and mix in stabs they start to break through. Except Bernard that guy’s a freak.

1 Like

Completely agree, not only the combat the lock picking with never having lock picks and the pick pocketing are only way I can figure out to make money and I can’t do either worth a piss. I’m at the mill wanting to practice but w/o lockpicks. I did it once with Pasick (sp?) but only had 4 lockpicks.

SERIOUSLY?!
the game is batshit easy and people want to make it easier

when you can literally two shot a mid-game boss do you ask yourself (is this game even trying to kill me?)

3 Likes

Raise your Warefare perk, It raises the chance of them NOT blocking your strikes… Trust me, I felt the same way before. It gets better!

1 Like

I can stop Bernard, Not every time but I done it multiple times. But when I use Polearms… He has zero chance. I hope they make it into the game. They need to nerf the damage tho. Because stabs are easy to get using them and two stabs will make Bernard quit.

I posted that awhile ago… Bernards nothing to me now… the combat is now muscle memory for me. After 260 hours it’s bound to happen. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I got where I can time almost all of his Attacks with a parry, still trying to perfect it with the parry attack though. And I use the Longsword. Im a Stealth Thief, Should I be using a short Sword instead of a Long Sword while fighting melee?

I’d use a shortsword… Simply because once you get 10 strength longswords become crazy overpowered. But either one is fine with the game in it’s current state. They really need to balance the combat.

1 Like

Your not trying hard enough there isnt anythign wrong with the combat. The problem your having is this isnt a hack and slash. Like in real life it takes talent and dedication to do sword play.

1 Like

Agreed and Bow needs perks

1 Like

Yeah would be nice to have bow perks,. But I like how the aiming is with the bow. I’ve made some pretty far shots on fleeing enemies. It was pure luck but very satisfying.

1 Like