The combat makes me want to kill myself

Better enemies will more likely block and riposte than normals…

Also, your warfare skill matches up to your enemies warfare skill and if theirs is higher than yours they will have faster strikes and block better than you.

You need to learn to use feints to throw enemies off, attack in opposite zones of where the enemy guard is, and learn patience.

Practice combos with Bernard, combos are invaluable vs enemies that block often because they allow you to penetrate their defenses.

1 Like

Saylor, why don’t you just take a play session to practice your combat? At least that will help you to get better, and your character might get some skill points out of it.

Also, can’t you talk your way out of a lot of the fighting?

With melee fighting, just hide behind your friends and sneak in attacks here and there.

The combat system is fantastic, I have 20 plus years invested in martial arts in real life I’ve trained in over 5 different disciplines, made Dan grade/black belt in two of them and won various awards, this combat system is closer to real martial art sparring than any other game, I have ever played, of course your opponents react to what you do that’s how it is in reality, it’s a game of who can each other out to create an opening and gain an advantage just like real life sparring, thinking, timing and tactics are all involved over button bashing and supper powers, i love it and would be upset if they changed it to suite the more common game approach!

4 Likes

Can anyone else say “entitlement”? Just because you pay money for the product doesn’t mean you get to dictate how it’s played or designed. Every part of your argument is “I” “me” etc. If you don’t like having to practise swordplay to “git gud” you’d be better suited to another game entirely. Sometime’s you make a mistake when you buy a game, it’s not your cup of tea. Fine, but bleating on the devs forum about how “When I pay full price for a game I want to be able to play it and have fun with it” ignores the million or so people who play it, love the mechanics and are willing to make an effort to master it’s elements. You’re not up for that, cool, find another game.

3 Likes

Im a huge Van Damme fan, That fight between Sly and VD was a joke, It should of been much more competitive. I have been asking the EA SPorts Devs to get Van Damme in the UFC game since game UFC 1.

Sound advice. I would love to do combos myself for a bit of fun, but I’ve only ever been able to make them work accidentally. You can still win without them.

The combat needs to be more balanced towards late-game because i just keep one shotting everyone, as for the start of the game just practice with Captain Bernard so and then for about 15 min. The combat is really fun

Reading this makes me realise the combat is great. Jesus compared to skyrim it’s fucking amazing combat system.

Pay attention to stats decide what type of damage you want to do and what type of character to be strong, stealthy,silver tongued train those stats pick relevant perks than have a ball being a 14th century badass of your choosing! Or just whine on forums that windmilling any old how doesn’t work lol

Have to say I feel the OP’s pain. This is a great combat system, but they basically leave you to discover the mechanics through research outside the game. I am level 14 and I can kill anyone as long as I don’t let my stamina deplete more than about half, but I have NO control over combat except slash, stab and block, everything else is a mystery, happens randomly or not at all. And yes I have been through all the training and have all the attacks unlocked.

I don’t die often, but it would be nice to feel in control of my actions.

There are a couple of things I have found frustrating playing the game on the PS4. Sometimes, when you have the bow equipped, pressing the appropriate direction button just does not switch to the sword (even when you have it equipped in the inventory). I either still have the bow equipped or (worse) it switches to bare hands. Very annoying when you have three bandits rushing at you. Similarly, sometimes the sword and helmet are randomly unequipped in the middle of combat.

1 Like

Really tho none of you have any right to bash the other or say get good! Why? Because a difficulty slider could make everybody happy. It can make you try hards who are defending it happy by not touching it and the rest of us can turn it way down. Learning a game should be fun and challenging, learning this game takes the fun away and leaves you feeling rage PURE RAGE! Why are so many of you against a difficulty slider when it would have no effect on your play thru but make it better for the rest of us having issues. You being against it just shows how self centered you all are

1 Like

cos every scrub would turn it to very easy and just blitz thru the game. the art of this game is gitting good and overcoming difficulty. you don’t understand that thats fine. but you should adapt to the ways of the great games which are really rewarding. i didn’t play this game for 1000hrs by blitzing thru everything lol. i want a game to last a while

1 Like

Sometimes I really have to doubt the mental well-being of you kind of people. Do you not realize that a difficulty slider allows you to play the game however you want? Can you not even conceive of a world where different people enjoy games in different ways? Why would you even care if other people want to blitz through the game? How does that affect you? It doesn’t. You’re just so incredibly egocentric and borderline sociopathic that it’s impossible for you to understand that people that aren’t you can think differently than you. Adding a difficulty slider literally does nothing but make the game more enjoyable for more people. How anyone can be opposed to that is beyond me.

3 Likes

Sounds like the gaming sharia, sorry.
Mabe it has to do with a lack of self control of some “elite hardcore players” so they have to be forced to play a certain way.

1 Like

You’re new here? There’s no doubt about Kirksty’s mental well-being.
It ain’t good.:laughing:

2 Likes

sure, why not just allow people to just cheat and use wallhacks and a walkthrough etc. not get any gratification from the game the way the devs would want it.

yes i have autism. that’s ok to joke about now?

Yes why not? Why do you give a shit? Honestly? How does it affect you if other people play the game differently in their own homes? And yes, everything is okay to joke about. If that also offends you, the internet is not the place for you.

2 Likes

because i have a mental illness. and i dont think it’s ok to joke about. i will ask the forum mods but i dont think its funny to joke about mental illness.