The combat makes me want to kill myself

If the devs reach more people, they make more money with that money, they can make more games. So what of it, if some people play it on their level of skill?
There will be mod support, so of course there will be cheating.
Does anybody think the devs don’t know that?

1 Like

Well, I work 12 hour days and when I get home I have maybe an hour to play, sometimes 2. I did git gud by now but it was a pain in the ass. I’ve thought about restarting the game to experience some different narrative strands and dialogue but it’s just too much of a pain in the ass without being able to adjust the difficulty. I don’t have the time or patience to sit down and practice swordplay for 5h a day just to be able to play. And the game doesn’t just consist of fighting. People should be able to experience the writing, dialogue, immersive survival mechanics, the stealth and so on without having this huge barrier of having to learn how to fight all over again every time they restart the campaign.

1 Like

But it’s okay to use terms like “superior” for different playstyles and belittle people because of opionions?
get over yourself, you hypocrite!

2 Likes

Why don’t you answer the actual points we’re making instead of whining about one off-hand joke now? Get your head out of your ass, man.

3 Likes

If you don’t like the way the game is done get your money back and don’t play the game or get the [cheat] mod and turn yourself in a gaming god and not experience the intended feel of the game.
Also using cursing and swearing and personal attacks shows poor debate skill.
The combat is based on real world HEMA ( historical European martial arts) fighting.

Sure , I use mods but not to make myself into a W3 Geralt or Skyrim hero on easy setting but just a tad little bit to jump start play since I already been thru the game.
I take the phrase " 'git gud" to heart and try to get better( on a controller on PC).

1 Like

Oh my god. The idiocy in this thread just doesn’t stop.
“If you don’t like the way the game is done get your money back and don’t play the game”
OR I will say what I don’t like and tell the devs how to improve the game in my opinion. This is something people call feedback. Maybe read the google definition, it might shed some light on this foreign concept for you.
“Also using cursing and swearing and personal attacks shows poor debate skill.”
Yeah, that’s bullshit but if it makes you feel any better, feel free to believe that.

Again, a difficulty slider’s ONLY effect is to make the game fun to play for more people. All I see repeated in here again and again and again is people opposing this simple idea because people feel so good about themselves for having mastered combat in a video game that they feel players who think and play differently to them don’t deserve to experience the rest of the game. Absolutely disgusting snobbish elitist shit is what that is and nothing else.

3 Likes

as far as I know, no one wanted a god mode.
I myself was fine until the new patch.
The slider could just do that: Take a step back, so enemies won’t circle you instantly and so on, so the less skilled player, has a chance to react.
I myself don’t use any mods, only to make the HUD silver and not gold, because I want to feel rewarded and cheating won’t give me that.

1 Like

What age are you.

1 Like

Instead of an easy mode slider, just avoid non 1V1 ,train, buy training, get better gear (poisoned ceremonial mace and good skill with it do wonders against plate), perk up, level up be good at stealth attacks/tactics ,get decent at alchemy to make/buy poisons for weapons.
It is what I did. now 1V3 and 1V4 are possible for me

1 Like

Or just add a difficulty slider so people aren’t forced to go through a bunch of shit just to have a good time with the game. You still haven’t told me why adding a slider is a bad thing. Why do you not want more people to experience the game?

don’t need. don’t want an easy mode but see value in it for those lacking the skill or time investment to git gud

1 Like

It’s pretty interesting:
Some people here want to support the dev and game in any way they can.
But in the same moment, they tell people not to buy it or get an refund. Do you really think the devs are happy with giving money back they already spent? Do you really think THIS helps the devs and encouraging them to make more games?
So many people complained about sjw’s and how they want to destroy everything, some people here are nothing better by excluding people, with that same strange mindset!
Some people complained and were afraid of the devs giving in to those “casuals” making the game easier, but you want to be the only ones to get a voice?

I don’t get that way of thinking…

2 Likes

got to agree here. i’ll never be touching no easy mode. but as they are bringing in a hardcore mode. why not add a big whinging piss bag mode. the name is obviously a placeholder.

1 Like

That IS the point of the game to be like a local young man that hasta learn or die thru trial and tribulations. The 1400’s was not exactly like a nanny state like NY or Commifornia.
the game is a story based on the times. not Fantasy were every casual whim is cared for.

You just don’t get it, do you? At this point, every word is wasted.

yup, you don’t

i hear you. and Ancestors Legacy is set during an even more hard scrabble time period and it has a slider. disable trophies for the downslide and the git gud players won’t lose their gaming status/accolades

1 Like

Yeah, I already have a life and live in a world where no one gives a **** about a nobody.
Reallife is hard enough, the only thing that’s been asked for is to get a chance to react in the game…

But whatever, make the game company proud of you, when you tell people not to buy their product. Wow!

1 Like

I’d be hard pressed to find a more pathetic person than a gamer who doesn’t want other gamers with less advanced skill to experience a singleplayer game at their skill level just because of fucking achievements and trophies.

2 Likes

was started as a niche game. for hard core RPG players that wanted more than what Skyrim and W3 offered. along the way people heard about it and got popular calling a “AAA” game