The forum controversy

I see your point, but also from what I understand is the reason the game “Had” to be released was their current investors were demanding a return on their investment. So yes they may have taken in a gross chunk of change but I bet a large portion of that money went to the investors…and now WH is working with what was leftover.

I seriously and fervently hope they make the next part and nothing happens to them beforehand. One suggestion I would make would to place the second game on steam as early access. Granted most of the bugs should be worked out of the first one, but just as an extra measure, they can get more feedback from their player base before FULL release and make sure it is in much better shape, this would also give them more time and resources to perfect the game on console.

It would be helpful to view game production in proper context – it’s a business, not a charity for fans. There are time constraints, fans chasing you, investors chasing you, and most importantly in this case, publishers chasing you to get the game in a playable state for publication as quickly as possible.

Some guys here act like WH (the developers, separate from publishers or investors) deliberately shafted them. Publishers pull most of the strings and are responsible for the time constraints getting the game out the door. George RR Martin and other authors are under the same pressures, and they write books! If you want to point fingers, look at the business side of things.

3 Likes

I might sound stupid now, but where do I go to find qa? :yum:

Jan, Marek, etc try. This game could be worse, far worse. Ever know anyone have a meltdown because of a patch rolled out by MS, Apple, any number of SaaS vendors? I do. And, for them, it’s wasnt about interfering with fun and rec time. It was about people’s and/or corporate financial, etc relations and wellbeing.

1 Like

Nobody says it is charity for fans. Last time I checked charity did not cost 50-60 bucks. That’s kinda the point with charity. And as long as people pay for a product, the publishers AND the devs are responsible for delivering a product worth the price. And if they can’t do that they should delay instead of hype their product. And I doubt that wh tried to stop deepsilver or whatever publisher is called, from releasing.

1 Like

What makes a game ‘worth’ the price?

Fact is nothing gets rolled out that’s free of bugs and design flaws. Nothing. To be meaningful, you need to provide actionable, measurable criteria (‘cause that’s how businesses think) relative to your bottom line (minimal acceptance criteria). Hence, the point of the forum I created for it

1 Like

Polish, in this case. Ideas and story and innovation, fully worth a full price. Presentation, polish and optimization on consoles is not. In MY opinion. Just like nms was absolutely not worth aaa price. If I have a good idea for a blender, but do not have the resources and experience, to make it blend anything else than Bananas, then I should not charge as much and advertise my blender as the same quality as a company that make really good blenders that can cut ice cubes and carrots. Then I should sell my blender at a lower price until I have earned my resources and experience to be able to compete with the bigger more experienced companies. MY opinion.

But this thread was not meant to be a new discussion about stuff like this. It was meant as a explanation as to why this forum is so inflamed atm. In my opinion. :slightly_smiling_face:

In business, you charge what you can get paid, period. Customers paid to tune of over million copies. So, that’s not on the business. What will be on the business is their next product (loyalty purchases) and DLC. If KCD at the end of the day is :poop: to the million plus purchasers, WH will have to lower the price or suffer poor sales volume

2 Likes

Pls post objective or actionable performance goals/expectations in that forum

Sure, you can charge whatever you like. And then deal with the backlash. I think wh would have benefitted from selling the game cheaper and actually market as early access, which I feel it is closer to and with that kind of honesty they would not have so many angry customers. Sound business.

What forum are you talking about? :slightly_smiling_face:

Found your link.
:wink:

Was this supposed to be an unbiased look at the situation? Or just another controversial post? Lol

1 Like

It was very biased actually. And supposed to be. Biased against people who try to silence other people’s issues. And biased towards the people with genuine issues regarding the game. Pointing out who was partly to blame for the “war” on the forums.

Ohhh so its all our fault.

Most of these defending conversations that ive seen were directed toward people attacking the mechanics. Or small performance issues.

Some people have been ridiculous concerning major gamebreaking bugs, however most are just explaining that this isn’t the first game to have bugs and they are trying to fix the bugs.

And ive seen PLENTY of angry individuals on the complaint side being ridiculous and disrespectful

1 Like

Problem being, it was more “partly” biased against those who are loving the game despite the current state of it.

1 Like

Sure. It’s not all your fault. But I have been complaining some about the game as well, always in a decent tone, with a virtual smile towards everyone. But there is a tendency to be flamed and called all sorts of nasty things told to get out and so on.

So yes, blame lies on both side of the fence. But people have the right to be angry and justly so. And even more so when their frustrations a met with name calling and dismissal of their issues.

Then I have come of wrong, I think you refer to the ps4 folk i mentioned. What I wanted to say and also think I did was, that some people, since we are all different are happy regardless of bad fps and bugs, but that its not the same for everyone. I actually like the idea of the game as well, but for me there are far to many problems for it to be enjoyable. And I HOPE it get fixed.

Well, from my perspective, defenders are actually defending the game from those that want it to fail and want to crucify warhorse.

We want more games like this, and i think , in spite of the rough past few weeks, this could be the beginning of a new sub genre.

The way i see it, if a lazy reviewer would come to the forums to review this game and all they saw was negative reviews, they would also write a negative review. Reporters love controversy and those that love the game have just as much right to defend it as those that wish to tear it down

2 Likes