The massive graphic downgrade is real. And here is proof (with screenshot)

Go play the unoptimized beta then.

You clearly are not taking into account that at the time there were less character models and they werent fully detailed, interiors were same, few things going on and the towns were quite simple. All of that had to be taken into account.

1 Like

The price tag should be $30? Man, you gotta lay off the pipe. This game is well worth the asking price.

5 Likes

lol the price people will pay for a cookie cutter assassins creed or farcry game but not a indie game that is fresh…I

2 Likes

Forget it, you’re probably arguing with either a spoiled child or a troll. The more information a developer share the more people will come whining… this stupid screenshot doesn’t show anything substantial and in any case we are a far cry from a “MASSIVE GRAPHIC DOWNGRADE”

Let the peasant be and emjoy this fucking masterpiece that is KC:D… that’s coming from a life-long RPG player who had Morrowind and Fallout 2 installed on evers single machine for the last 15-20 years.

2 Likes

This was the Beta, what is different? looks the same for me.

Oh trust me I’m in love with this game too lol.

ery

Very first Alpha in 2014, you telling me we had a downgrade? If anything, everythings looks better now.

1 Like

Contrast and saturation are not as well balanced, and the LOD changes are more visible. So far we got the better deal with the final game, how surprising :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yep, and it was particles not physics that had to be disabled in first alpha

Wrong, I didn’t buy Skyrim anywhere near launch. I got it on a steep sale on the recomendation of my nephew. I have 2 hours in that game and didn’t care for it. I don’t like 3rd person perspective games so IDK about Witcher. I have 40 hours in this game and I am loving it. That does not have anything to do with the fact that, despite looking absolutely beautiful, KC:D has had a signifigent downgrade from the beta. There is much more foiliage of better quality and the lighting is so much better in the beta. It is patently obvious.

If WH had had the luxury of having enough funds to spend about another year polishing this gem…but alas that it not so.

Already backing off?

You know, there are also people, that dont have a super gaming machine. Im quote Happy that i can even Play it on my Notebook.

Go in the forests.

1 Like

I’m talking about BETA.

This. PC elitists do not understand that a lot of PC players do not have a 1000€ gaming machine but an entry level gaming rig. If PC games were tailored for high-end PC rigs, then they wouldn’t even be playable on most PCs.

1 Like

Screenshots of beta vs. release version (ultra settings) Same place, same time, same weather. The game is great, but it would have been even better with graphics from the beta version.

5 Likes

"the game is highly optimised for console versions "
HAHAHAHA you can’t be serious ? This game looks like absolut Dogsh** on consoles. Hahaha no but it would be nice xD

2 Likes

I didn’t even realize since i played the beta so long ago. Makes me cry a bit :frowning: For me, as long as they support the modding scene as best as they can, they are redeemed. Even without it, we will probably soon have some nice graphics through mods.

Early versions of every game usually have better graphics, but as the game get’s near completion, the game needs to have some components compromissed in order to have optimizations and stability, so textures, view distance, and post processing effects need to be tweaked and usually are lowered.

Maybe we’ll get an HD dlc like a few good other games out there, to pimp more the game, but frankly i don’t think it needs (well, there are a few textures that are really low quality and thay bugs me a bit, but it’s manageble).

The game still looks amasing, as always, people are making a fuzz just because they can (and i’m inside the PC Master Race club, but at least i know some people are just exagerating).

2 Likes