The massive graphic downgrade is real. And here is proof (with screenshot)

Game runs awful on my 1070 too, what’s the deal.

I also have 1070 and i can’t really say it’s bad. I’m easily running very high settings with enjoyable fps. SSD makes a huge difference though.

Yeah if there’s ever a game that benefits so much from SSD it’s this game. Conversations were painfully before, no more slow loading textures which I found really immersion breaking

Idc how pretty it is or isnt… ISNT… im 41.5 hours in unkillable beat the story, have an unlimited fund essentially due to the traders buying one boars drop for 1500g… and yet i cant even turn on the game because i had to rush to finish it before it completely stopped working as it has… i start the game it crashes, i look at my map it crashes, i fast travel it crashes, i sleep crash, drink crash… etc etc etc… this is unnaceptable from any standpoint and is basic false advertisement to cliam its a finished product with updates. They have sent 0 fucking uldates for xbox… how? They claim its microsoft but thats a cdock of shit since there has never been an issue with the FREE 45gb game world of tanks getting massive updates out… also the only reason for an update the same size or bigger than the install is to completely reinstall the game while adding missing or broken code… so we all got ripped off and now they arent even half assing it as much as benfore… its like quarter assed

1 Like

Betrayed. In the first sentence. Stopped reading. Nobody was “betrayed”.

Exactly, it runs like shit on PC

1 Like

That is why games have quality settings. Games need to be made for the higher level gaming rigs. Nobody would buy higher end rigs if there was not enough software to take advantage. Lower enders should adjust the graphic settings accordingly.

Try lowering the Shaders and Shadow settings, if you havent already. I lowerd them both from ultra to high.

this is heavy man …

Look at this board alone, 99% of people are complaining because the game runs like shit on their rig.
And you’re arguing that they downgraded the game? … Please, use your brain!

2 Likes

There was no downgrade… Warhorse said many times before that the alpha/beta are more prototype versions to get opinions from people how it looks, run, works. If they need to polish some mechanics. More like the Publishers Version. But it is interesting how it changed from beta version to rls version.
For me it is a shame that it isnt possible to build the game on this engine version

2 Likes

i think it´s a really pretty game overall
but the most change was done on the forests. in the beta, they were one of the most realistic forests I have ever seen in games. it looked very natural and dense. Now there is much less undergrowth and bushes and you can simply look through. that you can not do that was one thing that set it apart from other games. so in the release version, you never have the feeling of really being in a deep forest like you had in the Beta. The ground was also changed. where realistic ground plants like ferns and moss was in the beta is now often only dry brown grass. The grass is very dense, but i think it not fit in the woods. In a real european forest, there is little to no grass.

I hope we are able to bring back the realistic woods with mods some day.

Here are some screenshot comparisons i made(L=release/R=Beta):

8 Likes

Why the fuck would I even care…

1 Like

I played some of the earliest versions of the game. Yes, the detail as I recall it was higher then but those clients also were chugging along at really lower frame rates. I suspect what you’ll see eventually is higher definition texture packages available for download. We’ve seen this with other games in the past that didn’t want to bloat their installation packages with textures many buyers wouldn’t be able to utilize.

1 Like

fair enough, but wh stated they would not downgrade the game/there was no downgrade. but this is a downgrade in my eyes. the beta just looked better its the truth. and if the game is played on pc u can adjust the settings as u wish depending on what hardware u have. i strongly believe that after a few patches i can max this game out, so its a shame for people with the right hardware cant go past that because of a downgrade which the developer told us that its not going to happen. :confused:

4 Likes

This has to be the most retarded topic on these forums.

Your proof is of two completely different pictures first of all and this game was designed for PC and ported to consoles not the other way around.

Yes the game has been OPTIMISED but that is to help it run better on PC it has been further optimised for console versions.

Seriously give it a rest dude.

5 Likes

thanks for these, pretty incredible difference between the two

1 Like

idk but this game is playable at 25-30 fps. I even played this at higher graphics at 20 fps and performance is last thing im concerned.

1 Like

From a 3D artist standpoint I disagree.

The grass in final has HXAO, in Beta it has nothing but PBR.
The trees in the Beta picture is much closer than the one in the real version, making it in range of medium LOD. Take a look at the house on the right side on the Beta picture, the textures are awful and blurry.

There has been optimizations here, not downgrades.

7 Likes

Looking back at the beta there is a HUGE difference in the density of vegetation roaming the forests. I can’t seem to find some of the foliage assets from the beta in the official release. There are other details missing like certain reflections in the rain and effects like pooling water. Why did this stuff just disappear? It’s pretty disappointing because I can run the beta decently on my rig but with the other optimizations in the official release i’m pretty sure it would be fine on a high-end rig with the beta foliage/lighting. Something was definitely changed with the way the global illumination works because everything far more “flat” in the official release.

2 Likes