The massive graphic downgrade is real. And here is proof (with screenshot)

I would sign it, but it’s formally not in good shape. It should be shorter and more on point.

1 Like

Do you guys think eventually we’ll get a an rpg where you can explore forests/landscapes with graphics like In those photos? I mean within the next couple years? Yes, battlefield 1 had close to photorealistic graphics, but it was basically on rails so not the same. I’ve been waiting for an open world rpg where devs actually found a way to implement actually photorealistic graphics for a long time. It’s strange how a small Kickstarter company could even do what no other game has ever done and even create a functional, for the most part, large scale area of an rpg with those kinds of forest graphics. And no other company has been able to do that yet? That was damn phenomenal! So sad can’t play in that world that looks like that :disappointed_relieved:

If you want really beautiful and lush forests, try the Hunter: call of the wild
I think it’s the only game out there with realistic forests, very close to what the beta KCD had.

Did the huge graphics downgrade stop the witcher 3 from being a good game?

And ? I do find myself the game amzing, but it dosen’t have any revelance in this discussion, nobody care.

we’re talking about the change made in the forest foliage distribution/variety/density, A change that was made from a build that we’ve could play, it’s not like it was only being shown on promotional screenshot.

Truth/Fact dosen’t care about feelings, and here, it is indeed truth that huge change were made to the forest foliage, that’s all we are talking about here, not if this make the game worse or not.

I hope Warhorse replies to this.

1 Like

Thanks mate. I’ll check it out.

It sure does seem like it from the creator of this topic.

When things go on as the do and consoles keep on holding back PC games and development of Hardware as well as the demand for new hardware, (what sadly is the case) you can expect at least a minimum of 2 to 3 console generations before graphics start to look like beta (in terms of object density and everything).

Hard to say, the last generation xbox to xbox1 took 10 years. So it could be a while. A few generation maybe.

Than its not only the graphics perse, its the artistical style needed and an imense creativity and knowledge about nature as well as love to detail. As an artist myself I would say there are not more than a hand full of people even capable of creating something like seen in beta.

An other big Problem with such dense forests is the false belive that People, and I qute “wouldn’t like it and not accept it”. When the beta was around many reviews claimed that the forests have “no real use” because they are that lush and it “would make no sence” for People when they can’t look trough. Besides the fact that I think it’s totaly wrong, Im also quite sure Publishers do think that way.

So even with the proper hardware available , the art style is the main point here, you can find games with similar post processing and shades but its the art style thats missing and giving lack of realism. You are right the beta was to good to be true, Like a live long “gamers-dream” came true, and even an RPG, exactly my type of games, and solid gameplay… Thats why KCD eveen with OK graphics is such a letdown.

To be fair I think the main reason of that change is not really tied to “performance”. It’s more gameplay related in my opinion. In beta you couldn’t really use your horse in the forest, hunt with your bow because rabbits would be completely hidden, wich is completely fine for me of course.

One of the major issues I see is that I can’t really be “surprised” by any couman or bandit ambush right now…I can see them from a long distance, and in the same time I can’t really feel hidden while trying to enter a camp :wink:

1 Like

Here’s the catch: PC can actually choose and select performance settings that consoles do not have access to.

What the OP is seeing is literally a PC game that was castrated in order for it to run on consoles.

2 Likes

The game was downgraded. If anyone thinks it is gameplay related is just retarded.
This downgrade is on par with witcher3 downgrade.

After a while i knew something was wrong. This so called real forests are no longer here. In fact it looks like crap with this fake lightning.

1 Like

Well in a compressed video on youtube or twitch there is not much to notice i guess. furthermore i stayed away from every video i could so i wont see any spoilers. and i will most certainly not blame myself because of some compressed vidoes …

Dude STFU. PC elitist? We pay $1000+ for our rigs!!! Why should we accept that software sold for PC platform be degraded to suit the needs of console weenies. This is not about platforms though. And your statement about if I think it’s so easy make a game myself, that is fucking childish AND ignorant. WE can’t complain about any shoddy workmanship because we should make it ourselves then? Rediculous!

Also I think I am being misunderstood. I am not second guessing WH on the descision to downgrade, just stating the FACT that they DID which some folks here are in total denial of.

All I know is I would be spending months just chilling in that forest that was in the beta. I would never leave :grin:

1 Like

Some more pictures for the ones who don’t played beta before. This was THE beta forest…you really can lost yourself in it, a piradise for hunters, thieves, bandits and Cumans…obviously…!!!

5 Likes

Yes but optimisation in general seems to be pretty bad. Even on high end rigs with the downgraded graphics.

1 Like

this is the historically inaccurate forest

2 Likes

altough there was a dowgrade, we all should not forget what warhorse achieved with a relatively small team and appreciate the game we got. i think most uf as like or even love the game including me. so give warhorse the credit they deserve and dont see everything in a bad way. im sure if this topic here is communicated in the right way then there will be a solution. maybe they can patch a higher quality grpahics as an option and optimise the game (what they are currently up to bugfixes and such …).
so we should calm down, discuss this topic in a civilized manner and make warhorse aware of the issue.
for the people who dont believe there was a downgrade … i played every itteration of the alpha and beta and there is a significant downgrade. why this happened can no one of us explain, but i guess they had their reasons. (time, pressure, … and so on)

see we got no dlc bullshit, they were very honest with us altough it could have been slightly better. dont freak out, give them time and im sure they will not screw us over. if they do we all know of this issue but for now give them time.

1 Like

Wow those forests do look photorealistic. Amazing but maybe there’s a reason they couldn’t have the whole game world looking like that, doesn’t matter how powerful you’re pc is it just maybe wasnt feasible. Like cd projekt they realised it just wasn’t going to run at playable frame rates if they left it like it.

photorealistic maybe, still historically inaccurate.

1 Like