The Witcher III

Lot of people are able to look at the game (any game) as a sum of all its parts, as a compact work. So even if some aspect is not utterly flawless (Witcher 3 definitely could have used better hitboxes in combat), the general overall quality can get appreciated.
Now, you may not think it is a masterpiece, but the fact that some people do does not mean they are fanboys (implying they are irrational). Witcher 3 is widely loved even by people who never heard of Witcher book or game before playing it. And for many good reasons.

So are games like Call of Duty. :wink: Popularity isnā€™t an indication of weather or not a game is good.

Generally I agree. That said, if someone cannot see the difference in quality between Call of Duty (any) and Witcher 3, then there is no helping them. And I actually enjoyed quite a few of the CoD campaigns (MW1/2/AW/IW)

1 Like

Well i wasnā€™t actually comparing their quality. I was merely pointing out that popularity does not equal quality. But if you think the Witcher is more enjoyable than call of duty, thatā€™s your opinion not a fact. The two arenā€™t even the same genre so comparing the quality is pointless.

I personally like the Witcher 3 a lot, but i can still accept there are people out there who donā€™t like it. And saying those people are wrong for having a different opinion than you isā€¦ well wrong.

I know, which is why I said I agree. But eventhough they are different genres, I can still compare things like the quality of writing and my own, personal experience with them.

I know, but the point i was making is that itā€™s your opinion and there are people out there who donā€™t agree with it, and they arenā€™t wrong for doing so.

Sure, everyone has a right to have an opinion. If someone sees 12 Angry Men or Sistine Chapen painting and has the opinion that they are shitty, they are welcome to it. Doesnā€™t affect the quality of those artworks though.

A true gamer never ā€œhatesā€ on other games Iā€™d say. There are some people who like it or not, but still its a great game. But I am still a bigger fan of kingdom come, due to it being actuall medieval world, not fantasies and alike. So this is quite new in the world of gaming.

1st, Perfect. It is not an 10+ Game like the third title
2nd, WTFIWWY CDP?!
3rd, Good. For me, only with 46 mods! The vanilla game is crap^^

Thatā€™s it!

There are mods for Witcher3? oO Who knewā€¦ :smiley:

I donā€™t hate it, but canā€™t say that it is one of my favorite.

Changed the description of thread to ā€œdislikeā€.

1 Like

yeah but most of them are not compatible with others,
So merging is necessary to feel the true World.
I have 21 mods installed where one of them is a compilation of 26 modificationsā€¦
Here is my complete listā€¦
modAllSlotsUnlocked
modCirilla
modCiriScabbardFix
modDarkerCatNoLowHealthFX
modDjinniFace
modExtendedViewDistanceNonAO
modHairWorks
modmjsNoHlabkr
modNoBeard
modNoCoinLossStealDie
modNoCutsceneLight
modNoDirtyLensEffect
modNoScreenWaterDrops
modNoStairRolling
modNoWeaponRedSwingTrails
modParticlePollensWindSkellige
modSkipMovies
modTrissBaWalt
modW2PotionLength
modWitchArmor
modCOMPILATION_122
Alternate Light Source Interaction
Better Minimap
Better Torches
Close Cam (updated but not available on nexus)
Darker Nights
Drinking Animations No Combat
Enemy Healthbar On Top
extra Animations Sit Down
Fast Travel From Anywhere
Geralt Anims 12
No Degradation
No Item Levels
No Talk Icon FarNClose (my own combined version)
Open Menu During Dialogues And Cutscenes
Over Shoulder Horse Riding
Pirouettes
Preparations
Quick Load
Real time flow
Refill Alcohol
Selectable Main Menu
Collapsed Tabs (modified)
Trade Man
Ultimate Graphics Options
Unlimited World Map Zoom
Witcher Traps

Here are some screenshots of Kaer Morhen W1 vs. W3 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yea Witcher 3 is solid, the story/combat are pretty good/fun to use, the music is GREAT, like god-tier, the graphicsā€¦eh, could be better but overall the game is phenomenal. I think some people are just too niche in what kind of medieval RPGs they like whereas Witcher 3 appeals generally to the masses.

1 Like

that was my favorite part of the soundtrack:

Not me. I love the Witcher games. I first played Witcher 2 back in 2011. It did take me some time to actually get into it because my PC struggled with it. On a new PC and with determination to see it through and I was absolutely enthralled by the story, characters, lore and politics. I then a couple of years later bought The Witcher 1. Again it took me quite a long time to get into it because I was just so confused by and frustrated with the combat system so I put it away. However I made the decision to make a push for it and once again I got sucked into it and loved it. Through trial and error, frustration and tutorial guides I finally understood the gameā€™s unusual combat system. I also would later find a mod that enhances it making the combat better as well as a graphical mod that added more textures. I had did have a difficult start in that initial period while learning the gameā€™s peculiar interface, combat and rpg mechanic and because there was a lot of grinding but I got past that hurdle.(I also discovered that I had accidentally made the difficulty through the combat mod way to high so I adjusted that) I actually like the combat just fine and even more so, I think the game still has wonderful looking graphics and again a great story and setting. In fact I absolutely love the way the game looks. Its beautiful to me. So I got about 80 hours out of my time with Witcher 1. I then went back and played through Witcher 2 again, this time making different choices intentionally to see how the game would be affect compared to my first playthrough. The Witcher 3 was a day one/pre-order for me. I originally bought it on PS4 for the extras but soon returned it and got the PC version on GOG and I absolutely love the game. I love the whole trilogy. I find each one unique and special to me for different reasons. I suppose it helps if you enjoy the stories and characters in this world because that indeed is a major part of these games. To each their own though, we all like different things for different reasons. Iā€™m so very looking forward to Kingdom Come: Deliverance!

1 Like

When did it become cool to shit on the witcher series?0_o

The day it got positive reviews and overall public appreciation :slight_smile: Haters gonna hateā€¦

It really is interesting tho, that each game of Witcher series is quite different. W1 with its combat system was quite different game from W2, and W3 introduced everything good from W2 and made it massive in scale with its open world and unbelievably long playtime, story and amazing side quests. Each has some uniqueness to it, and each can stand on its own feet. Especially compared to many popular franchises, which are derivates of same game, over and over and over again (Everything from Ubisoft? AC, FCā€¦ CoDs etcā€¦)

I personally loved W1 combat system, but I am fine with W2/W3 combat style. But best game for me must be W2 overall, because of its political story (which resembles book saga - Geralt is caught in string of political events, while he has no interest in it, typical for him :)), and I played it many times because of huuuge consequences your decisions create. I mean, how often can you change 50% of your experience (whole ACT2) with your decision? Different story, characters, settings, questsā€¦ I was mindblown by this.

1 Like

Stop it! I created this thread for people, who dislike Witcher III. And not for mad fans!