Theresa and a lost opportunity

You’re absolutely right.
There shall be at least an option to give her flowers afterwards.

1 Like

I’m really looking forward to this DLC. I love Theresa and her character. I hope that the DLC will bring new quests with her playing as Henry and not only quests which make her a playable character. It really felt that chemistry between her and Henry actually worked, which is quite rare in games. It’s a pity they had to cut some of the content.

1 Like

If you did the next to godliness mission you could give the roses to Terasa

Theresa gives birth to Henry’s bastard in KCD2. Or not.

Nothing wrong with that, no, as long as it is clear that it is exceptional. In most games today this seems far from the case. Women have been warriors in history yes. The women you mention may have fought alongside the men, but I doubt they fought in the exact same manner as the men at all times. Women who fought were not generally wearing 100+ pounds of heavy armor and carrying a heavy sword and shield; more often they would use subterfuge or stealth, fight with a bow, from horseback as with the Scythians, with light weapons, or as in more modern times with a sniper rifle at distance. They would act as spies or use poison.

I have no problem with these examples. I do not relate at all with a female character who is supposedly better than the best man at heavy melee fighting. Even if she was unnaturally strong, her body would break down very quickly under the strain. Our joints, ligaments, and tendons are looser than a man’s so we can accommodate childbirth and the angles of our hips, knees, ankles, and spinal column are very different from a man and not built for load bearing or for running etc. As a now disabled former female athlete and equestrian, I know a bit about that of which I speak, unfortunately. Besides, women are not psychologically geared to seek direct physical confrontation, especially against a stronger opponent.

I want to play a character that I can relate to, that is immersive and feels real to me within the context of the world. If it’s aliens or orcs, all bets are off. I just wish we could celebrate women’s unique strengths as they are instead of projecting a man’s strengths onto a female avatar. This has become a status quo in gaming and movies and books etc these days and at first it was fun and fresh, but now it is tired and grating, not only to me. Even so-called “feminism” these days has come to denigrate things that are actually feminine, but that is a long story.

All of this is just my opinion of course.

1 Like

I literally found this post because I had to google to make sure I wasn’t missing anything… I have just completed “Courtship” and I too feel like it “just ended” and that it was all for nothing. It was a pointless quest line with a pointless ending, with a pointless amount of time wasted on the quest.

This relationship option could have been a game changer for me. With only a minute amount of extra lines, this character could have became alive so to speak. It’s a real shame to see this go no-where.

There is a picture early on in this post of a developer, Daniel Vávra saying “I do have long term plans for Theresa”. Does anyone know if Warhorse are going to take this anywhere and actually add to this character?

Many speculate in a dlc.
Imagine that, leaving a story open so we can buy an ending. Anywhere else this would be strongly criticized.
But not here. Everything WH do is right and gets a pass.
But since when was objectivity a forte of gamers? They either love things to bits or hate things to bits.

With DLC4(A woman´s lot) WH will polish this part of the game.

1 Like

It was SO disappointing! I already felt bad because I didn’t know HOW to help Her in a village in the start of the game (I was too stupid with gameplay rules… I tried to fight them and dies all the time… didn’t know it is only about distraction like whistling…) … So of course I focused ONLY on Teresa after… She did so much for Henry… I’m glad that on Love Cutscene it wasn’t a thing that She is a dude… because this Girl has some BALLS for sure…

I had more gifts for her ready… and nothing… I had DLC bought so I thought this Village rebuild will allow me to get her to my town… NOTHING… I have that other “romance” DLC… but I’m pretty sure it is not about Teresa… DEVELOPERS… it is no brainer, to make her a real partner for Henry… If you make it a DLC that I have to pay for it… ok whatever… just make it more real role-playing experience I BEG YOU! :smiley:

Hopefully there will be more with the last DLC (A womans lot)…

1 Like

YES! Thank you for pointing that out. I’ve just checked a list of DLC and it is clear that “A Woman’s Lot” is about Teresa! Love that! … but yeah, what I love about playing this game now is, I have “From the Ashes” from the beginning and I’ve finished my village right before Monastery Quest - I already have a Home and people that I care for. I wish to be able to get Teresa there already :smiley:

Reviving this thread but it’s relevant with the upcoming DLC … hope they at least make some small changes to Henry’s interaction with Theresa.

I had hoped they’d add another substantial quest line involving Henry and Theresa into the main game proper, but now that the 3 big parts of the DLC are revealed, it looks like that isn’t the case.

What they added instead looks still quite interesting, and I’m really looking forward to picking up the game again regardless. But it means the whole bit about Theresa will always feel a bit unfinished with a rather abrupt ending.

Maybe there is … more… :wink:

1 Like

Hoping so.

The un-DLCed relationship with Theresa felt an awful lot like dating in Seattle. Lots of excitement, some really vigorous, yea, acrobatic sex, then the next day the woman doesn’t want to acknowledge you. By all that’s Holy, Seattle Woman, unless you faked every one of those six shuddering orgasms, what more do you want? Although if they were faked, I can see why you’d be exhausted, but seriously, why go through the effort?

I, also, am not looking for a regular bootie call with Theresa or Stephanie, but there is something to be said for an affectionate, if subdued, relationship after the epic denouement.

2 Likes

Huray! :slight_smile:

– Proper dating with Theresa –

• You can now continue to date Theresa after “the act” (ahem).
  • Be careful though, Theresa has mind of her own and can even dump you…
  • But if she likes you, she can help you in your endeavors.

(PAtchnotes 1.9.0)

3 Likes

Hurray! No more Seattle Freeze in Bohemia!

So-o-o-o, now it is better to start with Stephanie and move to Theresa after… Ok, got it.

KCD is now a complete game

@DrFusselpulli @WH_janrucker @TobiTobsen - congrats on this milestone and all that you and the others have put into it!!

4 Likes

Nah, I have not given up Sir Hans yet