This Game is kind of Creepy

lol nice. I know exactly what you mean.

didn’t see this so here it is. at Rattay lower church. same structure also other places eg Uzhitz church (my guess - people of station got a grave; rest in this pile)

4 Likes

@Prepper_Jack mentioned it already, but I found the Hansel and Gretel witch’s house. I’ll need to take a screenshot.

"Spoilers

There was an outdoor oven full of the bones of children, and behind the chimney were stacks of cages
one of which still had a child’s arm bone in it.

In my last playthrough,

Spoilers

I helped the Old Prostitue get her shawl and things. When I went back to her ex-husband’s house a few days later, I walked into a bloodbath. She had killed the ex and his new wife, but not before cutting off his balls and leaving them on the floor.

In my region we have legal shrooms so I tried to play while shroom’d.

Mind blown. You will not get a better shroom creep experience from any other game trust me.

First time was totally creepy but enjoyable creep like what you get from horror movies.
Night. Trapped in a forest trying to find Ginger. Every tree stump is a shadow person who wants to kill me.
While fighting imaginary people I actually stepped into a few bandit camps so it all played like they were out to kill me for real.
I thought Ginger was a mastermind and attracted me into a death trap. I could not see anything further than 1 meter or so with my torch.
Every now and then I’d find one of Bernard’s men, dead, terror in their face, blood everywhere.
NPC spoke in my native tongue (even though game is english). They said weird thing.
At some point I find Ginger. He says that he’s not the one who planned this out.
He says he’s just a decoy to get me in the forest.
I ask him who is behind this plot, he says “You know who he is. He’s waiting you outside”.
I go outside the hut. Standing in front of me is cpt Bernard.
He confesses he hated me from day one and all this was a plan to kill me.
He paid the cumans to hurt Ser Hans Capon so I would be given a promotion and join his team.
It was him and his men to murder the horses to give credibility to their story.
Bernard unsheates his sword and points toward something. It’s an empty grave.
He looks at me and smiles. “I will tell ser Radzig bandits killed you and tossed you in the river, and your body was nowhere to be found.”.
We fought for like 30 minutes real life time. He won. No death screen, he picked my body and put me in the grave.
Then he shoveled all dirt and filled it up. He then looks at me (as in me IRL) and says “It’s your turn now”.
WHEEEW. Shroom effect started fading, Jesus Christ be praised.

The second time I lost myself for at least 6 hours in the forests.
I got the perk that gives you 0 visibility 0 conspicuosness 0 noise while in woods. I became medieval Rambo.
I would storm around the woods, ambush NPCs, bombard towns from the forest, kidnap people.
I had maxed hunting and bow, everything had to be done in the forests, no towns and trading.
When I helped Hanekin Hare, while kidnapping Nicholas wife I went forest-deep and a music started to play: animals had red eyes and and started killing anyone who tried to attack me.
Then I met carcass event. Due to some bug the conversation was endless, it was creep as hell, both of us were playing mind games.
In the end it turns out he was Hannibal Lecter, and he was EATING that girl.
I run in the forest, thinking I can’t die there, I am the master hunter. He chases me, I nock an arrow. Eyeshot.
He laughs it off and punches me to death. Eats my body, then game over screen appears.

6 Likes

After so many hours I “found” this. Pretty sure most of you explorers saw it but to the others: Can you guess where it is? :slight_smile:

I wonder what really happened. The horses

another one of those “accidents”

legal shrooms?! where do you come from? (I gues netherlands ^^)

Wild men has been around so long it’s recorded in the Bible some Israel guy was friends with a wild man in the past which is known to us as Bigfoot Bigfoot wild man Goliath same dam thing what’s :sunglasses: is Odin is belived to have been King Arthur’s friend a wizzard in the woods known as Merlin just study up on it the quickest way is to watch ancient aliens the episode were they talk about Bigfoot

1 Like

One of my favorite moments in the game was carrying a body down a creek bed during a rain storm in the forest.

The lighting would crack and light up the darkness. Great sense of aloneness and also love how sparse things are. They also did a decent job of encouraging random exploring to run into who knows what.

It’s great having a game that doesn’t litter your mini map with 8000 objectives and leaves things more to exploration and having to pay attention to details.

1 Like

Getting lost in the woods at night, drunk, in hardcore mode and without a torch in this the game is one worst experience I’ve felt :confused:

Some of us have done that IRL. Believe me, there are worse things in life. :wink:
OtesĂĄnek (south of Rattay) is quite creepy and pretty much that whole forest.

There are definitely some spooky things about this game, especially because it’s open world. You just walk around and find the most interesting and peculiar things. I got freaked out when I was heading after a bandit camp and the notification of “Discovered: Accident” appeared. I was a bit spooked, but it is a world of it’s own after all! One of the many things I love about open world, especially medieval. Also finding corpses hanging off trees and things is definitely spooky
 I got cornered and attacked by some bandits before fast travelling around at night, so I just avoid doing that, lol, especially on my way to Rattay Mill. Interesting things have come up by those roads.

A great way to deal with high-level bandits when outnumbered is to gallop over them. They don’t stand a chance against your steed’s hooves.