This Game is kind of Creepy

Bandits are not tedious to me, they are COMBAT!!! and FUN!!! and LOOT!!! Get a good longbow and a horse, and bandits are no longer threats as much as they are TARGETS :slight_smile: If you prefer melee use the horse/bow to reduce the numbers down to what you are comfortable with, then dismount and go in close range.

If anyone is finding it too easy I suggest taking your gear down to cloth and using a woodcutters axe
should spice things up a bit lol

It’s not that they are that much of a danger, but sometimes you are already overflowing with loot and just trying to get from A to B

ride around bareback in your undies (or monk habit) with an axe and a torch. when you approach battle spawn points, dismount and free the spirit of the enemy from its fleshy vessel.

2 Likes

Unarmed, monk robes
the paciFIST

2 Likes

If Henry had good disarming moves

1 Like

Full plate so you can take a hit, gauntlet so your punches have a nasty bite and clinch the bejesus out of them. Jab jab jab clinch face punch jab jab jab etc

1 Like

There are plenty of animals everywhere in and around the woods near the Inn In the Glade (especially NW and NE) or my favourite boar hunting spot is SW of Ledetchko (across the river) just W from the smoke (i.e. bandit camp). Great place for red deer: in the little wood NW of Sasau monastery just behind the ruined building. But really, they’re everywhere. A great way to find animals is to listen for them. When you hear them (deer make an unmistakeable sound), figure out whence the sound is coming and turn a little more that way and continue. It’s actually super immersive. I love hunting in KCD.

I’ve had the balliff of Rattay find me many times in remote locations at night to make me pay fine for not carrying my torch, practically a jump scare, he always finds me even if I’m at the other side of the map

That sounds like a bug. You’re being haunted!

1 Like

Sounds like he fancy you. Sure he doesn’t want something else from you? I mean, a man that follows you constantly at night in the woods. He might have some “wood” for you

I have found that is you fast travel with a weapon drawn it seems to spawn encounters far more frequently. It actually gets a pain when you really want to get somewehere fast!!!

They should put you in jail for travelling with your weapon drawn. You’re scaring the locals! :open_mouth:

No, hes just obsessed with making Henry carry a torch at night. What a considerate npc.

1 Like

they might if you have it out long enough, people definitely comment on it. I fell like it’s when you’re in someone’s house, if you don’t leave pretty quick after they say something they’ll call the guards wont they? I always take off but I would imagine they do

just go stand by a guard for a long time with your weapon out and see what happens lol

LOL, I’ve done something similar with Pebbles surprising me like that.

I was playing last night, doing the very first bandit raid for Cpt Bernard where they are to the east of Rattay. Anway, if you take the trail into camp there is a cave on the far side
pitch black inside. I went in there and shot arrows at someone, cause attention and they started searching. No one came into the tunnel, but all of a sudden a light source appeared behind me and a voice started talking and the light got closer and closer
turns out a bandit was looking for me and was above me and the game was freaking out but for a second there it was pretty intense and creepy

Cool thank you for the hunting tips!

Damn LOL!!