KCD is one of the best rpgs around but here are some improvements i would love to see in a sequel:
- refine combat (especially target lock and balance of counter attacks)
- children. For example the refugees of skalitz would would be more impactful if they had children around.
- More variation of npcs on the road. Not only single traveller, but groups, carts. Some could travel to the market in Rattay or Sasau very 15 days.
- more complex npc interaktion. KCD has some of the best npcs I ve seen. I was quiet disappointed when there was no further interaction when npcs like Hans, Theresa or Father Godwin had done their part. How about hunting with hans to various hunting spots. Having a drink with godwin, finding a secret place to meet with Theresa, things like that.
- More impact after quests. Why aren’t there any people going back to Rovna after Henry found a priest 1-2 familes would be enough? There could be a follow up quest. Same with from autumn to ashes and the refugees in Rattay not leaving for prebislavitz.
- more variety of animals. maybe the occasional rat in town, but definitely in forest areas.
- Alchemy is great. I’d love to see more similar systems. I think of cooking, smithing, repairing. Doesn’t have to be important storywise, would just be nice for immersion.
- possibility to learn how to swim.
- more, better companions
- not having everyone greeting Henry by name.
- seasons (has to make sense storywise)
can’t wait for kcd2