Time flow - fast travel, waiting, sleeping

For me it is a brillant fresh idea, but I guess they will not implement it

sleep is the same as wait, just embedded into the world - same relation between some cart travel service to point and click fast travel.
In general, both underlying principles are useful and depending on the rest of the game design probably needed to prevent user frustration. I for one have no intention of watching my character sleep in whatever time scale.
Ideally, the story and quest design leads you from hub to hub and doesnā€™t produce too many occasions where you would use fast travel. The same for sleep to bridging waiting times, if you have enough to do it might be not necessary to just wait in some spot just because it is the next thing on your todo list.

Another way to make people more comfortable with these functions is to make them more than just simple meta functions with a threadbare cover story.
For sleep you could create random events/disturbances fitting the place you went to sleep in frequency and severity or use something like the above mentioned dreams in some form or other.
For travel routes,let them be diverted, stopped, attacked by bandits ā€¦ make some quests out of it etc.
It would give a more living feel for basically convenience mechanics.

Regarding time, I have just one wish: That there will be no time countā€¦

For example, Skyrim was counting time even after end of the storyline so it didnā€™t motivated me to continue playing. Also, I always tried to get throught the game as fast as possible, without much sleeping and so onā€¦ Just to get the lowest number possible. What if there was some ā€œachievementā€ for it (another reason why I hate steam btw). :sunny:

Fast travel is okay feature for me, although ā€˜by horseā€™ or ā€˜by footā€™ travelling should be prioritized by Warhorse. There must be some ā€˜showā€™ going on the roads anyway, like brawl, bandits, hunters, marching military units, children playing, road-works, whatewah :slight_smile: Each time discover something newā€¦

Do you know that
a) you can disable in-game achievements and ignore them altogether
b) you can check all the gameā€™s achievements beforehand to see what do they track

And why would you try to finish the game as fast as possible just because saves print out time played? You do realize most games track stuff like chances to hit, hit locations, distance travelled etc. - donā€™t put arbitrary limitations on yourself if you donā€™t enjoy them, that makes very little sense.

Uhh because there are quests that require a calendar.

I was searching for such topics, and I must say that following my small experience on the beta, the time used to wait and sleep is really to long ā€¦

Besides this, I really like the game, well I love it, espcially also because I also doing reenacment myself + that RPG well, I am in loveā€¦ except when I have to sleep in game :smile:

This will be way shorter in the final game, donĀ“t worry. :slight_smile:

1 Like