To score a 10 out of 10, what does WH need to do to KCD?

Careful not to make comments like this, it doesn’t help improve on the game.

Ironically, fanboys do more harm to their beloved game than good. When they defend against its flaws and justify its weaknesses, they’re accidentally sending a message to the devs that the game doesn’t need to be improved on anymore. The game is perfect. It is flawless. Move on.

3 Likes

It would be awesome, if the actions with for example theresa would matter.
If I give her juwelry, or beautiful dresses, would be nice to see her wearing those.

I love the tailors, but it pretty sucks to travel across the map to find all the same stuff in their inventory…
a nice unique item with a good charisma stat in each of the shops would be nice!

And seriously, the time to get dirty is way too short, last time I didn’t even got from the rattay bathhouse to the town without being covered in dirt again.

And I also have to agree: Children, teenager and eldery people are missing! I have the feeling I see the only six faces in the game over and over again. There hasn’t to be hundrets of different models, just a bit more diversity.

True about Theresa. I wash every time I enter another location. It needs to become habit. Children were explained lately. They wanted to fulfill PEGI rating 18, so the worst thing would be to kill children which might not sell their game and would be considered as drastic. Also because of new sets of animations needed for short people.

God forbid, as a parent myself that’s the last thing I would do or want to see.
Well, imo that’s not a satisfying answer, since some NPCs are also unkillable.
A possible solution would be if you draw a weapon, or make an attempt for an attack the children would run (faster then henry of course) and hide until it’s safe again. Mabe not too far from realism?

This seems more likely to be the reason, also for models. afaik it’s harder to make children look natural then adults, but I could be wrong.

Still it’s sad, that such a beautiful breathing world lacks of such a small, but still imortant detail…
But what can you do? :woman_shrugging:

Agree. Really hope kids are in the game by ‘a woman’s lot’ DLC. Make them unkillable like Nightengale, Vanyek, etc

For me its a game changer enough to make me come back to this game this DLC is all that this game is missing.

Everything you say is correct. At first I thought you were talking about knights doing the turtle formation and shooting each other with muskets. But now I know exactly what you mean and that´s why I sais we talked past each other. I´m sorry for my misunderstanding.

oh come on, they should be killable. the game is an 18 and im not a pussy. its a work of art its not encouraging it

Understand. It’s all good. We both like the game, want improvements where possible and with a reasonable fidelity to history.

As you inferred, the ancients did use unique tactics, but I don’t believe these tactics were used in the 1400s by anyone in Europe.
So no.

Agreed, but I doubt that my XBox One could handle the graphics.

Again a problem for XBox, but more so for Henry. There would be no stopping a cross bow arrow or a canon fire from hitting Henry unless the game was programmed NOT to do so. How immersive would that be?

Agreed, but let’s get Prebyslavitz rebuilt first.

As long as Nightengale, Vanyek, and a good number of NPCs remain non-targetable so should all non-adults.

1 Like

XBox One:
I got stuck in a small gully surrounded by bushes, and used my jump button (X) Going in a circle and finally got out.
Thought I would have to reload.
If I die of a heart attack, it will be while playing this game.

1 Like

A different approach. Offensive, defensive and balanced are tactics. An archer using his pikemen as a buffer is a tactic that results in positioning in space (formation - a line with an offset). That tactic becomes useless when the pikemen split up (the case in KCD; another formation - free for all). The same archer protecting his pikemen (defensive) vs targeting the easiest kill (offensive) is a tactical choice. We could invert this. Pikemen protect archers (defensive tactics and formation) while archers go for easiest kills (offensive). Etc

One could make a case that guard, bandit and Cuman squads should have a tactical bias (offensive, defensive, balanced). Etc

If we had multi-squads or bigger squads, the value of this play element would become more evident and fun. At the onset, Henry could pick the tactical bias of his side (and potentially switch as battlefield evolves).

WH deserves to be commended for improving multi-NPC attacks against Henry. They rush and try to outflank Henry by putting him in C as mentioned by someone else. This though falls apart when Henry fights along side guards.

Nothing quite as immersive as fear. (Did you approach Skalitz slowly, taking in every sight and sound, the dead horse over there, the pile of people who used to be your neighbors over there, worry about a Cuman popping up from around the corner, … that memory burned in your brain likely forever) Henry with a yew longbow or Cuman bow can probably light up some guys with a crossbows or he can rush (as you said yourself it takes time to crank up). Again tactics for a medieval time. This game then becomes rock-paper-scissors. As Henry, you need to know the enemy and use rock this time and scissors next time

1 Like

When WHS is creating an AI to kill the hero, what percentage do they give it to be successful.
As I said, a random placed canon blast or a bolt from a crossbow to Henry would probably be fatal.
It’s hard enough fighting a foe face to face and having an archer fire at you too.
Now place yourself on the charging line when you get hit by a crossbow bolt that has the ability to penetrate armour or a canon blast that could drive you across Bavaria !
“Game Over” screen might come up more often then I care to tolerate.

Crossbows can be nerfed just like Cuman archers. If RL, Cuman horse archers could shoot a target dragged behind a running horse. (That and similar drills were their practice.) And yet, in KCD they can’t reliably hit you and bandits in the face even though you and the bandits are standing essentially still and within 10-20m

The interesting thing about killing children in video games is that it would be crossing the line. While most gamers who kill adults in video games have no desire to do it in real life, the same would be for killing children in games but no desire to do it in real life. Though, I think it would take a while before people started doing it. There would be initial hesitation, then once you’ve run out of things to do, the curiosity would get the better of you.

Iirc, one reason given to justify the absence of children in the game was because of the complex and realistic AI behaviour. They would need to deal with orphans and that required too much work to create family ties between npc’s to take care of em.

1 Like

Kids aren’t small adults; neither in body proportion nor behaviour. That said, time, $$$ and a desire to render a world with realism are the only things that should keep kids from showing up with a dog companion and female character with depth. ‘A woman’s lot’ DLC is quite some time away and $$$ is no longer a stranger to WH so…

1 Like

Found this. Had to share it with you :grin:

1 Like

Funny. Picture makes me wish even more an RPG was made of the Hideyoshi invasion/Imjin War … turtle ships, firearms, massive death and destruction but natives held their own [stopped the grander plan (conquer China) dead in its tracks], invaders eventually had to quit, politics and mistrust galore … some parallels with KCD