To Warhorse: Guys, will X BOX ONE X ever be fixed?

Rhetoric: at what res?!

16:9 or wider and at least one digital input capable of carrying and presenting native video at a minimum resolution of 3840×2160 pixels

Rhwtoric- with what quality level

PacMan at 4k is a piece of cake.
Thise first party exclusives can tweak and tune their game design for world segments that push the hardware (eg forza 7 having nothing on forza horizon 3).
Forza 7 was designed by first party studio who had design input on system/components of the xbox x.
They then built levels to utilise hardware 100%.

This sort of utilisation is where the console market punches above its weight; generally proving stronger with second and third generation titles. Something that the X is a bad step in destroying - microsoft plan to release hardware more frequently/dropping thenoldest gen and making last years super console the new baseline. (Thisis their forward strategy)
They have no respect for software partners (eg they promised kinect in every xbox one but in order to stay competitive with price and performance pulled it at the eleventh hour- imagine designing a game around it and then ‘bye bye’)(-for a 10% increase in cpu power and small price drop)

Consoles thrive when tailored for.
Multiplats thrive when sustems are nearly equal

And decades of consoling shows me games are written for the lowest common denominator and then tweaked a little for higher powered parts.

Presently as a developer the way tobsee the console market is PS4 base (vastly more unit sales) and psPro as upgraded hardware with minor tweaks going to X and minor subtractions from base PS4 going to One

No one is going to optimise for esram for multiplats- something microsoft desperately wants as it closes the gap between xbone and ps4. Microsoft were so desperate to grow number of direct x 12 capable systems (to entice development) it even gave win 10 for free.

Something it uses to leverage statistics in favour of the xbone (game sales and platform utilisation) eg my time in win 10 is xbox live hours/contact time. My copy of forza 3 horizon had to be bought for a console I will never own. And then they intentionally kill pc as a faming platform so that their console looks good.

Ever wonder why direct x 12 never delivered sli/crossfire easily- one of its many benefits? Exactly- makes consoles less brag right worthy.

Only direct x 12 titles on pc are MOSTLY first party M $ titles that run very badly on pc.
Most other developers just acknowledge its a nightmare and doesnt yield the performance it should.
The whole industry is mum on it so no doubt a bunch of NDAs in place.

Most devs when running into direct x 12 issues say they will contact m $ to fix- and then they go silent!

M $ forces console sales due tobhardware licening ($), network cost (xbox live= $), and games sales ($).
On pc they get none of this except for game sales on a few of their first parties.
Which if youve ever used the windows store- it isnt designed to dole out 120gb games (no backups and glitches often forcing redownloads)

All in their favour= more xbox live contact time- the metric they quote instead of sales numbers.

Scorpio/ the x is the worst thing to happen to consumers.
It has rapified platform releases to the negative of gameplayers getting more optimised games.

Sony had a r3ason for the pro (vr) and put in place ethical guidelines to enforce no loss to base ps4 users.

Microsoft are the opposite on that front.
Sadly the x will mostly get the pspro version of games anyhow.

I dont equate more resolution to a better game. Especially not on the tv.

1 Like

Well as long as they increase the texture quality and the draw distance of objects and buildings a bit then i am happy.
I don’t need 4k jet the xbox one X should have been a 1080p beast.

1 Like

Beast in performance should always be the goal. Aiming too high and getting substandard results is poor quality management

1 Like

But ya seriously would leave thenc box x as last plat for optimisation

Ya kinda just reason that it needs it the least!
The ps4 having vastly more numbers means it gets first aim

Its Pro version gets done at the same time by the very nature of what you are doing.
Then xbox (again, numbers) then X.

Good thing for console gamers is Warhorse have been deploying tweaks for yonks* now and the consoles have been showing they are getting massive improvements

Getting convo load times to near nil is a feat even on cutting edge rigs which isnt a piece of cake
 (i had to change my mem timings)(i guess I an using older PC hardware most likely like what the game was developed around -it just seems to run flawlessly at ultra plus everything maxed which cost about a quarter of my framerate from running ‘high’. I give up sixty avg for forty five frames per second averages)

But I run at 1080p with hardware a tad more powerful than the xbox x.
X could probably run ultra graphics quality. At least around nine sliders on ultra- and have thirty frames per second 1080p.
Its obviously a bit of speculation and all sorts of things can go haywire

Eg tomb raider designed to use amd hardware (playstation and xbox’s gpu) had some tweaks removed on PC release. (Kinda sad)
Presently the best thing about the console ecosystem is that the main gpus are of the same brand. It keeps all systems (even ones with low sales) optimised for.

(* yonks is obviously a relative term, if yonks can represent a few months I’m not so sure.)

1 Like

This whole excuse of there being a hierarchy of PC vs. consoles is sophomoric at best. We’ve known for years now that ports should be rigorously tested before releasing. If you are going to port than you should make sure it’s done bulletproof.

In all of these threads are people asking for what they paid for and a few people oddly defending sloppy coding. Porsche doesn’t get to say “we’re a sports car company, so when you buy our SUVs you should expect them to break down”.

I come from an era of cartridges. No updates. No redos. Test and test and test and get it right. And if you can’t port correctly, then don’t bother. Your reputation will be in much better standing.

Those games were simple AF tho. You can’t compare Donkey Kong to the complexities of KCD or even something like Morrowind. Lol

1 Like

you do not invest because you are a peasant.

it is not for chumps
 chump.

You crossed the line, wanker

To each his own.

3 Likes

I don’t know why he comes to a console forum and tries to show off with his expensive PC :stuck_out_tongue:
Then he get’s angry when no one cares lol, hey everyone expected the game to run fine on a 500+ € graphics card it would be shocking if it wouldn’t run well,but it is also surprising and i have to admit disappointing that the game looks so bad on xbox one X. I am glad that they managed to fix performance and LOD distance for the most part but object draw distance and texture quality is still pretty low. Maybe we can get some improvements in the next patch ? Anyway i am looking forward to other open world games to play one my one X like Red Dead Redemption 2 (new trailer tomorrow ! )

Bahaha gets angry? Naw I laughed wildly.you all kinds of way off. Em maybe I’m in the console" thread" because I have a console too.

To be fair I was being ironic doing the pc master race bit. But fermwhatsit got his knickers in such a bunch anyway. He wasn’t wrong tho, I am a wanker :D.

Ooh new Red Dead vid today. Wooo. The only other game release I’m really looking forward to this year.

No they weren’t “simple AF”. They only appear that way now. Just like KCD will appear much simpler in the future. In that era, the Super Mario games, Zelda, Goldeneye, etc (particularly the first 3d versions of those games) were massive games that were blazing into entirely new territory. It’s all relative. And in all truth, KCD is really cool, but not new territory, comparably.

“lol” ugh.

1 Like

New game = problems solved.

LOL @ the level of an xbone GTFOH. Apparently my underpowered pc performs better than the X. In KC:D at least LMAO.

You can tweak your settings on PC i think right now the two biggest issues on xbox are the low object draw distance and the low texture quality especailly on objects. For example the objects at merchants look so ultra low res that you can’t even guess what they ares supposed to be for example the rabbit meat lol, you will only know when the text pops up. What the next Patches should improve on xbox one x:
Texture quality
Object draw distance (right now objects fade out in the same room)

KCD may appear simple in the future but that dose not mean that it is not several magnitudes more complicated than the cartridge area. The size of the files is testament to that.

You need to put things into the context of their time. For a 2018 release KC:D’s open world is not as impressive as Morrowind was for it’s time. Morrowind set a new industry standart and KC:D did not. I don’t think that KC:D is a bad game the opposite is true. But when i look at the game and the textures on xbox one X look like Super Mario on Nintendo 64 and the object Pop in is worse then in Oblivion witch is a 12 year old game then this puts me much more out of the immersion then the “simulated” world where NPC’s have their own jobs etc. Especially when you consider that most NPC’s just spawn in your view anyway and you don’t follow them around. For me that decision to be so hyper realistic is a waste of resources. Another amazing aspect of the game had to be cut down because of that resource management: the woods, now they actually had the potential to set a new industry standard something so detailed has never been done or seen before in a video game and Warhorse pulled a Ubisoft on us here. Now the Woods have super low res resolutions and became from what would have been the best looking forests ever seen in a video game to one of the worst (on xbox). It’s either the engine or bad resource management from the developers but the end result is a technical dissapointment on xbox one X. The game looks 10x worse then what was shown from Red Dead Redemption 2 and Rockstar is bragging and has confirmed that shown gameplay was captured and recorded on a base model PS4. Now don’t tell me this world doesn’t look alive, it looks amazing!

Now compare that with KC:D on xbox one X xDD
Edit: i know it’s rockstar a legendary studio that squeezes every single drop of performance out of the consoles and Warhorse is a brand new studio but come on

1 Like

I am also looking forward to Red Dead Redemption. Can’t wait :star_struck:
They have had a very long time with that game engine So the comparison is unfair to say the least. It was probably a mistake to include the xbox platform in the release of KCD. I haven’t heard a single person on hear claim to have an acceptable experience on that platform. My game on the ps4 has been running great since the second patch. The graphics have diminished some but I’m confident they will be brought back up to par on the ps4 with the last optimization patch. I wish I could say the same for your console but listening to the problems on your side of the fence has led me to believe its probably not going to happen.

1 Like

Yes it will be Rockstars First Game release on the New Generation i am really looking forward to play inside the cities just judging based off the trailer the towns seem to be full of NPCs. The game looks much better then Gta5 witch was still developed for the old ps3 and xbox360 now with the new console you can already see how much improved CPU power matters. The game looks stunning.

File size is not always indicative of needed complication. Could also be excessively poor coding.