To Warhorse: Guys, will X BOX ONE X ever be fixed?

You have to come on… you all wondering about bad fps and other problems on a console!
What do you all expect. Games since psx and ps2 running very bad.
Not in every situation but you can notice fps drops every minute. Same goes to xbox since 2001

And you comparing two different engines! Oblivion’s was created for open world.
Crysis was open, then closed into a city and than a little bit more opened again.
And now WH must porgramming it back to something more than Crysis 1.
WH didnt created the CryEngine. And yeah they got help from CryTek but not for the entire time that the studio will exist.

I dont like the Ubisoft method too but really, how often again, your little weak console would never be able to handle the actual sized map with these forests. Proof, I never saw a video where they played the developer beta (GC and E3 version) with the forests from the backers alpha and beta versions, especially on a console. And this includes that nobody knows if the complete map was ready and finished in the dev beta. And not everyone on pc has good fps!

Are you suggesting that poor coding could change cartridge era game data to the size of whats on modern consoles? You may have come from that era, but it dosen’t sound like you know much about it.

"new studio but come on…

You have to come on… you all wondering about bad fps and other problems on a console!
What do you all expect. Games since psx and ps2 running very bad.
Not in every situation but you can notice fps drops every minute. Same goes to xbox since 2001"
That blanked statement just shows your lack of understanding on this topic. FPS does not drop every minute on most xbox games. Far Cry 5, The Witcher 3, AC: Origins all run at a rocksolid 30fps with 4k checkerboarding, and they are all open world games and look and run much better then KC:D. I have the feeling that you are just fanboying for the devs and their bad port. KC:D runs with low-medium PC Settings with just 2k Resolution on xbox one X. And if it is the CRY engines fault and it’s true that the CRY Engine runs horrible on console then it’s still the devs fault to use this engine since the game was planned as a multi platform release from the beginning.
“your little weak console would never be able to handle the actual sized map with these forests”
That’s maybe true but how come that this Forest was cut out of all versions of the game including PC then ? Not even a 10.000€ custom build pc can run these settings ? 10/10 engine.
And i am not just talking about the woods. I am talking about every aspect of the games graphics. Object draw distance is extremely poor, Texture quality is ridiculous especially on plants, and texture streaming and pop in as well as low quality lods all over the place makes me think i am playing a xbox 360 game.
Now compare that to the console exclusive Red Dead Redemtion 2. It blows KC:D out of the water in every aspect. More NPC’s, better textures, Better lighting (looks like someone is running an ENB), Much better Draw distance etc… and that is on a Base level PS4 and Warhorse can’t even match this quality on a Xbox one X. That right here is proof of bad optimization.

I’m of 2 minds. Really liked RDR (minus the ending) but not a fan of prequels

Huge expectations for 1.5

Yeah same but it wouldn’t make sense for the to push more into the future. In 1911 the west was practically dead going into the 1920’s would be so fun as a western game (interesting time period put not for a western) 1900 makes more sense.
I am also happy that we can see more of John Marston.

I like your optimism ^^

Oh, it’s absolutely the right time frame. Its just shoehorning 2 games together that has me concerned about need for continuity (John Marston). It’s why like FO series… same theme, different people and time (for the most part)

Maybe, but in case of ACO, i didnt know if you ever read the forums about it. But your 30 fps on 4k was for most players a long time a dream on all platforms. And maybe you were one of the lucky guys (like me, with pc) who hadnt any problems. But nearly at the end of the development (patch process) i got the infinite loading screen bug (Found the solution by myself). The Witcher 3, CDPR had experience with two other titles and got the experiences from Bioware. Far Cry 5 has no fps drops but his engine has more cuts than FarCry 2, or more like KCD! In the case of XBOX and bad fps, maybe I’m too nagging too :smile:

I can only say, believe or not but as i said, no proof vid of dev beta with complete map in backers beta style. (And i am talking about everything) So yes, i am sure, No PC or Console will handle this. And this isnt a question of money and equipment. It is a question of the engine and his limitation. Truly, other ones would be more perfect but hey, it is Crysis. A Masterpiece in graphics (yeah for all defenders, in his time). I dont know exactly but i am not happy with the whole sitaution too!
And i found out that the ", Texture quality is ridiculous especially on plants, " is a Bug!
Nothing which they can’t repair!

Sorry but for me you’re talking about a game which you never played. You saw only developer blog vidz or something other. How can you be so sure that everything will run perfectly. In an open world which is nearly the same like every other game? Form a studio which fucks on his community and didnt allows modifications. Most time Alpha and Beta versions are modified for prasentations, announcements, trailers, screenshots and so on (Like KCD). Dont get me wrong, but it can be the same situation as every other game. Only Hype takes people to say the best about a most expected game. And developers will not showing the bad side of her product. But i dont want to compare RDR with KCD. I am a huge fan too! And in case of KCD, i was indeed hyped too! :blush:

You are right about the hype. I was so hyped about the release of KC:D man.
What they promised us “Currently, it surely is the most powerful console. In general, it allows us to use 1440p resolution, top quality Global Illumination, more and better shadows, better lighting and LOD distances compared to the regular Xbox One.”
The end result: The console versions run look terrible especially the one X.
And it’s not only the resolution of the plants but also the buildings and itmes. I doubt that it’s a bug it seems like the xbox one X just runs with low texture settings from PC. Especially when you are in a shop and you see a slimy low quality goo on the table and wonder what it is and then you walk close enough for a text to pop up revelaing that it’s supposed to be rabbit meat, lmao really ? Warhorse needs to put in at least high quality texture settings from PC and better object distance, i am 100% sure that they cut it because of performance/bad optimisation. The game is already out for how long 2 months ? Maybe the vegetation is a bug but the rest has been so since release.

I dont know what you want… but every developer can say or think this.
It is one of the biggest lies in this industry. And everybody who plays consoles since ATARI knwes that. It is like the meltdown fraud from Intel. They knew it but still selling cpu’s and never saying anything again about this security breach.

To prevent objects from pop ins and streaming problems they need to tweak the engine itself and not the objects. But i guess that will mean that the game will look more unrealistic. :smile:
I got a massive attack of my own after i saw the first screenshots of the developer beta. tfa0af2_dash2
That was before the last patch for the backers was released

What i want is not low settings with xbox one x other games run at high/ultra PC settings. Low is shockingly bad for xbox one X

Believe me, i dont want that too. In the future i want to buy KCD for my consoles too

Yeah maybe in 1 year or so after all the patches have been released.

Hazelnus (and others wondering about build quality for consoles)…

Making texture sets ‘smaller’ isny aalways just using higher level compression on them.
They have resolution and colour depth as considerations.

The rapid rollout of the recent texture shrink (as a desperate measure to get a few unoptimal systems to play smooth) is throwing the baby out with the bathwater…

At the very least it does get some feedback that reducing strains on streaming systems has a knock on effect.

True if textures were intended for 1080 res and left with appropriate detail (colour),… this game could, at least on enhanced consoles (Pro/X) deliver considerably more.

First we need to pass a few optimisations and relook at performance then, and tweak appropriately.
Given many users ran high quality with minimal issues- we know the game can do it.

Unfortunately the game launching with save issues and some main quest breaking links earned it a lot of backlash.
Now it is mostly under control- but the devs have gotten used to desperately trying to please playerbase… i would argue forcing texture reduction is a necessary step until everyone can see a proper streaming system working as intended.
Whilst I personally disagree that the game needs to render Rattay so fast as tokeep up with a galloping horse. … it is a worst case scenario that should have been tailored to, at least being close to getting it. Maybe not everytime- but at least possible. Sure maybe not on the fastest horse- that IS the worst case scenario (and what PC gamers like myself like doing with our rigs- I still use Crysis as a break in for new systems… it stresses everything appropriately.

KCD will settle down with time. The textures will get sorted. On PC modding ensures that appropriated sized sets that maximise their data/delivery will happen.
When WH arent rush jobbing a texture shrinkage - console packs shall be fine.

In the meantime- PLEASE- dont download updates: delete and download fresh game- anything we can do to remove fragmentation and keep streaming in top shape- means less squeaky wheels and more focus on optimisation (rather than gimping).

I understand the game will play fine on consoles. We also know some systems have constant issues. (With a natural range inbetween)
Treating intermittent issues with no identifiable cause is the hardest thing for support to get a handle on. Consoles being a closed system with little variation shouldn’t have this range of issues.
Exchanged drives/fragmented data/overheated systems/variations in base design (one vs one s) might account for the numbers still having issues.

Its close - and will get there.
Ive seen worse shape up more, and less issued programs become worse due to teams moving on when game ships.
Warhorse have major backbone - the issues for us early adoption gamers is simply one of time.
When this game has been around for along enough to net a few mods; there will be such a small part of this games’ playerbase recalling our woes!

Textures can be huge in size and look bad and can be made small in size and look good. Well sized textures for best image quality takes awhile and the artists need to know the output res and colour depth.
If the xbox x isnt running the advanced lighting aspects anyway- we dont need high colour depth textures. This means we can still have high resolution textures- sharper than what many are claiming is a gimping given with recent patches.

For many years xbox games dropped colour depth to get framerate. KCD doesnt have to break that trend. (Most games wont use proper colour depth cause the washed out colours (less colour depth) is in line with their cheap tvs. They honestly cant see true ‘hi colour’.

Most gamers prefer sharpness (something they can see).

Of course I’m not suggesting that. So take it easy with your high-horse approach. But if you know as much as you seem to think you do, then you know that there can be sloppy and excessive coding and there can be streamlined well-written code. Your comment was about file size, I said that file size is not always the best gauge, as the quality and streamlining can vary.

Today i’ve downgraded to 1.2.5 due of that texture bug. I’ve tried everything possible to tell the game, “There is no low or medium settings anymore”. But nothing helps. WHGame.dll and executable. Or maybe somthing in cache packs. So maybe downgrade something other but not the vegetation. These 1.4.X textures f@ckd me every min :sob:

1 Like

Agreed they need to fix the low rest textures. Look at Witcher 3 i know i keep bringing it up but just compare the level of visual quality you get.
Native 4k resolution, Ultra PC Textures, better Draw Disstance, HDR Support that PC doesn’t even have etc…
Now look at KC:D it’s sad

1 Like

Source?..

Yeah you’re absolutly right but in case of 4k,
It isnt necessary to play a game. And for personal reason, i dont like these 4k times.
Heavily downgraded games, just only that some fools can play on a movie screen. How stupid they have to be. And then they all want to tell me i havent any idea or i cant set priroities.
But priority is, to have first a smooth game in standard resolutions and not a 5 fps stutter adventure. It seems some people didnt relaize the last 10 years that a full resolution will drop the fps always.

1 Like