To Warhorse: Guys, will X BOX ONE X ever be fixed?

The man himself… end of video

2 Likes

KC:D doesn’t even have 4k it has 2k resolution. I don’t mind that especially when that means they can make the graphics even better (60fps is not possible with the weak cpu so instead of getting a bottelneck with cpu they use the power of the gpu for higher resolutions.)

Not so sure…

If they ran at 1280x720 resolution; there would be lots of 60 frames per second gameplay…

CPUs measure there absolute max framerates when res is set low…

720p in 2018 the last time that was high tech was in 2005 when the xbox 360 came out lol
Some games like KC:D don’t need 60 frames (would be nice to have but not worth the compromises that it would take)

720 isnt that bad. Depending on how it renders to the screen.

Some games have a real need for antialiasing- some not so much…
KCD is one of the least needing antialiasing games I have seen. (Forza 3 as an example of a game that NEEDS it)

When walking around I can barely ever find ‘jaggies’.
In motion the trees can be a little janky (revealing square pixels) by the light shining through their canopys… in motion - on static screen they are perfect.

There are a few moments where I consider a need for bumping res up or antialiasing (or both) as an example- the sword on all the forge screens (start of game) has horrendous ‘edge’.

When games companies start seeking higher res: they usually do so at cost of everything else. Often then games engines dont deliver as neat an edge line, ironically an easy thing to remove with antialiasing when the res goes up.

Getting back to TV screen tech- majority of people dont render 700 lines of motion res (most less than $2k ‘4k’ sets only hit 600 lines with their ‘smooth mode’ on (adds latency to rendering to screen)(not for gaming).

I do agree high res has benefits- even to my 1920x1080 tv I see benefits in uppinh my PC output to 4k/2k. Textures and sharpness improving… at a heavy framerate hit (on a video card stronger than scorpios).

Most games prefer enhanced framerate more than resolution. On consoles- techniques can be used to render the HUD and overlays at native res, whilst keeping the games framebuffer at a lower res…

The best use of variable resolution tech I have ever seen is Killzone Mercenary on Vita.
It is dynamic with the resolution-lowering it tobkeep refresh rate higher when the game needs.
The game is beautiful and fast paced (maybe not always at the same time)- I ever notice it changing and a phone CPU/GPU really shows off ots’ grunt in that title.

KCD is a game that becomes very 'actioney’around 40-45 frames per second.
When I first got it I just moved everything to Ultra detail settings and was happy with 30 frames per second.
This is an established speed rule I use for my ‘walking simulators’.
Used to run a laptop with a nvidia 460m into a 720p projector-100"+ sized screen. Skyrim at Ultra looked fantastic on the wall (and 720 lines of MOTION RESOLUTION). it dropped to 30s all the time.

Heck when Crysis first launched and everyone said that its Ultra mode wasnt doable- it was- at 720p.
Crysis on Ultra settings @720 was worth the resolutuon drop.

Id say the same about Kingdom Come.
Except Id tweak for 40-45 frames per second on capable hardware as that framerate makes the action flow like an arcade game. This isnt Dragons Dogma fast- but the flow and the button mashing become fun north of forty fps.
I now runKCD with antialiasing and shadows down a notch to target 45fps averages.
Scorpio/xbox x should do this game at 1080 with mild antialiasing/at least High settings AND 40-45 fps (assyming CPU can handle) with whichever textures the streaming can maintain.
(Ascertained by lowest throughput the drive can handle in worst case scenario drive usage)

Instead we have 30fps target and shite quality.
But 1400res is a bragging right.
I kinda think that is what many of the xbox x crowd want.
(Dont judge me to harsh for that- but y’know- ‘early adopters’; some do it cause they have the cash- many do it for the ‘I have most powerful console’ claim. Oxymoronic)

I get a narrow screen view ( ~1/4 on each not used) from my LCD computer monitor and the FPS boost was hardly notable.
Other resolution just get slightly wider. Native res is 1920x1080

Nothing wrong with my version sounds like you got a dodgy disc.

You can change your Field of View in the graphics option on console and PC. I think max fov on console is 75 and 60 is default. Try 65 or 70.

The Witcher 3 was built on the REDengine which was released around 2011 for the Witcher 2 which still looks visually appealing, where as cryengine 3 has been around for almost 2 decades. Theres only so much juice you can squeeze out of a lemon.

Your lost items will be in miller peseks chest. After quitting this game for a long time then finishing his quest thats what happened to me