Totally bollocksed ambush AI

Some users have complained about random encounters, and while I can understand and sympathize to some degree I feel there is a bigger problem. The ambushes can be a farce worthy of their own Monty Python skit or at least a meme. For your viewing pleasure, examples are below.

First pic - Warhorse Jenda pulled up because he’s seen this ambush trick before. Being sensitive to Jenda’s body language, Henry scans the surroundings and notices a bandit with a shield on the right side.

Second pic - Warhorse Jenda knows the routine and promptly goes off path behind the bandit… fully expecting that the bandit will turn and rise to attack. Nope. Still locked in ambush mode for the village idiot.

Third pic - Warhorse Jenda gives a shake telling Henry he’s not moving forward anymore. Henry dismounts and sneaks behind the bandit… fully expecting after all that noise that the bandit will at any moment turn and rise to attack. Nope. Still locked in ambush mode for the phantom traveler.

Fourth and final pic in series - Warhorse Jenda snorts to tell Henry to stop messing about. Henry obeys but still in shock over how absurd his enemy’s behaviour was.

This is bad enough, but the exact same steps can be executed at night whilst Henry carries a torch. A ticket with text was sent in over a month ago. Pics (above) were sent as follow up today. Please fix this WH. @WH_janrucker

4 Likes

this is no one off… ambushing Cuman are the same

1 Like

It would be more of a challenge and interesting if the AI was a tad bit smarter and the scout perks would have more meaning.

Btw, Henry was wasn’t in assassin-stealth gear when pics were taken. He was wearing one of most conspicuous kits available (decorated Germ basc-noble mail-padded head, Nurm chest, Augs arms/legs, mail legs, armed doublet, long Skalitz waffenrock - iow gold, shiny, metal with loud colors)

If your conspicuness counted in surprising an attack and effect the scout result would add an interesting twist to the scenario

Got following reply from WH support: We’re working on this issue globally for all ambush situations.

Progress. Thank you WH

1 Like

On this play line I am on the prologue and was just riding around checking out some mods I added when I come across a horse in the middle of the road and a chest off to the side. Also poorly hidden in a small bush is a one of the new full plate bandits.

I dismount not 20m from him and he does nothing! Stupid AI. So I put a better piercing arrow in one of his eyes and take all his stuff.
A smarter AI would have attacked. Game AI really needs an upgrade.