Unable to sprint or ride horse at full speed after accessing inventory

Hello there! I’ve been enjoying my time with KCD, but it appears that I have ran into a very annoying bug. Recently, whenever I open up my inventory or map, and then I close it, my character is unable to sprint at full speed. He does the sprinting animation, and it takes away stamina, but he just runs very, very slow. The same occurs with the horse. I am using Al Buraq as the horse, and when the bug occurs, I am unable to even get close to his full speed, as the horse seems to do the sprinting animation, but moves very slowly. I know that this lack of speed is not a result of being over encumbered, as my weight is no where near the amount required to move slowly. There’s no negative buffs in the buff section of my inventory. I’ve removed all items in my inventory, but that doesn’t change anything. I’ve reloaded the save multiple times, but the issue still occurs. The only way to temporally resolve the issue is to fast travel, but the bug comes back the instant the map or inventory is opened. Honestly, I just want a solution to this bug. It is very frustrating when I am trying to hurry around and complete quests, but I start moving to frustratingly slowly every time I open the inventory or map. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you very much. Also, this bug occurred on PS4, so it might be different for other platforms!

3 Likes

I get the same thing, also on ps4. Haven’t noticed its the menu that causes the problem but it seems to correct a little if you close down the application and restart. Perhaps it’s linked to the hibernate feature.

1 Like

I’m glad you postsed this, I couldn’t find anything else when googling for this issue. I have exactly the same thing: Definitely not encumberance, other debuff or user error.

For me, all movement is slower than normal, it’s not just the sprinting and galloping. In terms of speeds, walking is like sneaking, running like walking and sprinting like (barely) running. I’ve found that sometimes if I stop all movement then open and close the map it is temporarily fixed, could just be a coincidence.

I’m also using Al-Buraq and don’t recall seeing the problem before I bought him. Is it perhaps horse specific?

Edit: Also on standard PS4

1 Like

Which horse do you have at the moment?

1 Like

Im using warhorse Jenna … Never owned Al bariq

2 Likes

should mention what your on PC or what console.

1 Like

Also had the same problem on PS4. Going in and out of map/inventory seems to fix it for me for a short while, but very frustrating.

Only started happening towards the end of my play through (about 50hrs in), have since started a new one and not had the problem.

1 Like

I had it happen once on PC. Sorry for this answer…but didn’t you try restarting from either that or a previous save?

1 Like

Also on PS4

I’m having the same issue all of a sudden, 50 hours in. I’ve reloaded multiple times and tried to do things differently but as soon as I open my inventory we slow down and the only realistic way to get around is a full gallop which is only just a bit slower than the normal canter. I’m using Pebbles with Noble shoes plus Racehorse perk, no armor or decorative stuff, no status effects. Fast traveling seems to fix it but only until I open my inventory again.

Edit: I restarted my PS4 and therefore the applications and it seems to be going okay so far. I’ve reloaded and tested the menu and map a few times since.

1 Like

Yeah, same here. I’m pretty far into the game, and it just started happening.

1 Like

I did try restarting from a save which didn’t have the issue. Such a save was only a few hours away, so I loaded it up and s tarted playing again. After a while of playing the save, the issue started happening again. Perhaps it is related to the amount of time you have put into the game?

1 Like

I noticed that when jumping, Henry appears to glide through the air for a few moments. This also happens when using a horse, and it is much more noticeable on a horse, as the horse flies forward slowly through the air. it is certainly a very strange bug.

1 Like

Strike my last, it just started again. I’m at 50.5h. I’m gonna try reloading from an old save just to see.

1 Like

Yeah I also noticed that while dismounted, if I transfer anything to my horse’s inventory, he ends up like 10 yards away from where he was for no reason.

1 Like

I had a similar problem with PC 1.3. Are you guys all on Ps4? My best guess is that the next update will take care of it. I think us PC players are 2 or 3 updates ahead of you. Which sucks. I really do feel bad for some of you console players who’ve been patiently waiting.

1 Like

I’m guessing the issue occurs only on PS4, as that seems to be the only console that it is occurring on. I made a ticket with the support staff of Warhorse, and they asked for me to send them my saves, so hopefully they can discover the issue.

2 Likes

That’s really the best way to go about reporting bugs. And most people don’t. But, in our defense, WH isn’t great about follow up in both reports I’ve sent with tickets. So if you don’t hear back maybe follow up with them. And perhaps post what they discover. I haven’t seen anybody report any conclusion of one of their report tickets. Or at least not on the topics I frequent most.

1 Like

There are a few temporary fixes to this bug which I have recently discovered. If you are in a town and you are running slow as a result of the bug, you can either: talk to someone, use a washing trough, or eat from a pot. These options temporarily fix the bug, though the bug instantly starts to occur again once you open your inventory or map. Out in the wilds, your options are more limited. If you can find a body, you can loot the body, and your running will return to normal until you open the map or menu again. This is a terrible bug to deal with, as it significantly hinders the progress of the player. Thus, Warhorse should certainly focus on fixing this bug. i’m still waiting for Warhorse to respond to the bugged saves I sent them in the report ticket. I will update if anything else happens!

2 Likes

Same issue on PS4. Started a few weeks ago (and maybe 20-25 hours in) and led to my completely writing off this game until they fix it. When this bug started for me, I couldn’t find a single post about it. Now it’s everywhere. The epic clunkiness of this game is discouraging, as everything else about it is so cool. Do we need a second Kickstarter so WH can hire a team large enough to deal with all its game bugs in a reasonable amount of time?

1 Like

Yeah, late game seems to cause all manner of bugs for me now. I was experiencing hardly any bugs for a very long time, now they’re popping up all over the place. Huntsman of Talmberg quest is essentially broken for me, unless I reload the game a couple hours back to try and figure out what happened to break the quest. I want to love this game, and I certainly do enjoy it at times, but the nature of these bugs, such as the slow walking/sprinting bug essentially prevents players from having the best experience. It’s disappointing.

1 Like