User "" has no active profile

The game was working fine until a couple of days ago but suddenly I wont launch anymore.
After a few minutes of the loading screen I get a message that my user profile is not active.
Nothing else has changed since a few days ago when I played it last.
Thanks for any help

1 Like

Okay, thank you for this message. What program was sending this message? Steam or the game itself?

It’s a labeled as a CryEngine Error.
The full message is

[PlayerProfiles] CGamesContext::StartGame: User ‘Ronan’ has no active profile!

The message in teh crash log is
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: game.exe
Application Version: 3.3.7.2591
Application Timestamp: 564ba638
Fault Module Name: CrySystem.dll
Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.1
Fault Module Timestamp: 564b7739
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00000000002195e2
OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 9992
Additional Information 2: 9992ee1300b60491b3bcae9cbd870ebd
Additional Information 3: 0ff3
Additional Information 4: 0ff335add1a5d3a0d0528eae4a1fc289

I uninstalled and reinstalled to see if it made any difference and it didn’t help

Okay, then I assume @hound can help you here.

I solved it.

I went into the steam folders and deleted the profiles folder.
This is located at
SteamApps\common\Kingdom Come Deliverance\user_game

Then you have to start a new game but at least it solved the issue

2 Likes

Until today I everything was fine but now I have the exact same problem. Deleting profiles or user_game doesn’t do the trick for me unfortunately. :frowning:

EDIT: Okay, nvm… on the 15th attempt or so it finally worked… weird :smiley:

I got the same error message.
I tried to delete all profiles folders but without any issue.
Is there an other solution ?

I will see if I can help you, I send you a PM because I have some questions… :slight_smile:

(edited to add screen shot of error)

I just got the same error message. Playing from the launcher. I will try it a few more times and see if I can get it working on my own but just thought I would report it.

1 Like

I am not finding the path where game saves and/or profiles are located. Where should I be looking?

(edited to remove certain formatting that was being interpreted as code)

For others experiencing this same issue, the save games appear to be in the actual installation folder: Drive\Program Files (x86)\Warhorse Studios\KCD_Beta\user_kingdomcome

(NOT to be confused with the Drive\ProgramData\ or Drive\Users*\App Data\ locations as I first suspected).

Currently, I have not resolved the issue so any help is appreciated. I am hoping to retain my save file (I know, it’s just a beta, but I like to really invest in the game - especially a game like this).

I will post again any progress I make, and please do help if you know of a way to resolve this! Thanks!

Thank you I will take a look at this problem today. Right now I am in a meeting, so I don´t have the time to do it, but I will come back to you as soon as possible.

1 Like

Okay I have send you a PM

1 Like

same me, i cannot play. What can i do?

Are there any fixes other than deleting where I have left off? Pretty upset about this that no one on Steam has resolved this issue publicly when it has been going around for a couple years now.

Same me, help please

Same. Should be fix…

I’m having the same problem and i looked in the kingdom come file and found no User_game folder. also i cannot find a installation folder. i am using steam. if some one could help me that would be great.

It’s a shame. Minor and visual bug, ok, but this… We can’t even play! We bought it, and at full price!

i’ve been getting the same error, going to verify game files in steam and see how i get on.