Using an Inn at night

After a long day of traveling I rolled up to an Inn wanting to sleep, and it was closed! Inn’s are supposed to cater to the traveler, I can understand them closing at a certain hour but we should be able to knock and get the Innkeeper to sell us a room.

He doesn’t want to loose business, hell make late night rooms more expensive.

Just thought it was weird that I had to go sleep in a shed when the Inn was right there.

he’s tired, too
cant be up 24/7
but yeah I was in the same situation … next time rent the room for a week (which is unlimited) then you should be able to get in

Renting a room for longer makes it permanent? Is that what you mean? I never tried that.
How much does it cost?

1 Like

yes even though it says “week” it will be permanent
costs 250 groschen. But never rent for a night and before the night is over for a week because there is a bug after the night is over the room wont be accessible anymore

1 Like

Sweet, I will just have to start making in rain Groschen, there are going to be a lot of happy Innkeepers.

A bit weird that a day costs 2 groschen and a week (so either 5 or 7 days costs 250), doesn’t make much sense.
But then 10 or 14 would be too little. Though 2 for one day is also too little.

yeah but a week is not a week ^^

I think it’s unlikely that you’ll sleep there for 125 days. You’ll probably not even be that long in the game.

a “week” is actually a permanent place to sleep…i’m not even sure it says “week” I think it says “a few nights” or something like that…but it’s forever, totally worth it IMO

1 Like

This has happened to me in Sassau. Irritating.

as long as you’re not looking for a save and just looking for a bed you can usually find one. In the Sasau Inn you should have access to the far room (it;s where some quest NPCs stay when they are active)…you won’t get a save but no one should go in there and you can sleep. In my experience, you can sleep in anyones bed as long as they aren’t sleeping in it…even if you’re not supposed to be there(just don’t get caught) and don’t have a guard following you or he’ll interrupt your sleep

I use them for saves as I refuse to fast travel & I dont like getting ‘drunk’ on the Schnapps. Hopefully the issue will be fixed in one of the upcoming patches.

1 Like

Nah man, being drunk adds a whole new experience. I’m on my second run and I’m doing a drunk thief/assassin(which is tough cuz your conspic goes out the roof when you’re drunk lol) but I don’t eat food, or very rarely, I only drink…down side is I get tired a lot more. It’s a lot of fun though and beer/cheap wine is super affordable so I just buy the tavern out every time I pass through and down like 2-3 at a time. It’s great lol

1 Like

Also I have to spend my own money because unlike food pots, you can find beer literally everywhere lol

THANK YOU for this wonderful info! I had no idea.

I’ve been flopping in camps which, of course, carries risks and has no interdimensional chest :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well I tried this, I started paying for the week at every Inn I used. But then I go back to the one in Sassau and the door to my room is inaccessible. There is literally no interaction button with the door, I go ask the Innkeeper and the dialogue option for rent is gone. If I ask to be directed to my room he tells me the one I was trying to use, but still no E to open shows up when I look at the door.

Not sure if this is a bug or something else, have to check the other Inn’s I paid the week rate for and see if I can stay in those.

did you rent for a night first and then for the whole week? because thats a bug like I said

I had stayed in that in several times before I found out you could do this.

if you rent the whole week before the one day is over (probably 24hours) it will be this way

Bah just reread your original post, didn’t notice that part about the bug. Oh well at least that will be the only Inn this happens at as the others I had not rented yet and did not even stay that night, just bought the room and moved on.