Talmberg Inn Rent Glitch

I have rented the room at the Talmberg Inn and for some reason it appears to be a private area now and I cannot access the chest in that room anymore. Problem persists throughout all the saves I have since buying the room, I have saved and loaded multiple times where it was working before but suddenly does not. Please help.

Even that if the game says “Private are” you can go to your room (chest). Or what’s the problem? You can also go to Theresa’s place…

Have you rented the room for one day and later for “a few nights”?
There is a bug.
If you do this before the one day is over (probably 24hours) you won´t have access to the room/chest anymore.
(Not only the Talmberg Inn has this bug, it´s general.)

Look also at:

1 Like

The first time I talked to the Innkeeper I rented for 1 night and before it expired I changed my mind and changed it to “multiple nights”

Guessing I am experiencing that bug, which is frustrating for me since I’ve covered a lot of ground since then and I don’t even know if I have a save near the point where I originally rented the room. I suppose I can access my stuff from the chest at Rattay Mill and I can get my sleeps there too. Hopefully it gets patched soon though…very annoying bug. Thanks!!

Also, If you rent a room for a few nights and sleep maybe the 2nd or 3rd day and awake. You get locked in there and cannot get out.

I’m having this bug as well. It’s can be global and all your chests can be affected as happened to me. I’ve yet to find a workaround, and wont start the Monastery main quest because I need to store my things beforehand. I dont want to lose them after hours of playing.

So far for me any chest marked ‘OPEN’ is safe for storage. Don’t use the ones that say ‘ROB’

I don’t know this to be universally true but if you cleansave before and run that quest you could reset and try another chest if you have to. I recommend either the one left in your parents house at Skalitz or the one across from the castle stables at Talmberg (door to small room with hay and a chest in it)

I’ve been using the house in Rattay where Theresa lives with the Miller as my hub though, there’s a global chest there too.

Hope that helps!

Thanks, I’ll just avoid the inns until it gets patched. I find Grochen is no problem for me anymore so I don’t care about the 200 I wasted on the Talmberg Inn