Talmberg Inn Rent Glitch

I have rented the room at the Talmberg Inn and for some reason it appears to be a private area now and I cannot access the chest in that room anymore. Problem persists throughout all the saves I have since buying the room, I have saved and loaded multiple times where it was working before but suddenly does not. Please help.

Even that if the game says ā€œPrivate areā€ you can go to your room (chest). Or whatā€™s the problem? You can also go to Theresaā€™s placeā€¦

Have you rented the room for one day and later for ā€œa few nightsā€?
There is a bug.
If you do this before the one day is over (probably 24hours) you wonĀ“t have access to the room/chest anymore.
(Not only the Talmberg Inn has this bug, itĀ“s general.)

Look also at:

1 Like

The first time I talked to the Innkeeper I rented for 1 night and before it expired I changed my mind and changed it to ā€œmultiple nightsā€

Guessing I am experiencing that bug, which is frustrating for me since Iā€™ve covered a lot of ground since then and I donā€™t even know if I have a save near the point where I originally rented the room. I suppose I can access my stuff from the chest at Rattay Mill and I can get my sleeps there too. Hopefully it gets patched soon thoughā€¦very annoying bug. Thanks!!

Also, If you rent a room for a few nights and sleep maybe the 2nd or 3rd day and awake. You get locked in there and cannot get out.

Iā€™m having this bug as well. Itā€™s can be global and all your chests can be affected as happened to me. Iā€™ve yet to find a workaround, and wont start the Monastery main quest because I need to store my things beforehand. I dont want to lose them after hours of playing.

So far for me any chest marked ā€˜OPENā€™ is safe for storage. Donā€™t use the ones that say ā€˜ROBā€™

I donā€™t know this to be universally true but if you cleansave before and run that quest you could reset and try another chest if you have to. I recommend either the one left in your parents house at Skalitz or the one across from the castle stables at Talmberg (door to small room with hay and a chest in it)

Iā€™ve been using the house in Rattay where Theresa lives with the Miller as my hub though, thereā€™s a global chest there too.

Hope that helps!

Thanks, Iā€™ll just avoid the inns until it gets patched. I find Grochen is no problem for me anymore so I donā€™t care about the 200 I wasted on the Talmberg Inn