Very, very low performance

Well said sir, I completely agree with your statement.

Witcher 3, XCOM 2, Total War series, Skyrim, Faallout 4, Dragon Age Inquisition, Mass Effect Andromeda, Star Wars Battlefront to say some of them.

The only thing i cannot set to ultra is ambient occlusion. But all the rest, ultra.

Let’s face it, the textures are optimized badly. Like ubisoft did with watchdogs, back in the time.
Also, the graphics are far from being impressive, they are kind of old, compared to other recent games.

You are right. It doesn’t look that stunning and it runs poorly. I am so disappointed. The game is very very interesting and made with love for the fans but today you have to optimize it well. You can not allow yourself that it runs poorly on high end PCs and it does not look that good. Crysis 3 looks way better and it is from 2013 on this engine.

2 Likes

Try to set the shadows to “Medium” and the lower the objectdistance.
That gave me a FPS boost.

Indeed disappointed with the visuals. Such visuals,even at Ultra High settings do not warrant such a heavy performance hit. Witcher 3 for example has much higher quality assets. the only thing that is visually striking about Kingdom Come is the vegetation. then again you can have far superior vegetation in Crysis 1 with mods and the game performs better

Playing with a GTX 970 and using a ultra wide screen monitor. My frames are 50 fps in open area’s, about 40 fps indoors. I have a smooth experience and no frame drops. I got it on high settings and i think the graphics look fine, it’s a beautiful game. People who say this game doesn’t look very great must be very demanding when it comes to their games or maybe I’m just easy to please as a 80’s kid who grew up with games were you had to imagine most of it yourself.

1 Like

What resolution are you playing with, though? I am playing 2k (2560x1440), and when i get msot fps, i get 50ish. And this is just CRAZY, with a 1080 gtx as gpu…

This game looks absolutely stunning. It is the best virtual world I have ever seen in my 31 years on this planet. If you only care about 4k 60 fps. Maybe you should stick to game’s that are advertising it. I run this game at 55-60-75 fps on medium. You have to keep in mind. This engine never had dual gpu capabilities. KCD worked their magic so people could use cross-fire and sil. People should keep in mind they will continue optimising the game. Modders will be creating patches. Give it some time.

1 Like

most fps problems are probably caused by CPU not GPU
At least thats the case for me I guess.

I’m not sure. I have a outdated AMD CPU. I get 35 fps on Guild wars 2 witch is more CPU based. This game I can play on high, but I get better results on medium. Going to have to look into it.

For people encountering perf issues try lowering first “shadows”, “postprocessing quality” and “shader quality”. Looks like they are the most perf heavy for the moment.

1 Like

2560 x 1080, I’m surprised it runs that well as some other games tend to dive deep with the frames when playing fullscreen. Especially surprised as i keep hearing those with better cards have issues. Got a Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @ 4.00GHz 4.00GHz, 16 gig ram, so i wonder if it might be the processor? not sure though I’m not that good with hardware.

You have a very good cpu, that’s definitely not the case. Not perfectly optimized textures is the best guess, at the moment, considering how many people are experiencing this

I have opened up the console commands and noticed that the game isn’t recognising all of the GPU memory. I have a 1080Ti and run absolutely everything on 4k and ultra settings no bother.

I wonder if this limiting on video memory is the cause.

1 Like

I think the game looks good and I don’t think anyone has said otherwise. What we are trying to point out though is that the same eninge used in other games is used to an even greater effect with a higher fidelity of graphics rendering across the board AND runs at a consistent 60 fps at very high to max settings on our current machines. The game looks great but not to the degree and level that justifies the poor performance being experience by many. I still play games sometimes that are 20 years old or older and still think they look great. I’ve been on this gaming hobby since about 1987 and have been fortunate to see its growth from pixels and vector graphics to photo realistic 3D. Probably many of us have but that’s not what we are talking about here. Those of us who are having performance issues are really hoping to see meaningful updates that address these problems by Warhorse. The game has really bad texture loading problems too. I’ve seen this kind of thing even some of the Crysis games however in those instances its pretty rare and only happens periodically. KC seems to have a hard time with this all the time.

1 Like

Lol please. let’s not exaggerate. Crysis 1 modded with textures and effects looks far better and that’s a 2007 game… Crysis 3 looks miles better. Ryse Son of Rome looks way way better. All of those games Perform hell of a lot better too and guess what all those games use Cryengine…

The discrepancy between KC and other Cryengine games is exactly what I posted about above and in other posts.
As far as KC’s graphics are concerned, according to one’s own personal tastes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
the game looks good to me personally(a.k.a. decent)but that’s outside the topic we are talking about. As I stated precisely and clearly before, other Cryengine games not only have a higher graphical quality than Kingdom Come, but they are also properly optimized. I’m here for the discussion on the game’s bad performance issues, tweaks and stating for the record as a backer and customer, that I hope Warhorse will look into these issues seriously and come out with genuine and meaningful patches to help correct it.

Cheer for GTX 970 peps !

GTX 1060, i7-6700HQ, 12GB of RAM, and all settings on high at 1920x1080. No noticeable framerate problems at all. I was frankly expecting to have to turn the graphics down but it seems fine. Beautiful game, reminds me of Oblivion if it had been released in 2018. And makes me want a remake of Oblivion using the KC framework. That would be something!

Finally a sensible person… Agree with you.

To all the “poor” graphics-whiners: you obviously only enjoy your games when they are graphically stunning. So please don’t buy games that aren’t and you all can stop whining. Just simple as that.

Spoilled kids bah!