Very, very low performance

Sorry to hear some are having troubles.

I’ve been increadibly impressed / lucky that my 5 year old GPU and single core runs this great with everything on Ultra.

DxDiag:
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Card name: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
Dedicated Memory: 4073 MB

To those who say that the engine is used in other games with better graphics…you have to stop right there. Those games are shooters, first person shooters. Shooters aren’t as demanding as a RPG. With Kingdom come there is alot going on in the background, all the different AI and their routines, big open world where shooters are generally corridors where you at best can travel a little bit off the path but most of the time its just different maps loaded after each other with only one way to reach your goal, less AI around compared to the cities in KCD, sure you sometimes get to see a bigger army, but overall there are less then in the cities, only small groups here and there. Graphics aren’t the only taxing thing on a engine, it’s everything. So sure a game can have better graphics and run smoother cause it has less to do behind the scene.

2 Likes

The game is poorly optimised and needs work. I don’t think anyone can dispute that. By now all the PC benchmark websites have agreed on it. Witcher 3 is much better optimised with visuals that easily rival this game and even surpass it in many many instances. I have modded Witcher 3 heavily with high res textures, effects etc and it destroys this game’s visuals yet performs better. Isn’t Witcher 3 an RPG with complex AI? Skyrim modded heavily with real 4k textures and better animations, effects etc looks better in many places and performs better. Isn’t Skyrim an RPG with complex AI?

You missed the point entirely.

The problem is not graphic itself, which is not bad (especialy vegetation), although it’s not spectacular for a 2018 game, either. The problem is the amount of performance required by it. It’s not a next-gen game, but still, it requires more ram than those. This is clearly not intended and, as such, it needs to be fixed. By developers or by modders.

1 Like

EXACTLY THIS! To all those who are riding Warhorse Studios’ backside at the very mention of negative performance, This is NOT a next gen game. the animations, visuals are pretty damn archaic in many places. This is using an old version of Cryengine.

The people who are jaw dropped at this game’s visuals must have prettyy low standards as we have seen better already from older games on PC…

For what it offers, the performance cost is unacceptable. the game does not need as many resources as it currently requires to perform and as Guru3D pointed out, you cannot brute force the game. You will see frame drops. Memory leaks and poor optimisation everywhere.

1 Like

The game has issues. Saying that right now. Anyone that would deny it would be seriously deluded. Warhorse aren’t denying it , hence the patches, so I don’t see why players should.

But scorpgul. Witcher 3 AI are not in the same vein as the AI in this.fact. it is ignorant to try pass that off unless you were genuinely oblivious.

Correct me if I’m wrong , can you interfere with Witcher ai in any way other than pushing off them?

No complexity killing them (stealth or poisoning or otherwise), no complex robbing, they do not follow deep meaningful cycles. The deep meaningful cycles in kcd facilitate all of the above. Want to follow an ai till he goes to bed. Then poison his food . He will wake and eat then die then you are free to rob.

You attack ai in this they either fight or flight or report. There is way more going on under the HUD with AI in this respect compared to Witcher 3 or infact most open world RPGs

But then again, that would require more usage by cpu, NOT gpu. And therefore, it has nothing to do with framerate, as far as i know (correct me if i am wrong, though)

While I admit that this game’s RPG systems that work in the background are more complex than the ones we are accustomed to, this game is actually tiny compared to Witcher 3 and even Skyrim. the amount of NPCs you interact with and the overall number of ai in this game is very limited compared to the previous 2. It should not warrant such a high performance cost. I understand that the game is only a few days old and that the days will be woreking on it (or so they say) but I think you can see why so many people are drawing comparisons to past open world RPGs with decent mechanics

To be fair on this topic I think that we should not compare this game to any other game like Witcher 3 or Skyrim. First of all because before Witcher 3 there were Witcher 1 and 2 and before Skyrim, there were Morrowind and Oblivion, we are talking of games released by experienced teams wich have already done baptism of fire on previous games and with much more developpers working on them. For this small team, wich is pretty new to this subject even if there are experienced people leading, it’s already great to have that quality, It could have been really worse when thinking about it.

I’m sure that they will try to adress performance issues as much as they can after patching really game breaking bugs before and I’m also sure that the modding community will be on fire soon (it’s already the case on Nexus). Maybe this game should have needed 6 month more to be completed but we can’t know if they weren’t forced to release it now due to costs or anything else related to their editor so please don’t juge too much or too quickly.

I’m happy with what I have, I’m glad to be one of the bakers and even if performances needs to be addressed I’m really enjoying this game and I think you are all sharing this feeling, this is why we are all writing here I guess :slight_smile:

Now I think that they will work first on every kind of gamebreaking bugs, on quests or on gameplay that really needs to be adressed before looking at performances, but it’s the way it should be. They will need time now and we just have to wait and enjoy what we have.

1 Like

Regardless of who is or who isn’t having issues, we need to be polite with one another, not dismissive and ridiculing. That’s why by and large I’ve stayed away from Warhorse forums because they’ve always been some what contentious and antagonistic even before the game came out. I just hate that. I came here for help and to help give some feedback from a backer/customer who like many are having performance issues with the game. I’m starting to think this thread serves no purpose. I would delete all of my posts and go elsewhere if I could because I don’t like how folks are interacting with one another here. Hopefully Warhorse will get the word on issues by other means and put out some helpful updates. As someone mentioned above Warhorse has at least acknowledged to a degree these problems themselves so hopefully that’s a sign that they are indeed in communication with the customers and their feedback.

In the mean time I’ll keep plugging away. I’m really liking the game within I just had hoped it’d be better optimized upon release. Hopefully Warhorse will continue to work on it over time. As mentioned above perhaps some modders in the future will come out with some useful tweaks or overhauls. From the beginning my hope for KC is that it would turn out to be the kind of game that I still play ten years or more down the road like I still do Hidden and Dangerous 2, Mafia and Vietcong. I think it has the right stuff like those games it just needs some work on its rough edges.

Ok, interesting finding for Nvidia users: I have no performance issues without nvidia experience game optimisation. If you have optimised the game via Nvidia experience, try uninstalling it to see if it helps.

core i5 7500, GTX 1070, and 16 gb ram on 1920X1080. 30 fps on high ? and even on low i never get stable 60? HUH… what a disappointment… the game is unplayable and the graphics are “not that much” to require all this power. i really hope they get this game fixed soon!

1 Like

Which shows how poor the game is optimized… if your system can run it, why can’t new high end systems run it?

1 Like

AMD has it same. If I try to optimise game profile I start having issues. If I keep it as it is (no boost for perf, no boost for beauty, no override) - I have the best result.

The problem is that you are getting the same framerate on old hardware that others are getting on new, top-of-the-line hardware. That’s what lets you know that it’s poorly optimized.

2 Likes

EXACTLY this!

Your i5 7500 is not high end lmao. His 4790K is by far better and the R9 290x is still a pretty good GPU as well, in line with a GTX 1060 I’d wager. This game also runs better on AMD GPUs for some reason so he might even match a 1070 when it comes to performance.

Dragging every slider on earth to the right is also not a smart idea, one of the lead WH engineers spoke to one of the digital foundry people recently and stated that the highest settings are meant for future hardware, not current hardware. You can’t compare one person running the game on a mix of medium to ultra (reasonable) getting good FPS to someone else running running the game on ultra all the way getting dumpster tier FPS.

Frankly, no, dude.
In NO WAY the graphics, and the game itself, justify the amount of resources needed to play.
Even VR games run better than this.
It’s just poorly optimized, that’s it.

2 Likes

dude, i didn’t mean my setup… i was talking about the other people with high end systems not being able to run this game… and hey the 7500 is mighty so don’t judge.

It’s so weird that people compare image quality to Witcher 3. I recently booted up Wither 3 again, which I play at max settings, and I think Kingdom Come looks better. I also play Kingdom Come at high-very high settings, so I’m not sure if people are comparing KCD low to Witcher 3 ultra. But definitely I think KCD looks better, especially the environment.