Video Update #17 - Cast & Cutscenes

Henry looks really good now!

1 Like

pls stop using memes as arguments :slight_smile: it is annoying as fuck

6 Likes

Why should he be noticeably different in age? Henry is likely to be around 18-20, and his father may have been around the same age when he was born.

I am not appreciably different in appearance or voice in my mid 40s than I was at 18 - I am slightly stronger and heavier (now reaching the heft of 112lbs of pure twig, around 25lbs more than in my teens and 20s), and have rather more grey in my hair (though I had some even at 18).

@Wicker Henry looks very good, now. I want to date the actor.

Please give us a audio reel of Brian Blessed laughing and screaming “Shoot the fucker!”

Reminds me of BlackAdder some how.

Cool update! I didn’t think that the cutscenes will be mocaped almost in full. Besides the facial anims-to-NPC body connection which is still a bit inside the uncanny valley, the WiP cutscene looked pretty good.

5 Likes

Great video update! I was very curious to get a look into the cinematic side of things.

My initial reaction towards Henry’s new face was clearly premature. The voice actors sound great.

1 Like

Trust you @Freix to find some more little detail out there on the interwebs :smile:

You know how we all wondered why Henry’s eyes looked too far apart? 
I see now that it simply mirrors the actors real features! He certainly has a strange look, but he sounds good and I thought the voice acting was excellent. I enjoyed it

It’s possible given the time period that there isn’t actually a massive age difference between father and son. Families got started earlier back then
 didn’t they? I mean especially coming from a village, what else is there to do?!.. depending on how old Henry is meant to be, his father could still be in his late thirties for example?

1 Like

After some quick googling, i found the age of the actor who plays Henry is 37, while the age of the actor who plays his father is 44. Only a seven year difference :smile: , but they seem to have made the Henry actor look younger in game, while it seems they did the opposite for his father.

I would assume that to be the case too, considering how only a few decades ago it was much more common for people to marry in their early twenties/ late teens.

2 Likes

@hereticka Why would you not let him have his opinion? What is the purpose of comunity, that is scared to say that they dont like something?

That meme came off as an argument to you?0_o

1 Like

Brian Blessed too old a little bit for 36 Lord Konrad Kyeser, isn’t it? :ĐŸ)

Everybody can have an opinion, but it is enough to say it once. He even made the whole topic in January about this. And when somebody has different opinion like KarlosCV he is the first one to remind him his opinion is wrong. I sincerely don’t like this attitude, that is why I was so pissed.

2 Likes

You’re kind of new here, and that’s cool. But when you’ve been following something for years, you have a tendency to build up certain expectations and attachments. I wouldn’t call it elitist, but it just comes with familiarity and historical context with the project.

That’s all this is, and everybody’s entitled to their opinions. If Wicker (or anyone for that matter) feels strongly about something and in turn feels the need to reiterate that opinion, then that’s fine. That’s the whole point of this community in a round about way.

You disagree, that’s fine too.

Why can’t we all just get along :smile:

1 Like

I have been lurking since 2014 in this game, so I am not exactly new just because I was silent all that time. I don’t find it as being adult too running around and bark like a dog at everybody who doesn’t agree with me. I guess point of the community should be a discussion, which is sadly non-existent on interwebz todays and it pushes me to become silent again. Btw I am still expecting a name of real actor who should play Henry in Wicker’s eyes. I am honestly interested in that.

I don’t have any actors in mind that I’d prefer. Maybe this one’s performance would be good to me, if he were directed differently(still woudln’t like his face). Sir Warriant pointed out that he might become more jaded as the game goes on, so I’m a bit hopeful about that.

1 Like

Tom McKay looks good but like englishman or irishman. I would prefer someone like

Love Brian Blessed

1 Like