Videoupdate #16 - Blood, Toil, Tears and Sweat

We happily present the latest development progress and the status of Kingdom Come Deliverance in our newest videoupdate Blood, Toil, Tears and Sweat.

The developer build is now in internal Alpha stage, which means the game works from beginning to end, and the whole world is finally built which offers a good overview for the final look of Kingdom Come: Deliverance.
Recorded in-game dialogues with 50 actors, and around three and a half hours of full performance motion-capture cut scenes enhanced by symphonic orchestral music recorded by our composer Jan Valta in the majestic Rudolfinum concert hall.

The next step is to focus on finalizing quests and fine tuning the script, optimization as well as bug fixing. To guarantee high quality throughout the entire game, we have made a tough decision to cancel some elements to the game, including the following:

- Support for Mac and Linux platforms at launch
- The blacksmithing minigame
- The dog companion

A solution for concerned Kickstarter backers will be offered on a personal basis via Info@Warhorsestudios.cz

19 Likes

Great update!

Would love to see the new combat system you guys revamped. And the new armor in the video looked awesome!
All in all, I’m glad the new video was released… but it just made me more hyped and have more questions about the game. Can’t wait till the game is released.

11 Likes

Glad to see polearms in the game, I feel that’s a necessity given the time period. Looks like a great job is coming together!

3 Likes

There will not be blacksmithing in the game?! :sob:

Is there a way to implement blacksmithing at a later time? In DLC or mods? It sucks it’s not in the game considering Henry is a blacksmith…

9 Likes

The Game looks way better than I expected

1 Like

Son of a blacksmith.

5 Likes

Finally the dark ages have ended!

Its great to finally get an update. game is coming along nice great job folks.

@Vik I love the beard sir!

9 Likes

And what do tradesman generally teach their offspring? Hmm. And thanks for pointing out something so simple and pointless, instead of responding to my question

1 Like

The game starts off with Henry’s family being killed in a raid on his village.

His father may have taught him his trade, however the story pulls Henry from a trivial civilian life.

Also I cannot answer your question I do not work for WH.

2 Likes

Some designer fails and pretty big ones. The dog and female can go, it was pointless then, it’s pointless now.
But the horse combat looks like something you want to avoid by all cost.

Also alchemy before blacksmithing… So in what context has Henry the same main minigame (alchemy - magical potions) as old lady in the forrest that everybody avoids? Alchemy is fine if you have something that actually makes sense and alchemy is only second thing to that… Now it’s the main crafting option and i can’t imagine it won’t feel really akward having that as the only option too.

So will other blacksmiths in the game craft the weapons for me now? Is there gonna be progression with master blacksmiths
later in the story that can craft me some unique weapons, maybe even tied to doing a quest? Does the design think
about the choice outside of me crafting the weapons?

I can’t say that only picking your weapons from downed enemies is that much fun. Witcher can’t craft weapons but the
blacksmiths of the world can - hopefuly it will be similar system?

3 Likes

yep, in the end its funny that they started to work on alchemy before blacksmithing…I thought that they are working on bs all time and they just keeping it as a surprise

2 Likes

I would really like to know this aswell.

I can understand if Henry isn’t a master blacksmith and needs to visit one anyway (later in the game with higher tier weapons or armors). But I expected him to have atleast learnt something from his dad. So yeah I’m kinda bummed that blacksmithing isn’t in the game. But there must be blacksmiths then who can take over that job, and different ‘levels’ of blacksmith aswell?

1 Like

What does make you think that? It seems to me they worked on both concurrently, but alchemy system ended up being easier to develop then blacksmithing,

3 Likes

My hype had cooled down, wich was nice. But now i’m more hyped than ever. the game looks good, to bad about the blacksmithing and the dog, but thats not a very big problem for me. Looking forward to the final game :smiley:

4 Likes

I just understand it this way from what Dan said…personally I dont play crafting minigames in rpgs, so for me its not a problem but I can imagine a lot of people were expecting some form of blacksmithing…and feel sorry for them :smiley:

I am one of those who the blacksmithing new disappointed him. @warhorse, neither an even more simple system than Skyrim’s?

Perhaps, while you try to implement a complex minigame you could put a simple blacksmithing system.

Come on, what would this game be without it? :disappointed:

1 Like

Still a great game? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Exactly.

I was bummed when I first heard about, but at this point in development its small potatoes.

The game was never to be focused on Henry’s ability to smith.