Videoupdate #16 - Blood, Toil, Tears and Sweat

Damn, where is my minigame??? :thinking:

8 Likes

Is it possible to get full sized images of those armor assets? Cause that went way too fast to take in all that artwork.

1 Like

The only way to get a full view on this image right now is to get lucky on jobs@warhorsestudios.cz
sorry about it. :smile_cat:

3 Likes

Considering how far itā€™s come along, 2017 looks like a realistic goal now. I had my doubts considering previous delays.

The weapons always looked good, but itā€™s nice to see more variety in the weapons and armor, and the new face models look amazing. I kinda miss 0.5 Henry, I really liked him, but Iā€™m sure the new one will be good too.

Let the often mentioned optimization begin.

1 Like

Wow, the wait is looking to be worth it:)

3 Likes

Apperantly they cansalled you :frowning:

4 Likes

Okā€¦ :expressionless: I know itā€¦ It is an expressionā€¦ I meant that the blacksmithing would be a great feature.

Ok, Iā€™ll take one of those jobs please :innocent:

2 Likes

What does ā€œblacksmithing minigameā€? This means we would have blacksmithing but without that minigame?

As for blacksmithing - I understands some poeple are frustrated by this, but suggestion of a simple system (like Skyrim) instead of minigameā€¦well, if Dan wanted a system on par with alchemy and it couldnā€™t make it into the game, then I am more then convinced he would NEVER replace it with ANY simpler system.

2 Likes

I Do have another question about the optimization.

In the video it was said that the console versions might actually help the pc version in terms of optimization.
I can understand that if it runs on the consoles it can run on the pc. But is there the possibility the pc players can download some sort of dlc (along side of the quest that will be released later) with textures in higher resolutions or that the pc can push the game further then the console version atleast. (a bit like the 4k resolution pack that was released for Shadow of Mordor)

Because it still concerns me a bit that it will be optimized also with the consoles in mind. Sure the game already looks awesome in the current beta that is available for us. But still it is nice to push the pc further and further, graphically wise.

Wow WH, thatā€™s a nice update you got there, almost had me worried for a second.

As much as Iā€™m not that keen on blacksmithing, itā€™s indeed a shame not to include it. Alchemy is strangely implemented but blacksmithing isnt. Henryā€™s mother probably won him over to the dark side.

But Iā€™m glad that Polearms are in the game, horse archery is a nice bonus too. But one thing I got to ask, where are the Crossbows? I didnā€™t see any devs respond to that yet, would like to know if its going to be added?

3 Likes

but what about all the dog art and assets created already? will dogs still be roaming the game world?

Yes, dogs will still be in the game, just not as companions :slight_smile:

Not sure. Dana talks about repair kits, to fix armor and wepons on travel. There will be blacksmiths and forges, but you can only let the smith do the work for money. We wouldnĀ“t be able to forge an own sword.
You can sharpen your sword, but that feature is in the game since the alpha.

Crossbows wonā€™t be in the game, that was announced long time ago.

1 Like

btw its still possible to play backgammon? I remember it from one of the first video updates :smiley:

I saw a board while in the Beta when I took horsey for an exploration. At that point you couldnā€™t pick it up or interact with it or the books (except the alchemy crafting ones (2 of 3) ofc).

Havenā€™t heard anything else since the original announcement of the games though.

Why would you expect crossbows in the game? As if they were common and plentiful at the time and place.

Oh, waitā€¦

7 Likes

Someone actually mentioned that x-bows werenā€™t really popular/used in that era. A quick search in wikipedia though reveals this : The crossbow was particularly prominent in European warfare from the battle of Hastings (1066) until about 1525.[31] In the armies of Europe,[32] mounted and unmounted crossbowmen, often mixed with slingers, javeliners and archers, occupied a central position in battle formations.

I really hope x-bows will be added in later DLC/content, as im a huge xbow fan myself.

2 Likes