Videoupdate #16 - Blood, Toil, Tears and Sweat

Actually lifeless looking NPC’s has been a common complaint since the first alpha.

Its a shame to lose Blacksmithing indeed but facial animations takes far more precedence on creating a believable world, especially in a game with so many cut scenes.

4 Likes

I was a little concerned after seeing the alpha/beta that armor, and characters would be a little samey, and bland. The landscapes and architecture were gorgeous, but I was concerned that not only did they look the same as each other, the game also ran at incredibly low frame rates. Yes, yes, optimization, I heard it plenty of times.

Of course seeing this new video, those fears seem unfounded. There are many different and detailed character and armor models, and I have high hopes that those will reach similar levels as the rest of the visuals. It seems more realistic that the oft mentioned optimization will now take place, and that 2017 wasn’t such a pipe dream as the original 2015 release date.

Blacksmithing is in the game, it’s just that Henry won’t be actively minigaming it like he will with alchemy.

1 Like

We are waiting my Lord!

I see some scabbards assets in this video, it’s great!

1 Like

YES!!! The first step is done and there are more months before the release! So there is still a chance to see them on every character! I hope!!!

@Warhorse: Can you please update us on the status of scabbards?

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Videoudate