Warhorse forum get-together

Hello,
In some topic we stumbled upon a idea of doing some get-togheter of lads/lasses of this forum.

So I started this topic in which we can disscuss details.

I would also like to ask anyone who will post here to keep it only on the topic (simply because if we make this a chit-chat thing it will be pretty hard to extract useful information from it.)

Prague, Battle of Nation, May 6th - 9th

Web page

Participants (14):
ProkyBrambora
DrFusselpulli
TobiTobsen
Blacksmith
jonischaf (maybe)
sully9088 (maybe)
suite (maybe)
Urquhart (+1)
Kris23
masozravapalma
Lamproly
Waldkauz
Yuusouamazing (no)
Gaul
tomtom (+1)
doenny (+1)
RailBalco

Plan:

6th - Get you all to beds
7th - BoN and pub in the evening
8th - Morning BoN (last time they opened at 10am i think) and then get you all on your way.

Don´t forget about tomorrow. At saturday we will meet on the seven swabians in the evening at 8PM.

Nicht vergessen. Morgen, am Samstag treffen wir uns bei den sieben Schwaben um 20 uhr.

Nezepomeňte! Sraz fóra, zítra ve 20:00 v hospodě U Sedmi Švábů!

3 Likes

I want this event to happen! :slight_smile: So Warhorse is on board! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tobi already plans a Community-meeting at Gamescom, so this should not be our topic here.
I also would prefer a meeting in czech republic, prague.
As you say its cheeper than germany, and second: there is a connection with Warhorse and Prague, so maybe this could not only be a community meeting, maybe some of the developers could also be there and talk a little bit about their work.
I hope I could meet Viktor Bocan, than I could talk about Kingdom Come AND Operation Flashpoint. :grin:
But I am not sure about a date. I don´t have much money right now, so I could not go there If the meeting would be soon…

2 Likes

If at any point I can get out to Europe; could I get in touch with you guys? I won’t be able to go for a while (more than a year away). I’ve never been to Europe and it would be cool to meet you guys! I love to learn about other cultures and I like to try and pick up some of the language. Oh… and I will need experts on good beer to help me in that area. Haha

7 Likes

If it were in Prague, that would be great.
I know about some pubs that have great beer and I believe that we could even get Warhorse beer there.

Guys from Malešov brewery I really frendly. Last week I called them to learn where exactly I could get their beer.
It ended with costly chat about how great their beer is, about Battle of nations and then I learned that they supply their beer in countless pubs and restaurents in Prague. (For example Bejzment which is suposedly best Burger-making restaurant in Prague).

As for cost, I believe that we can think of something.

But anyway, I will do some research about places in Prague to hold this kind of event.

As for me, you are free to contact me anytime.

2 Likes

So, maybe we should focus on next year so that people from all over the world can make a plan about it?

Ok, that sounds like a plan.
We have a planty fo time to organize this, then. But the question is, should it be before release of Act 1 or after?

The time before the release will be quite hectic. Unless you want to meet a bunch of nervous, twitching zombies, I suggest after.

3 Likes

Well, yea…
I was kinda thinking in the direction that we will talk only about the game if we do it after the release.
And i would like to know something about the people too :smiley:

But this makes sense.

This is reasonable. A Warhorse community meeting after release. But when will be release, nobody knows… :open_mouth:

We could push the evil plan to set the meeting in EARLY summer AFTER release, so Warhorse would be forced to finished game sooner to fulfil the prophecy. :smiling_imp:

…um, we should say end of summer, early autumn. But we don´t have a specific date yet.
We also could say some time around spring, so release will not be so soon and it would not be to much on the edge.

3 Likes

If I were you, I would do an unofficial one before… and wait for the official one after! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Then we should plan a get-together on spring 2016

2 Likes

Agree, spring sounds good.

1 Like

Wonderful :smile:
@sully9088, @YuusouAmazing and @Blacksmith, what do you think about a get-together at Prague at spring? :slight_smile:

2016?! Sounds good!
When I´m visit Prague, which points of interesst are for the “normal” tourist? And which are for the insiders? I haven´t visited before.
At the evening some beer testing? :smiley:

1 Like

Classic tourists visit old parts of Prague. Prague Castle, High Castle, Oldtown square and any church, museum and attraction they can find.
Although I live in Prague I do not go sightseeing.
Probably best way would be to google what can be found here and what would interest you.

About the community event, I am not sure what type of format would be best.
Whether just one weekend kind of thing or one day? (or more than weekend?)

As to beer testing. I am thinking of two pubs that would be great for it:
Zlý časy (The Bad times) - known to be the best beer pub in prague (though I would dispute that) with many kinds of great beer.

Kachna a koráb (The Duck and the ship) - a smaller pub, but mostly with great beer offer (but smaller than Zlý časy) . But whats more important is that I know the owners and I might be able to get the Malešov/Warhorse beer there.
Disadvantage is that they do not serve meals, only simple meals that go well with beer.

But that is faraway future still, maybe I will find something more suitable.

3 Likes

Yepp, 2016.

It would also be great to see some of the others, like @Tomtom, @rataj, the good @Urquhart, the lucky @janfo (this lucky guy is seen in so many video updates!) @Ryan from Fan-page Kingdomcome-base.net, the warsheep @jonischaf, this new guy @Phaidon from Hattingen, @Waldkauz and @Ragnot and of course @Reinicke with his famous videos. It would be great to meet some of them at a weekend in Prague. :smiley:

Someone mentioned the waaaaaarsheeep? :smiley: määääh
I dunno guys, I´d love to come and meet y´all, but the moneys… Q_Q I´m just a poor university student and traveling to prague is quite expensive, at least for my means.
I plan to go workat some mini job in the holidays, so maybe I can save up some money for it
But we´ll see ^^

I´ll tell you if I´m able to come when the time has come :slight_smile:

Oh and one more condition! @TobiTobsen has to be there as well! :wink:

1 Like

I was once in Prague, in 2006. There was a pub near the Karlovy bridge with rustical, “medieval” interior and ornaments like weapons etc. Wooden banks and tables, beer pint for 50 crowns/2 Euros. I can’t remember the name of the location, but if Prague has more of this kind or that one even exist still, I’d almost be tempted to have a reason to visit Prague once again.

Yeah, I know what you mean… but Prague is less expensive than other alternatives, and its not this far from leipzig. :wink:
30-40 Euro for the bus to Prague and back, you may can get the whole weekend for less than 100€. I know, this is a lot for university students like us… but it is achievable. :smiley: