Warhorse forum get-together

To clear thing up.
Malešov Stronghold is not a brewery.
Actually, Malešov brewery does not have its own brewery yet. But it should be under a construction.

That does not mean that the beer would not be present (although i cannot promise anything as I did not contact Malešov guys yet)

There is still a lot of time, no need to hurry. If we are not able to get to Malešov Stronghold, than Rataje Castle would be also a great idea.
Even if this is only an empty building, it would be cool to stay in the real one for some days and see it later in the game. There is a restaurant in Ledečko, it seems to be not the best one and its small, but its there.

I’m all in for Malešov Stronghold, maybe we should first meet at Prague and from there move as one group to Malešov.

Yes of course we would go as a group.

The Rataje castle would be certainly interesting one. Not only because my friend is a priest in the parish. It is also reasonably close from Sazava, where is the Sazava monastery.
The castle (last time when I was there, cca two or three years ago) is not in exactly good state though. The original keep is still standing, but is not really accessible, and the main building (rebuilt in 17th century in baroque style) although nice is not in exactly good state, it is possible to live there, but there is only one tap of running water in the kitchen and it will be probably quite dusty. Also at the time I was there the castle was lived in by the local priest (who was bit of a recluse and skilled woodcarver), but since then he was relocated and my friend was sent to the Sazava parish, and I think that the castle was not lived in since.

Malesov and/or Prague are ok for me, especially because it means I don’t have to go anywhere far. Actually if the meeting was in Prague, I would be sleeping at home.

That sounds awesome! :smiley:
Although it probably looks very different now.
I trust the Czechs among us to choose a location otherwise, I just need a (cheap) place to sleep and will have fun everywhere. Malesov and Kutna Hora and the castle of Rataje all sound interesting! The church of bones is certainly something to stand in awe.

To put things in right place.

Right now we are talking about two possibilites where to have meeting:

1. Prague
  2. Malešov

Because as @masozravapalma correctly said:

Oh it’s very far off, I see, I thought it was nearby so we could visit it.
Okay, then not Rataje. But then I’d rather go to Malesov than Prague.
We could look around Prague Friday after arrival and in the evening go to Malesov to the place where we are sleeping?
Which leads me to the question: IS there a place where we can sleep? I only see hotels and pensions in Kutna Hora.

There is still some confusion.

By no means I meant that we would not be able to visit Rataje.

Option Malešov roughly means:

• Getting to Malešov, probably on Friday
  • Sleeping right in the Malešov Stronghold (cannot say for sure yet, as I did not tak with Malešvo guys)
  • On Saturday get into minibus and have a tour around game area (samopše, mrchojedy, rataje, sázava etc)
  • On Sunday getting back to prague and saying goodbye.

(there will be party somewhere in there)

Prague option is the old plan described in the first post.

4 Likes

Ooh, now! This sounds incredibly cool! :smiley:

I am just wondering, but was it next year this was going to happen? :smiley:

1 Like

Yes next year in spring

Yes next year. @ProkyBrambora just needs to get more specific about the date. I’ll be at the GDC next year as well as one week in Seattle afterwards, so I hope that the meeting is planned after March. Also I hope he’s setting the date soon, because I know a pretty decent hotel which is cheap, very comfortable and the owner as well as the receptionists are really friendly Czechs and I want to spend the nights there more than in any other less central hotel.

Dont worry i have GDC in mind.

Though right now I am planning the meeting to take place at the Malesov. And not in Prague.

I will know more next month as I will be visiting Malešov

I hope I don’t spoil anything when I say “See you there!” :wink:

2 Likes

Yea, that’s true. Forgot about that.

@Blacksmith
@jonischaf
@Juhnimus
@sully9088
@suite
@Urquhart
@Kris23

(can tag only 10 people in one post, continuation in next post)

@masozravapalma
@Lamproly
@YuusouAmazing
@Waldkauz
@Gaul
@jonischaf

So the end of the year is coming near and so does the
deadline for our get-together.

I would like to know if there is still interest to meet. I
confess I am bit less enthuiastic then I was when I made this topic, but I
ain’t gonna back down.

Though I would prefer to do the meeting in Prague than in
the Malešov stronghold.
It is beautiful place but when I was there I realized that
orginizing this would be a lot of work and even then a lot of things can go
wrong.

So I’d like a confirmation/declination from you guys whether
you still want this or not.

Thanks a lot!

2 Likes

Hi, I am still interested in meeting. I cannot 100% confirm or decline until I know exact date, but I will make an effort to clear my time if I know far enough in advance.
I would prefer Prague, as it is lot closer to where I live and it would logistically be easier for me, but I am not opposed to Malesov stronghold.

Actually as I am thinking about it there will be Battle of Nations in May in Prague, we might combine it.
Have fun at battles drink warhorse beer (which will be probably present I’d guess) and in the evening go to a pub.

Just a thought.

1 Like