Warhorse forum get-together

Sorry for late answer, but i did not get the mail and when have it been decided when this going to happen? It’s too much to read all that :sweat_smile:

Sure, 6th to 8th of may in prague. :slight_smile:

I am not entirely sure, but i presume i can come because i think i dont work that weekend

Umm i recognise you answered this question in deutsch, but since i did not find it anywhere else and you seem that you know and i can’t read deutsch.That sword in the Limited Edition is it heavy or just like a Toy or is it like something awesome you can have standing in the window or something? :smiley:

The Sword for the limited edition will probably be different from the kickstarter Backer swords, maybe a bit different in design. But it will be a forged sword out of metal nevertheless. So this is no toy but a real sword and reasonable heavy.

1 Like

strange… I do have you between the adresses to which I sent out the e-mails.

You can find summarized info in the first comment

or i probably manage to delete the mail on accident

@Waldkauz
They will fuck you over. Make sure to come on a business day and change in bank.

4 Likes

The exchange booth in Florenc Tourist center is much more trustworthy. :slight_smile:

I´m so naive… I thought 6% was to much (croatia last year)…

Thank you.
Now I will exchange more money in Munich. :slight_smile:

I use a currency calculator from the banking association.

https://bankenverband.de/service/waehrungsrechner/

It seems a typical exchange rate at a bank counter is 4% worser than the offical exchange rate (= interbank exchange rate) and on top 2% more if using a credit card.

I live in Prague.

Czech is my native language.

I usually carry a gun.

I’d still not try my luck with any “exchange booth”.

I believe it’s like everywhere. There exists living Saints, living Devils and a lot of people between those extremes.

After I watched the clips on YouTube is seems to me, that this group of taxi drivers and exchange booth owners got away with this cheating for a to long time for some reasons. Otherwise they wouldn’t cheat so often and so heavely.

Today a friend, who often visited a concert at Ostrava told me, that he always was treated correctly at the exchange booth over there. And his skill in the Czech language, enables him only to order some beer. :smile:

Ostrava may be rough in the way that a white is likely to get mugged by gypsies and a person of color may get a skull crushed by skinheads, but otherwise it is a fair place where you won’t get cheated.

Prague is a special place in the way that it attracts failed people from all of the country. Most of the cheater taxi drivers have numerous enforcement procedures against them so they legally don’t own even the shoes they wear. They failed in life miserably and they feel the world owes something to them, so they are out there to take it from the tourists. Cause Czechs might fight back (some won’t even take you on board if you talk in Czech language, unless you are piss drunk - then they know they can get away with cheating you). [Still, overwhelming majority of taxi drivers in the city are 100% fair and really nice people, I used to take taxi daily for years from work]

The exchange booths on the other hand are run mostly by Albanian or Turkish immigrants. They are not regulated enough. Basically as long as they write the exchange rate, they are OK, no matter how far it is from the official interbank rate. After all, that is capitalism. If you don’t like their offer, you can go on and buy elsewhere.

@ProkyBrambora So sadly Urquhart +1 only.

Sorry perhaps it was already told but can I buy BoN-Tickets there?

And where we will “get-together”?

and Fingers crossed for good weather…

Yes you will be able to buy tickets at the place.

i will work on the details tomorow. So I will let you know then.

1 Like

Ok so I think the best meeting point on Saturday would be Anděl station.

On this picture Metro (underground) entrance is just behind the Tram.

for searching transporation you can use this site

BoN starts at 10:00, so meeting time should be around 9:30.
There are two time blocks and for each you need separate ticket. each for 300 czk (11,1 eur)

If you want to meet at friday, then let me know and we can go somewhere, but I dont want to initiate some official big meeting.

Also if you have any questions (transportation, food etc) ask now before it is too late.

I have sent out e-mails pointing on this thread so now I will tag those for who I dont have emails: @Urquhart @tomtom @doenny @RailBalco

2 Likes

Thanks for your info’s and your welfare. Could you please still adjust the position of your WH-camp and the entrance to the BoN on a map? Our pension is located due west of Petin, would therefore attack from there …:wink: :slight_smile:

@ProkyBrambora
Is there something forbidden to bring on the BoN area. Camera, glas, beer?
Which sort of Warhorse beer (Malešov) is the best? :smile:
Have you a plan for the evening?

I will look into it and tell you, but I am not really knowlegable about this area.

I have not heard of anything. You surely can take pictures and videos.

Malesov has: IPA (14°), Pils (12°), Wiesen Hefe (11°) and Staut (15°)
but last time they served XXL Lager (20°) and Stout (21°) from Břevnov monastery.

Its hard to say what is best because each of them is different. Pils is the most classic one. IPA is exquisit but bitter (as every IPA), Staut is also bitter but more sweet than IPA and with taset after coffee.
Wiesen Hefe is wheat beer, i am not really fan of wheat beers but this one is quite good.

If they’ll serve beer from Břevnov, I would really recommend XXL Lager. (ohmygwad)

As to the plan for evening, i am not sure how long we will stay at BoN but I have made reservation at 20:00 at Seven Cockroaches. (see link in the first post)

2 Likes